Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

the WTO wouldn't block a deal from the worlds 5th largest economy, 

Countries need to trade with us, and deals would be sorted..

Deluded and misinformed statements like that are why we are in this position. 

4 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

the WTO wouldn't block a deal from the worlds 5th largest economy, 

Countries need to trade with us, and deals would be sorted..

The WTO may not but the Russians will, oh and we are now the 6th largest having been passed by California  

Can someone also tell me who elects the WTO ?

• Site Supporter

California isn't a world economy, being as it's part of the United States...

the state generates more than the UK, but it isn't a country in it's own right, 

Cheese, seen as you are so informed, which countries will no longer trade with us, which one's will no longer wish for us to sell their good's and why will the wto refuse out membership?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Cheese, seen as you are so informed, which countries will no longer trade with us, which one's will no longer wish for us to sell their good's and why will the wto refuse out membership? 

I didn't say any of that.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

The WTO may not but the Russians will, oh and we are now the 6th largest having been passed by California  

Can someone also tell me who elects the WTO ?

And don't forget, we became the 5th largest whilst being a member of the EU... 

6 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

California isn't a world economy, being as it's part of the United States...

the state generates more than the UK, but it isn't a country in it's own right, 

Is the UK a country or a collection of country's ?

• Site Supporter

Asked this before but, to all those who insist “ democracy and te will of the people” must be up held , what is the objection to the idea of a vote on no deal or stay in? 

No one, absolutely no one on either side of the vote voted for what we have now or knew what it would become.

even the politicians are being caught out with inaccuracies at best and incompetence at worse regarding what will happen WTO.

if the will of the people is important then there should be no issue with another vote, especially if leaving the EU is the will of the people as it will be the same result? 

I get the fact we can’t keep having votes but no one voted for this shambles, the politicians are a fucking laughing stock at the moment, and I think it needs something to close this out 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

And don't forget, we became the 5th largest whilst being a member of the EU... 

We were the sixth largest in 1970 and 1975, before we joined the forerunner of the EU...

still waiting on these facts from you, 

PS, I was fortunate enough to wrangle my way into a Department of International Trade conference with 2 ministers and a lot of major exporters to non EU countries, last year. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Asked this before but, to all those who insist “ democracy and te will of the people” must be up held , what is the objection to the idea of a vote on no deal or stay in? 

No one, absolutely no one on either side of the vote voted for what we have now or knew what it would become.

even the politicians are being caught out with inaccuracies at best and incompetence at worse regarding what will happen WTO.

if the will of the people is important then there should be no issue with another vote, especially if leaving the EU is the will of the people as it will be the same result? 

I get the fact we can’t keep having votes but no one voted for this shambles, the politicians are a fucking laughing stock at the moment, and I think it needs something to close this out 

Makes sense

When you vote for a government, it's clear what you're voting for in terms of the procedures that will take place after the vote.

I'll be the first to admit that a vote to Leave was a shot in the dark, but anyone who says the current situation is "going according to plan" needs locking up and kept there for a long time.

It's ok to admit you were wrong, particularly when it's a decision that's been left in the hands of people who simply are not up to the task. I doubt there are any that are because ultimately it is in the hands of people who are politically driven narcissists only arsed about their own careers.

If everyone could just undig their heels and back down (on both sides), we could probably stay in the EU but get the Brussels mob to consider that they need to make a few changes.

The real problem is that it's just turned into a massive fucking row on the internet. 

There's a middle ground somewhere that would reflect the vote ie. we can't make our fucking minds up. 49/51% is proof if we're realistic.

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

that's exactly what you said. You said it was a deluded statement...

Ok, if we're playing semantics again... 

I didn't say "countries won't want to trade with us". It's delusion to think we'll be able to trade freely with them on March 30th when we have ZERO trade deals in place.

Neither did I say "the WTO will refuse our membership". Our WTO membership changes overnight on March 29th, and existing members have already expressed objections to our potential future arrangements.If you think these are simple issues that can be sorted in a couple of weeks, and there wont be any serious consequences, you are either deluded, misinformed, or both. 

I don't blame you, because people like David Davis came out with shite like this 2 and a half years ago, and it was lapped up by the media.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

We were the sixth largest in 1970 and 1975, before we joined the forerunner of the EU... 

Which confirms what I said... Plus, we had trade deals in place prior to joining the EU. In 4 months, they expire. ALL of them. 

• Site Supporter

I didn't say that we won't have free trade, I didn't say that deals won't have to be struck, you've assumed I meant that. 

again, trying to make out that you know more than most, but when you are called out on it you try and change what you said...

10 minutes ago, Spider said:

Makes sense

When you vote for a government, it's clear what you're voting for in terms of the procedures that will take place after the vote.

I'll be the first to admit that a vote to Leave was a shot in the dark, but anyone who says the current situation is "going according to plan" needs locking up and kept there for a long time.

It's ok to admit you were wrong, particularly when it's a decision that's been left in the hands of people who simply are not up to the task. I doubt there are any that are because ultimately it is in the hands of people who are politically driven narcissists only arsed about their own careers.

If everyone could just undig their heels and back down (on both sides), we could probably stay in the EU but get the Brussels mob to consider that they need to make a few changes.

The real problem is that it's just turned into a massive fucking row on the internet. 

There's a middle ground somewhere that would reflect the vote ie. we can't make our fucking minds up. 49/51% is proof if we're realistic.

How do you come to the conclusion that we should consider staying in the EU when we’ve voted to leave. Cameron asked the EU to change and they stuck up 2 fingers and embarrassed him which led to the Brexit vote.

Democracy needs upholding,  that might not suit you,  but the vote leave won the referendum and that decision needs to be delivered. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

I didn't say that we won't have free trade, I didn't say that deals won't have to be struck, you've assumed I meant that. 

again, trying to make out that you know more than most, but when you are called out on it you try and change what you said...

Ok. Not sure what your point is now. I think you're getting confused between what you accused me of saying, and my rebuttal to those accusations. Never mind. It'll be reet. Carry on. :good:

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Makes sense

“If everyone could just undig their heels and back down, we could probably stay in the EU but get the Brussels mob to consider that they need to make a few changes”

Spider there is no tooth fairy and Father Christmas is pretend and school years weren’t the happiest time of your life, you can’t go back

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Moon boy said:

“If everyone could just undig their heels and back down, we could probably stay in the EU but get the Brussels mob to consider that they need to make a few changes”

Spider there is no tooth fairy and Father Christmas is pretend and school years weren’t the happiest time of your life, you can’t go back

I'm aware of that Moonie

But the idea here is that this is a unique situation, brought about by that chinless slimeparcel Cameron.

You know what I'm getting at, I can't be arsed.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

How do you come to the conclusion that we should consider staying in the EU when we’ve voted to leave. Cameron asked the EU to change and they stuck up 2 fingers and embarrassed him which led to the Brexit vote.

Democracy needs upholding,  that might not suit you,  but the vote leave won the referendum and that decision needs to be delivered. 

Wonder why every single ardent Brexiter is scared of getting a fresh measure of their beloved "Will of the People" after 2 years of chaos and enlightenment? 

It's not happening anyway, but it's interesting that they're terrified by the concept. 

• Site Supporter

The EU collectively don't want us.

One member state openly referred to us as a "troublesome marriage". 

Despite being a net contributor financially, they sneer at us. As shown by the ridiculous deal that May has come back with.

If we go back, we will end up far worse off than we are now

Just now, Cheese said:

Wonder why every single ardent Brexiter is scared of getting a fresh measure of their beloved "Will of the People" after 2 years of chaos and enlightenment? 

It's not happening anyway, but it's interesting that they're terrified by the concept. 

Wonder why the only people who want a second referendum/ peoples vote are remainers