Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

My organisation will be doing a lot on the anniversary of the murder of George Floyd, as will every member of our UK network in solidarity. 

We are an organisation that is 117 years old, whose patron is the Queen. Our remit is to save art for the nation, to keep great works from private hands to be enjoyed by everyone.

I'm proud that from the Tate to the IWM to the smallest house there will be something to mark this hopeful sea change in attitude. That its not OK to be passive, that despite abuse people continue to recognise institutional failings - that we continue to question and amend our attitudes, even in the face of those who don't feel we should.

Small gestures for wider change, I expect the usuals lauding each other, but that's why things do need to change; so please carry on.

10 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

My organisation will be doing a lot on the anniversary of the murder of George Floyd, as will every member of our UK network in solidarity. 

We are an organisation that is 117 years old, whose patron is the Queen. Our remit is to save art for the nation, to keep great works from private hands to be enjoyed by everyone.

I'm proud that from the Tate to the IWM to the smallest house there will be something to mark this hopeful sea change in attitude. That its not OK to be passive, that despite abuse people continue to recognise institutional failings - that we continue to question and amend our attitudes, even in the face of those who don't feel we should.

Small gestures for wider change, I expect the usuals lauding each other, but that's why things do need to change; so please carry on.

Out of interest what are you doing to remember the Manchester bomb attack ?

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

How can any sane person in this country celebrate the death of that criminal from over the pond ?

You have the anniversary of 22  deaths from a terrorist bombing at a pop concert and the death of a British Soldier slane by 2 terrorist on this day, of which the latter never gets a mention.

Its beyond comprehension.

Exactly mate, almost on our own doorstep, yet some virtue signalling wankers prefer to choose to remember some career criminal scum from America. 

Absolutely sickening when you see the faces of those little innocent kids blown apart by some backwards terrorist.

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Exactly mate, almost on our own doorstep, yet some virtue signalling wankers prefer to choose to remember some career criminal scum from America. 

Absolutely sickening when you see the faces of those little innocent kids blown apart by some backwards terrorist.

That’s in the past can you not accept that?  

they are now playing to the woke masses and trying to leverage what benefit they can from floyds death. 

they will have a diary note for the Sarah everard anniversary for next year as well though. Candle sales will be through the roof. 

Edited by Escobarp

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

That’s in the past can you not accept that?  

they are now playing to the woke masses and trying to leverage what benefit they can from floyds death. 

they will have a diary note for the Sarah everard anniversary for next year as well though. Candle sales will be through the roof. 

And they wonder why their parties are totally unelectable these days.

I have no problem with events around George Floyd and the cultural impact that spawned from that  

just do not understand why the Arena bombing is not remembered. Is the anniversary of Lee Rigby too ? Nothing on that  

16 minutes ago, Ani said:

I have no problem with events around George Floyd and the cultural impact that spawned from that  

just do not understand why the Arena bombing is not remembered. Is the anniversary of Lee Rigby too ? Nothing on that  

Just doesn't fit their narrative does it ? As sad as it is, that is the plain truth of it all.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I have, I am sure it will be all over the news today,

"12 months since GF died at the hands of Police Brutality, what has changed and how as it affected us a country and what have we done to make sure this doesn't happen again" BBC/SKY NEWS

Did they really say that?

As journalists, you’d imagine that they might have known that there’s nothing we can do to stop it happening here again. It didn’t happen here in the first place

I can't help but think these kind of people take joy in doing something like this. It's pathetic.

I have nothing to apologise for and I don't need to change my views. 

I've never done anything to hinder a black person and for people to assume I have just because I'm white says more about them than me.

If nic wants to question and amend his own attitude for what happened recently and years ago when he wasn't around then let him crack on.

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

"12 months since GF died at the hands of Police Brutality, what has changed and how as it affected us a country and what have we done to make sure this doesn't happen again" BBC/SKY NEWS

"12 months since Lee Rigby died at the hands of 2 foreign terrorist immigrants, what has changed and as a country and what have we done to make sure this doesn't happen again" ??????

Which one of the above will get or which one did get more media exposure, and considering one of them affected was one of own, its no wonder why the majority of people are pissed off and imo rightly so. 

And whilst money is tight, Norwich's Labourn run Council decides to light up their town hall in honour of a serial offending criminal. What next by Labour, a tribute to Ronnie Biggs on his birthday ?

They are passing people off now and causing division. We should be remembering our own, killed by backwards savages which Labour are only too happy to welcome with open arms.

The sooner Labour buck up and get back to being a great party again or fuck off totally out of politics, then the better it is.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

And whilst money is tight, Norwich's Labourn run Council decides to light up their town hall in honour of a serial offending criminal. What next by Labour, a tribute to Ronnie Biggs on his birthday ?

They are passing people off now and causing division. We should be remembering our own, killed by backwards savages which Labour are only too happy to welcome with open arms.

The sooner Labour buck up and get back to being a great party again or fuck off totally out of politics, then the better it is.

To be fair, he was murdered by a policeman so whilst a bad'un I am not sure he deserved that.

Not sure what that has to do with Norwich Council though, seems an odd thing to do really?

6 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

To be fair, he was murdered by a policeman so whilst a bad'un I am not sure he deserved that.

Not sure what that has to do with Norwich Council though, seems an odd thing to do really?

Like you say, what the fuck has it to do with Norwich Council ? 

20 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

"12 months since Lee Rigby died at the hands of 2 foreign terrorist immigrants, what has changed and as a country and what have we done to make sure this doesn't happen again" ??????

Which one of the above will get or which one did get more media exposure, and considering one of them affected was one of own, its no wonder why the majority of people are pissed off and imo rightly so. 

And if you do not like it that is perfectly fine and reasonable. 

It not a competition of Lee Rigby v GF v The Arena , people can remember one or all or none of them that is their choice. Of the three I personally think the Arena is the one that affects me most so means most to me. GF not all although the impact of it including BLM movement ( not the BLM party) is significant in many ways. Some might not like the impact but it clearly has had one. Lee Rigby only 7 years ago and hardly gets a mention. 
No idea why some stories stay with the public others do not. There is child abduction by a stranger every week in this country. How many make the news ? Why are some headlines and others ignored ? Strange world we live in