Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Of course.

We were all assured it would be done in weeks by Maggie Tate

Just out of interest, when you voted leave did you think of relations with European customers or has this become a by product of the total out come?

I ask because in theory it will make things better for me at work (providing customers accept the likely price increases) 

When I voted I chose from a personal viewpoint rather than a work one.

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

Brexit has been great if you don’t care about peace in Ireland, Scotland leaving the UK, making trading much harder with our nearest neighbours and putting our manufacturing at a major disadvantage. I don’t think it was worth the risk but well done all you visionaries🥴

Priceless.....remind me again how long Scotland have wanted Independence. 

Not having a dig, but I've got a pic showing Sturgeon, Galloway and Pat Kane campaigning in 1992 on George Square. 

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Brexit has been great if you don’t care about peace in Ireland, Scotland leaving the UK, making trading much harder with our nearest neighbours and putting our manufacturing at a major disadvantage. I don’t think it was worth the risk but well done all you visionaries🥴

There has to be a time when everybody moves on. Everyone pulling together has to be our best course of action now?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, tomski said:

Just out of interest, when you voted leave did you think of relations with European customers or has this become a by product of the total out come?

I ask because in theory it will make things better for me at work (providing customers accept the likely price increases) 

When I voted I chose from a personal viewpoint rather than a work one.

Chose from a personal viewpoint given the ease with which leaving was described.

An effortless deal would be struck, we would lose mountains of red tape and be able to improve exponentially with the freedom.

Elements of that are still true, but in nothing like the way they were sold in 2016.

Im happy to leave, not so happy with the way it’s been dealt with. That’s not just remainers either, because leavers are split too.

7 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

If you believe the snp wouldnt be campaigning and existing with the sole intention of an independent Scotland then you are less intelligent than even I give you credit for. 

brexit is to blame 🤣🤣. Fuck me thats priceless and actually makes people voices like Paul’s louder. 

Edited by Escobarp

Just now, Escobarp said:

If you believe the snp wouldnt be campaigning and existing with the sole intention of an independent Scotland to then you are less intelligent than even I give you credit for. 

brexit is to blame 🤣🤣. Fuck me thats priceless and actually makes people voices like Paul’s louder. 

Took him since Christmas Eve to come out of his spunker and post that mate.

Said it before but he's either thick as fuck or a great WUM.

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Took him since Christmas Eve to come out of his spunker and post that mate.

Said it before but he's either thick as fuck or a great WUM.

Spare a moment though to think how hard it must be to live a life with this mentality. Have some sympathy 

People on here today have made reference to the fact they find it amusing that some people who voted leave blame all that is bad on remainers. Right here there is an example of the other cheek of the arse.  

strange how the same people think that’s ok. 

Edited by Escobarp

15 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Scotland’s independence is less likely now, in my view

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

People on here today have made reference to the fact they find it amusing that some people who voted leave blame all that is bad on remainers. Right here there is an example of the other cheek of the arse.  

strange how the same people think that’s ok. 

Think what’s ok?

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I put an economic report on here the other day which was questioning their finances and sovereignty.

Not easy at all for them re Independence, just the cult sheep would go blindly with them.

Just now, jules_darby said:

Think what’s ok?

Maybe it’s just me Jules. But if I’ve a view on one extreme set of views and pass comment if somebody then in the same conversation chips in with the opposite but equally extreme set of views I would pass comment also. Unless of course i share those views. 

5 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

You are placing too much faith in people’s intelligence BD. This isn’t about economic prosperity for a large swathe of people. It’s about nationalism And doing whatever they can to have no affiliation whatsoever with the English. 

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Maybe it’s just me Jules. But if I’ve a view on one extreme set of views and pass comment if somebody then in the same conversation chips in with the opposite but equally extreme set of views I would pass comment also. Unless of course i share those views. 

You’ve lost me

I’m not extreme in views on most things...certainly not on this

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You are placing too much faith in people’s intelligence BD. This isn’t about economic prosperity for a large swathe of people. It’s about nationalism And doing whatever they can to have no affiliation whatsoever with the English. 

I’d say the same is for a lot of Brexiteers (for Scotland replace U.K. and U.K. replace Europe) based upon the celebrations on here before details (ergo more prosperity) were known

Or still are

How is it you put it, 2 arses of the same cheek?

You’ve lost me

I’m not extreme in views on most things...certainly not on this

I know you’re not. You’re far from It actually. 

do you not find suicide watch farrelli’s comments about brexit being to blame for everything that’s bad (even the droughts and famine in Ethiopia and the like ) just as strange and funny as Paul’s opposing views? 

3 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I’d say the same is for a lot of Brexiteers (for Scotland replace U.K. and U.K. replace Europe) based upon the celebrations on here before details (ergo more prosperity) were known

Or still are

How is it you put it, 2 arses of the same cheek?

I would agree there are numbers of people that would fit this description. But as farrelli proves this people of limited intelligence exist on both sides of the arsehole. 

I live here and see the anti English rhetoric amongst a lot of people especially outwith the major cities. It’s growing at a rate of knots. Driven by the messaging of the SNP. 

Edited by Escobarp

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I know you’re not. You’re far from It actually. 

do you not find suicide watch farrelli’s comments about brexit being to blame for everything that’s bad (even the droughts and famine in Ethiopia and the like ) just as strange and funny as Paul’s opposing views? 

I find most extreme views to be that way, yes. However there is a cabal of extreme Brexiteers on here whose voice dominates

11 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

We’ll see, I hope we don’t even get the chance to see.

But, in the end the economic necessity of the EU trumped their political doctrine. For Scotland, they would have to trade with the rest of the UK through a hard border and, I think, that economic reality would trump their (warped) indoctrination.

Which is, of course, why the Union was formed in the first place.

I find most extreme views to be that way, yes. However there is a cabal of extreme Brexiteers on here whose voice dominates

A cabal? Really? There are some extreme brexiteers on here but there are also people with polar opposite views who “were” vociferous. Fair play on that front to farrelli for continuing to air his extremist viewpoints whilst others have disappeared since Xmas eve.