Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

11 months of growth?

Something must have happened 12 months ago that has sparked this surge.

My memory isn't what it was, I'll check the archives and see if there's anything there.

Edit: Silly me, it's in the report - something about a virus:

The rebound in demand from COVID-19 lockdowns propelled global manufacturing output growth to its fastest for 11 years at the start of the second quarter. But supply delays hit a record high, limiting production in many companies and driving goods prices higher at a rate not previously recorded by the survey, with the US reporting the steepest increase.

Edited by Spider

1 minute ago, Spider said:

11 months of growth?

My memory isn't what it was, I'll check the archives and see if there's anything there.

The rebound in demand from COVID-19 lockdowns propelled global manufacturing output growth to its fastest for 11 years at the start of the second quarter. But supply delays hit a record high, limiting production in many companies and driving goods prices higher at a rate not previously recorded by the survey, with the US reporting the steepest increase.

No one is claiming anything here, just putting it up there for folk to read

A bit more here

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0504/1213655-uk-manufacturing-index/

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Quite bizarre how some good news about a sector slowly recovering from the devastating impact of covid is met with such nonsense.
Not surprising on here sadly but nonsense nonetheless. 

Sorry, I thought he'd put it in the politics thread.

Such good news quite rightly belongs in the Coronavirus thread.

💥

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Quite bizarre how some good news about a sector slowly recovering from the devastating impact of covid is met with such nonsense.
Not surprising on here sadly but nonsense nonetheless. 

Some folk just want the nation to fail so they can have a pop at the government for not doing enough to aid the recovery. They are miserable nitpicking twats.

• Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Some folk just want the nation to fail so they can have a pop at the government for not doing enough to aid the recovery. They are miserable nitpicking twats.

Which people are these?

Name names. Shame the bastards.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Sorry, I thought he'd put it in the politics thread.

Such good news quite rightly belongs in the Coronavirus thread.

💥

Guaranteed you would point score politically if it was bad news. 100% guaranteed from you.

• Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Your question is answered in my reply above 

Well now

As you know, I work in UK manufacturing. I am much closer to it than some desk jockey in London spouting off on Twitter.

So you'll understand that my very livelihood depends on its success.

The figures are great, but they are a direct consequence - as Esco correctly pointed out - of our crawl out of Covid. A crawl helped in no small part by a superb vaccination programme.

I'm merely guiding these figures away from any suggestion of a Brexit impact, because I promise you we are a long way from any advantages of that yet. They may come. They may not.

16 minutes ago, Spider said:

11 months of growth?

I told you that, Spider, you bloody cheat!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGORUVulGP6IVtIQGTOBm

8 minutes ago, Spider said:

Well now

As you know, I work in UK manufacturing. I am much closer to it than some desk jockey in London spouting off on Twitter.

So you'll understand that my very livelihood depends on its success.

The figures are great, but they are a direct consequence - as Esco correctly pointed out - of our crawl out of Covid. A crawl helped in no small part by a superb vaccination programme.

I'm merely guiding these figures away from any suggestion of a Brexit impact, because I promise you we are a long way from any advantages of that yet. They may come. They may not.

Listen lad, I know exactly what it is a result of, read the earlier posts, no one is citing fuck all to do with Brexit.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Listen lad, I know exactly what it is a result of, read the earlier posts, no one is citing fuck all to do with Brexit.

:wub:

Anyway - here's the runners and riders for this week's local elections:

https://candidates.democracyclub.org.uk/elections/local.bolton.horwich-north-east.2021-05-06/sopn/?utm_source=who&utm_campaign=ynr_cta

20 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

ha ha - Vote Watch? Come on you can do better than that.

Anymore tinfoil wordpress sites.

I mean this place accuses Kussenberg of being anti Boris and the far left accuses her of being pro-Tory.

Which explains it all really. You'll be quoting Order Order next.