Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Change and Lib Dem campaigned on reversing Brexit and polled about 20% a 1/3rd less than TBP that’s all anyone needs to know. 

In remainworld, remain wins everything.

Just like in North Korea.

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Change and Lib Dem campaigned on reversing Brexit and polled about 20% 1/3rd less than TBP that’s all anyone needs to know. 

Why ignore Greens and SNP ? 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Change and Lib Dem campaigned on reversing Brexit and polled about 20% 1/3rd less than TBP that’s all anyone needs to know. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/european-election-results-lib-dems-and-greens-lead-remain-surge-2019-5?r=US&IR=T

You just don't get the message do you? Remain won Leave lost... Show me your analysis to say differently.. I have produced a number of links to prove my case... Prove your case then

10 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Please share your analysis, i'd be interested to see it how that has apportioned the Labour and Tory voters other than it was in their manifesto, which is a bollocks way of apportioning votes

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/05/27/won-uks-european-elections-leave-remain/

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-were-the-european-elections-a-victory-for-leavers-or-remainers

My analysis is simple. You think you've found an election/result that suits you so you're creaming your drawers about it. You've no idea how each individual Labour or Conservative voter would have voted. Nor have you any idea how those who turned out in the EU referendum (72 per cent turnout) would have voted as compared to the 36 per cent in the election last week. On every level you are clutching at straws.

So I shall repeat again. At the EU referendum - in which the clear question was asked, should we stay in the EU or leave, 52 per cent (17.4 million) voted leave. 48 per cent (16.1 million) voted remain.

To be in such a state of utter denial three years on is not healthy. You should have been assigned a grief counsellor some considerable time ago.

Just now, paulhanley said:

My analysis is simple. You think you've found an election/result that suits you so you're creaming your drawers about it. You've no idea how each individual Labour or Conservative voter would have voted. Nor have you any idea how those who turned out in the EU referendum (72 per cent turnout) would have voted as compared to the 36 per cent in the election last week. On every level you are clutching at straws.

So I shall repeat again. At the EU referendum - in which the clear question was asked, should we stay in the EU or leave, 52 per cent (17.4 million) voted leave. 48 per cent (16.1 million) voted remain.

To be in such a state of utter denial three years on is not healthy. You should have been assigned a grief counsellor some considerable time ago.

Thought as much no real analysis to prove your case over the latest EU election... The mood has changed and you can't accept it

Just now, paulhanley said:

Also no idea how many SNP or Green voted Leave. Just nonsense to back up a closed view. Malcolm said that an estimated 25% of SNP voted Leave, but that doesn't suit the narrative.

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Were they 100% leave?

No but if you want a serious debate on the numbers you can not ignore them. 

If you want to continue the non stop backward forward and cherry picking facts you can. 

(By ‘you’ I do not mean you specifically) 

3 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Of the Leave vote in the referendum do you agree that if there more options such as leave with a deal and leave with no deal the result could have been different ? 

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

Thought as much no real analysis to prove your case over the latest EU election... The mood has changed and you can't accept it

The mood has not changed. I'll tell you what has changed though - suddenly you believe in democracy. You spot a way of manufacturing an election result you like and you're all over it like a cheap suit. When it's a result you don't like - 52/48 in a referendum that explicitly asked the question 'leave or remain' .... well, you didn't like that result. So you can deny that one and try to undermine it. 

The extent of the duplicity is quite startling. You are the epitome of the sour, hysterical, sore-losing remainer. You need grief counselling.

2 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Show me the facts that i am missing then

There is nothing I can do, say or show that will have you change your view, so just enjoy it!

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

Pete, for your sanity, take a step back mate.

The latest EU election has no bearing whatsoever on the main event does it ?

Most leave voters in the real event couldn’t be arsed with the Euro tosh, stats prove that, whereas stats also prove the remain voters turn out was high.

The remain voters would turn out for the opening of an envelope, but it is just meaningless, jejune bravado which counts for nothing in the grand scale of things.

The facts are that the original referendum was flawed. But we can not just erase those results and the impact on us all. 

The only option is to get the best deal we can. 

Remainers wanting to ignore the first vote are wrong but equally Leavers who think a 52/48 majority gives a mandate to go to the furthest extreme are equally flawed.