Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

I think you’ll understand that these things are subjective 

I do

But overall, would you say you are happy with the way they've performed over the last 12 years?

That is to say, on balance, has it been a term in office you're satisfied with, as a tory voter?

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

We'll agree to disagree. You and a few of the others of reddish hue will get your wish in 2024 I suspect.

I'd feel safer being run by The Griffin tap room than the likes of Lammy, the Stockport slapper and the Bidenesque Mr. Beige.

Rest assured, I'll be waiting.

I have voted blue more than red and I don't even get a vote at the moment living in Chorley.

However, this is not a good government and I am fairly sure Starmer and his team would do a better job than the current shower.

41 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

We'll agree to disagree. You and a few of the others of reddish hue will get your wish in 2024 I suspect.

I'd feel safer being run by The Griffin tap room than the likes of Lammy, the Stockport slapper and the Bidenesque Mr. Beige.

Rest assured, I'll be waiting.

Sorry. I've just got to amend my earlier thoughts.

There's no way this fella has two marbles rolling around that empty vessel that sits atop of his shoulders.

Over the years its been quite funny to watch him go from a mild discontent to full on sandwich short of a picnic material.

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

The thing that concerns me about Lammy is his tendency to assume a disparate outcome is necessarily a result of bias, which - if applied to public policy - would be disastrous 

He also as a habit of saying silly things, but I think beyond that he's fundamentally a good man

He was bang on about Stacey Dooley and Comic Relief

I think that's where I am coming from, he sometimes seems quick to judge things as discriminatory before all the facts are established. But in his defence maybe his life experiences of facing bigotry and racism lend him to have little sympathy.

He does seem to be a genuine fella though.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Sure.

If I am disappointed, what might I be disappointed with?

Are you too embarrassed to answer the question?

I’ll take any answer. But it’s YOUR answer I’m after, not mine 😂

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Sure.

If I am disappointed, what might I be disappointed with?

Here's the question again in case you forgot:

overall, would you say you are happy with the way they've performed over the last 12 years?

That is to say, on balance, has it been a term in office you're satisfied with, as a tory voter?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Quality. Duck and weave, duck and weave

I'm thinking the shame is taking over.

Eventually, he'll have to either admit voting for them was a failure, or that he approves of their conduct.

In fairness, it's not a pleasant choice.