Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Some of these Tory MPs not wanting no deal won't actually back a vote of no confidence. The reporters have made that comment quite a bit.

Depends if they really are prepared to toss away their careers I suppose.

I agree, there will be a lot of soul searching going on but it may not need 30. Reports suggest there are 18 Labour MPs that voted against the labour whip in the last vote so it will be close. An interesting development today in parliament with the Northern Ireland bill which could be a way of avoiding a prorouge

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

I agree, there will be a lot of soul searching going on but it may not need 30. Reports suggest there are 18 Labour MPs that voted against the labour whip in the last vote so it will be close. An interesting development today in parliament with the Northern Ireland bill which could be a way of avoiding a prorouge

Greive’s latest attempt has failed

25 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Boris wont

You would think/hope not, I'm glad you've got 100% trust in him doing what he's said he'll do (provided he get's the job of course)

You did post several hundred pages back that we were definitely leaving in March as well, and nothing would stop that..................hopefully you'll be right this time, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

You would think/hope not, I'm glad you've got 100% trust in him doing what he's said he'll do (provided he get's the job of course)

You did post several hundred pages back that we were definitely leaving in March as well, and nothing would stop that..................hopefully you'll be right this time, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Your right, I don’t know any more than anyone else, so far it’s been very  unpredictable but Democracy must prevail, eventually 

5 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

How do you see it panning out

Some suggest that an early vote of no confidence if Johnson gets the job will take his wind but probably they will allow him some slack to see if he is serious about a re-negotiation of the deal. If a new deal looks unlikely or Johnson pays lip service to re-negotiation then the rebels will strike. 

38 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

You’re pretty dandy at posting links in your apparent favour mate, but pretty crap at answering facts from my links.

Care to comment on :

1 - the exceptional occurrences clause

2 - Andrew Neil’s brilliant clip from the other night.

Thanks in advance, but breath not held.

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

Some suggest that an early vote of no confidence if Johnson gets the job will take his wind but probably they will allow him some slack to see if he is serious about a re-negotiation of the deal. If a new deal looks unlikely or Johnson pays lip service to re-negotiation then the rebels will strike. 

If a new FTA looks unlikely, because the EU won’t play ball, and the traitors look likely to move, I think he will be justified to Prorogue

35 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

With a gvt majority of 3 or 4 (by election pending) it will be close but certainly a possibility

But they need a 2/3rds majority to call a GE, surprised you didn’t know that, really

23 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Boris has the ultimate weapon, Prorogue

A new PM with a up for it Cabinet should see off any treachery 

Prorogue isn’t needed

It isn’t our law, it is EU law, that says we leave on 31.10.19.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Prorogue isn’t needed

And it was EU law that said we were leaving on 29th of March.... 

22 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Prorogue isn’t needed

And for Johnson to use that option would be political suicide in my opinion. A vote of no confidence will be the most probable way of stopping No Deal because i don't believe Johnson will be serious about a re-negotiation and the EU will not re-open them anyway

Edited by Salford Trotter

31 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

You’re pretty dandy at posting links in your apparent favour mate, but pretty crap at answering facts from my links.

Care to comment on :

1 - the exceptional occurrences clause

2 - Andrew Neil’s brilliant clip from the other night.

Thanks in advance, but breath not held.

The word 'exceptional' gives you a good idea that it would highly unlikely it will ever be used and the circumstances are very different now. 

I didn't see it but Andrew Neil is an excellent interviewer and he has made supporters on both sides look rather silly and no doubt he did again. 

As for links supporting my case when was the last time you posted a link that didn't support your position? 😂😂

Edited by Salford Trotter

14 minutes ago, Cheese said:

And it was EU law that said we were leaving on 29th of March.... 

Sure and Theresa asked for an extension.

I can’t see Boris doing that (fingers crossed)

15 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

The word 'exceptional' gives you a good idea that it would highly unlikely it will ever be used and the circumstances are very different now. 

I didn't see it but Andrew Neil is an excellent interviewer and he has made supporters on both sides look rather silly and no doubt he did again. 

As for links supporting my case when was the last time you posted a link that didn't support your position? 😂😂

Never :D

As for the clause,  yes the circumstances are really different now aren’t they ? The EU is struggling, several countries entering recession, more bailouts on the way....what’s not to like about the EU eh ?

Take those rose tinted EU sponsored specs of yours off matey, there’s a huge world with so much to offer out there, embrace it with a smile and optimism.

Didn’t see the clip ? Amazing....only clip you don’t see is when Mr Neil mocks the EU’s new nominations....quell surprise.

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Never :D

As for the clause,  yes the circumstances are really different now aren’t they ? The EU is struggling, several countries entering recession, more bailouts on the way....what’s not to like about the EU eh ?

Take those rose tinted EU sponsored specs of yours off matey, there’s a huge world with so much to offer out there, embrace it with a smile and optimism.

Didn’t see the clip ? Amazing....only clip you don’t see is when Mr Neil mocks the EU’s new nominations....quell surprise.

Well the biggest EU bailout ever was the Greece one (110b euros iirc) and we didn't get asked for a penny in contribution so if that was not 'exceptional' god knows what is

My specs are perfectly okay thanks and as for the future, if we get an acceptable deal, of course I have my fingers firmly crossed for those lucrative deals flooding in...like you said I won't be holding my breath😀

Neil has taken apart pretty much every notable politician and so called 'experts' on every topic known to man, I particularly like this one🤣

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/james-dellingpole-rinsed-after-stuttering-through-bbc-interview-talking-brexit-1-5866045  

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Sure and Theresa asked for an extension.

I can’t see Boris doing that (fingers crossed)

Oh yeah, I've already apologised in advance for laughing at you when he does.