Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Ani said:

The financial services sector was never meant to be part of the deal. I have no idea why. 

Feels to me like the bigger party in these negotiations called the shots and the smaller party had its belly tickled.

Sovereignty springs to mind.

We’ve got that (we always had but this is always ignored) and that’s the headline Boris needed.

1 minute ago, Ani said:

The financial services sector was never meant to be part of the deal. I have no idea why. 

This is just my thinking; everyone knows that London will continue to dominate the secor, and EU countries and companies will continue to need access to capital, so little need for change. Capital is much more liquid than goods.

I read earlier that more are employed in FS in London than before the referendum.

Just now, paulhanley said:

Is this all you are left with after months if not years of bitterness about the referendum? It takes scraping the barrel to new extremes.

Yes, but, but, but............

• Site Supporter

Is this all you are left with after months if not years of bitterness about the referendum? It takes scraping the barrel to new extremes.

No. I am questioning your comment regarding "elites". You obviously admire some "elites", but not others. I wonder why?

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

No. I am questioning your comment regarding "elites". You obviously admire some "elites", but not others. I wonder why?

You are obviously trying to divert attention away from the fact that there's a deal between the UK and the EU - delivered by people you've cack-handedly poured scorn on for months on end on here.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

We don't all have to resort to novicely copying and pasting entire articles from our newspaper of choice because we can't form our own arguments. Some of us can actually discuss things.

Seriously, you're hardly one of those, though.

• Site Supporter

You are obviously trying to divert attention away from the fact that there's a deal between the UK and the EU - delivered by people you've cack-handedly poured scorn on for months on end on here.

You are obviously unable to explain yourself. It's understandable. When you rely on other people to implant opinions into your head, you're always going to struggle to expand on them.

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You are obviously unable to explain yourself. It's understandable. When you rely on other people to implant opinions into your head, you're always going to struggle to expand on them.

I thought this might be the perfect time to give you a quote from Margaret Thatcher. 

“I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.”

7 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I thought this might be the perfect time to give you a quote from Margaret Thatcher. 

“I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.”

Theyre struggling badly mate, most likely worried Brexit will be a success and they'll have to eat humble pie instead of actually realising they'll do ok out of it. Shallow fools indeed.

Both should put the booze down, its clouding their bitter judgement, the Horwich one has already been caught lying by yourself twice in the last hour.

Not sure whether to get the brandy out or some popcorn to go with those balloons 🎈 😉 

Just now, miamiwhite said:

Theyre struggling badly mate, most likely worried Brexit will be a success and they'll have to eat humble pie instead of actually realising they'll do ok out of it. Shallow fools indeed.

Both should put the booze down, its clouding their bitter judgement, the Horwich one has already been caught lying by yourself twice in the last hour.

Not sure whether to get the brandy out or some popcorn to go with those balloons 🎈 😉 

Thing us though like quite a few remainers they have still not realised that if you're in a hole you should stop digging. 

Get that brandy out. The final EU tentacles depart in five days, we came back from 3-0 down to get a point and its Boxing Day.

1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

Thing us though like quite a few remainers they have still not realised that if you're in a hole you should stop digging. 

Get that brandy out. The final EU tentacles depart in five days, we came back from 3-0 down to get a point and its Boxing Day.

Exactly mate, we've got better things to do than argue with 2 fans of Drunk Steve Bray 👍 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

The irony of you posting that has clearly gone over your head. All you've done in our brief discussion is attack me personally, whilst failing to address the question.

Edited by Cheese

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Did he, was it in the news.

Did he just flip because a trade deal was negotiated?

There's only so much being wrong that anyone can take. Dearest Steve has worn out so much shoe leather, spent hours making placards and days bellowing like a distressed babboon only for his last hope to go to ratshit on Christmas Eve.