Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics


miamiwhite

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Spider said:

Some folk go to church every Sunday convinced that an invisible man in the clouds will make their lives better.

Some folk kneel before a football match convinced it will end racism.

None of this affects me in any way.

Leave them to it.

Both are gullible 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

Both are gullible 

Just doesn’t wind me up.

There was a bloke used to show up at Burnden saying the end was nigh.

Unless he was referring to Roy McFarland, he was wrong.

But it didn’t get in the way of anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, royal white said:

So he’s right then. Players over here didn’t think about taking the Knee till GF was killed. 

I was wondering when the next triggered gammon would make an appearance ♥️ It is curious that you guys keep feeling the need to bring it up. 

You really need to go back and read pal

 Black sports people have been making statements about equality for way over 100 years. The knee started in the NFL and could even be traced back earlier. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I was wondering when the next triggered gammon would make an appearance ♥️ It is curious that you guys keep feeling the need to bring it up. 

You really need to go back and read pal

 Black sports people have been making statements about equality for way over 100 years. The knee started in the NFL and could even be traced back earlier. 

“The knee started in NFL and could even be traced back earlier” 

Makes absolutely no sense.

Yes we know Americans took the knee, amazing, so brave. We also know why a tiny minority of footballers took the knee, it was GF and BLM. You can argue as much as you like but when organisations, clubs and players come out and said that was the reason they you’re really fighting a losing cause.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, royal white said:

“The knee started in NFL and could even be traced back earlier” 

Makes absolutely no sense.

Yes we know Americans took the knee, amazing, so brave. We also know why a tiny minority of footballers took the knee, it was GF and BLM. You can argue as much as you like but when organisations, clubs and players come out and said that was the reason they you’re really fighting a losing cause.

I’m not trying to fight any cause. 

I’ve never denied the role of GFs murder in all this 😂 Can you point to where I have? If not we can all just assume you’re making shit up again.

I was only disagreeing with the statement Mounts made that nobody over here had even thought about it when there had already been a huge NFL vs Trump news story before BLM.

 Even after all this time, it’s still baffling how triggered you all get about it. As if nobody had any right to be angered by the murder, as if there was no context behind any of it… Now the argument seems to be that racism still exists therefore it didn’t work. You don’t see many arguments more clueless than that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I’m not trying to fight any cause. 

I’ve never denied the role of GFs murder in all this 😂 Can you point to where I have? If not we can all just assume you’re making shit up again.

I was only disagreeing with the statement Mounts made that nobody over here had even thought about it when there had already been a huge NFL vs Trump news story before BLM.

 Even after all this time, it’s still baffling how triggered you all get about it. As if nobody had any right to be angered by the murder, as if there was no context behind any of it… Now the argument seems to be that racism still exists therefore it didn’t work. You don’t see many arguments more clueless than that.

Again you’re making yourself look a bit of a tit. If people had thought about it over here years ago then why was nothing done then? 
 

Some people think it was started because of racism in sport. Most know that’s bollocks. which is what @Mounts Kipperis pointing out. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, royal white said:

Again you’re making yourself look a bit of a tit. If people had thought about it over here years ago then why was nothing done then? 
 

Some people think it was started because of racism in sport. Most know that’s bollocks. which is what @Mounts Kipperis pointing out. 
 

So you were making stuff up then 👍 thanks for clarifying. 

I said the debate already existed

Clearly the  murder of GF was a catalyst. 
 

By some people you clearly mean the voices you argue with in your head 😂

 

Edited by London Wanderer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

So you were making stuff up then 👍 thanks for clarifying. 

I said the debate already existed

Clearly the  murder of GF was a catalyst. 
 

By some people you clearly mean the voices you argue with in your head 😂

 

No the people who on here who have clearly stated the knee was due to racism in sport. It usually helps to read comments before making an even bigger tit of yourself 😂😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, royal white said:

No the people who on here who have clearly stated the knee was due to racism in sport. It usually helps to read comments before making an even bigger tit of yourself 😂😉

You’ve missed the point that it’s all connected then? Sport, society - all part of the same world where people live and experience things 😂

More Whataboutery incoming about how right my fwend Mounts was and that the rest of us need to go back and read😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

You’ve missed the point that it’s all connected then? Sport, society - all part of the same world where people live and experience things 😂

More Whataboutery incoming about how right my fwend Mounts was and that the rest of us need to go back and read😂

I think it’s you who needs to read. You’ve got yourself in a right pickle here. Hard day in the class room? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, royal white said:

I think it’s you who needs to read. You’ve got yourself in a right pickle here. Hard day in the class room? 

You’ve already said that I need to read love.

Right after you claimed I’d said something I hadn’t and couldn’t show an example. 😂😂
 

Now you’ve started speaking for Mounts which was very nice of you to try. But we all know that neither of you are really able to grasp the complexity of how racism manifests and the kind of events that trigger it. 

Edited by London Wanderer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

The Black Lives Matter movement was a thing before George Floyd's death, his murder was the catalyst for a lot of black folk all over the world to say enough is enough we need to make a stand (or take a knee) now.

I don’t even think RW knows what he’s arguing about anymore. He has a habit of losing himself then telling everyone else they need to read. 
 

The argument now seems to be that racism still exists so it was pointless for the players to take a stand in the first place. Which is a proper ridiculous argument. 
 

When that doesn’t work they tend to go off on one about how GF took drugs and is a criminal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

You’ve already said that I need to read love.

Right after you claimed I’d said something I hadn’t and couldn’t show an example. 😂😂
 

Now you’ve started speaking for Mounts which was very nice of you to try. But we all know that neither of you are really able to grasp the complexity of how racism manifests and the kind of events that trigger it. 

You started to call mounts a tit because he said the knee was taken up because of GF. 
 

Literally a few posts later you never denied GF role in this. 
 

You’ve also said it was started by the NFL but can be seen before this (whatever the fuck that means) then brought Trump into it.

 

Surely you can’t get this pissed so soon after school? Are you ok? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

The Black Lives Matter movement was a thing before George Floyd's death, his murder was the catalyst for a lot of black folk all over the world to say enough is enough we need to make a stand (or take a knee) now.

*a tiny minority. 
 

fixed it for you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, royal white said:

*a tiny minority. 
 

fixed it for you 

When our players were doing it last season, why do you think they were doing it?

Do you think it was for George Floyd, in support of the Black Lives Matter movement ... or as a show against racism?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, DazBob said:

When our players were doing it last season, why do you think they were doing it?

Do you think it was for George Floyd, in support of the Black Lives Matter movement ... or as a show against racism?

They were carrying out some last minute stretches, due to the above average number of muscle injuries suffered at the hands of Evatt’s overly intense training regime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.