Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

Medicines are often developed by a company, then later generic versions become available.

I presume they are made under some sort of license agreement to ensure quality.

At one time insulin was extracted from pigs and cows. As Denmark produces a lot of bacon, perhaps there was a natural source of raw material and hence, historically, the insulin industry grew there.

Fuck knows.

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Medicines are often developed by a company, then later generic versions become available.

I presume they are made under some sort of license agreement to ensure quality.

At one time insulin was extracted from pigs and cows. As Denmark produces a lot of bacon, perhaps there was a natural source of raw material and hence, historically, the insulin industry grew there.

Fuck knows.

Generic drugs are only allowed the be made after the patent as run out on the original drug

18 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I heard on the radio before that Spain are ready to torpedo the deal anyway unless they can veto the final deal due to Gibraltar. Or something. Its all getting a bit silly now.

I'm sure I predicted that thre hundred and odd pages ago.

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

No flies on you Malcolm

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I heard on the radio before that Spain are ready to torpedo the deal anyway unless they can veto the final deal due to Gibraltar. Or something. Its all getting a bit silly now.

Proper lollll

• Members
4 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Don't worry..

He's the bloke who is so anti EU He'll more than happily tell everyone what a disgusting organisation they are and can't wait till we are out 

Then moves to Spain 

I'll be living there for 6 months of the year soon too matey. Fuck all to do with EU membership as well you know.

I'd be very happy to be spending peseta's on my Mahou there in the future - don't you worry about that.

• Members
4 hours ago, Winchester White said:

We had a report down here this morning that 8 of the 27 are looking like they won't agree to the deal so we may get what was voted for by default.

I was listening to Times columnist (and lifelong leftie) Melanie Phillips this morning.  We might be political opposites but she talks much sense about Brexit - especially the sheer lunacy of publicly stating that a 'no deal' scenario was off the table before we even started negotiating with the EU. I can only connect such an utterly stupid tactical blunder to the fact that we are being led through this by a Remainer.

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

We had a report down here this morning that 8 of the 27 are looking like they won't agree to the deal so we may get what was voted for by default.

A few people have stated for a while, and in fairness Cheese is one of them, that the plan all along was to go WTO  -  it's what the country voted for, so in theory, we shouldn't have been bothering with any negotiations anyway I suppose.

16 minutes ago, Sweep said:

A few people have stated for a while, and in fairness Cheese is one of them, that the plan all along was to go WTO  -  it's what the country voted for, so in theory, we shouldn't have been bothering with any negotiations anyway I suppose.

There is zero chance the 27 won’t agree the deal, it will get ratified. That’s ratified by the EU. For the hard of thinking. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

There is zero chance the 27 won’t agree the deal, it will get ratified. That’s ratified by the EU. For the hard of thinking. 

Makes no odds as it will not be ratified by our parliament. The DUP will not support Theresa May's deal so that was money well spent. Nearly as much of a waste as the 300k Boris spent on water cannons. Piss up in a brewery springs to mind.

5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The EU nations will reluctantly agree to it. Our MPs though...far tougher there.

May apparently is already planning two votes to try and get it through.....I thought you were only ever allowed one vote....