Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wheres Smiffs And His Gas Chamber?

barryk32

• Moderators

Have we not progressed as a civilisation by now ffs??

Fuckin wolf whistling?

All about seagulling and upskirt shots nowadays you heathens.

'upskirting'

there was some girl on radio the other day getting big backing from some law firm to get a change in the law

apparently, its not illegal

Its ridiculous to lump something like "wolf-whistling" in with upskirting. I mean upskirting is absolutely something that should be a crime or hate crime or whatever. It is disgusting.

Wolf-whistling is harmless and whilst I imagine it does intimidate some women, its all about context, simply doing it, cannot be a crime - though doing it and other things may be. 

If you wear a skirt like that you're just asking for it  :D

Wolf whistling a hate crime though . . . childish, aye, but hateful?  Hmmm.  At best, possibly intimidating in some situations.  I think Bolty nails it with attention seeker

An ex of mine, who had a tidy arse, used to complain of being whistled at when she went past some builders every morning.  Whilst not being overly happy about it I half joked that she'd miss it if they stopped.  One day they did, and to her credit she admitted it made her feel a little less 'sexy' that day.

Individual case, sure, and she wasn't English; but I'd bet a lot of lasses actually like the attention but don't feel they can admit it.  In some cultures, like Italy, birds think you're queer if you don't have a perv!

Edited by madthatter

If you wear a skirt like that you're just asking for it  :D

Wolf whistling a hate crime though . . . childish, aye, but hateful?  Hmmm.  At best, possibly intimidating in some situations.  I think Bolty nails it with attention seeker

An ex of mine, who had a tidy arse, used to complain of being whistled at when she went past some builders every morning.  Whilst not being overly happy about it I half joked that she'd miss it if they stopped.  One day they did, and to her credit she admitted it made her feel a little less 'sexy' that day.

Individual case, sure, and she wasn't English; but I'd bet a lot of lasses actually like the attention but don't feel they can admit it.  In some cultures, like Italy, birds think you're queer if you don't have a perv!

How about if gay builders wolf-whistled and cat called at you? Would it make you feel more sexy?

In all honesty I don't think it would for me. I'd probably be quite intimidated if I was on my own and a bunch of gay builders were whistling and making lewd comments.

Different for everyone like and I agree in itself it isn't a crime.

Upskirting should absolutely be though. 

Kent, do you concede that some, albeit a small percentage, might actually like an expression of appreciation such as this or have they all turned into militant man haters?

Yeah absolutely - but I also realise that the overwhelming percentage might see it another way. So even if I was inclined to wolf whistle someone - I wouldn't anyway.

Consign it to the history books with non conscensual arse slapping for me.

Out of interest - is there anybody on here who would openly wolf whistle a stranger in the street?

How about if gay builders wolf-whistled and cat called at you? Would it make you feel more sexy?

In all honesty I don't think it would for me. I'd probably be quite intimidated if I was on my own and a bunch of gay builders were whistling and making lewd comments.

I'd find it inappropriate, as is any wolf whistle aimed at another adult.  If it was at a bar or in the village I'd see it very differently.

I wouldn't consider it a hate crime though, by itself.

I may, at the end of the day, think - yeah, still got it  :D

Edited by madthatter

• Site Supporter

Personally I've never done it. Doubt many wold if they weren't in a pack of other blokes.

That being said it isn't crime of the century.

Interesting that in that article the woman says it should be illegal for a bloke to follow a lady to chat her up if she doesn't want him to.

How completely stupid; how is she supposed to convey her willingness to be chatted up? By making overtures in some way; flirting or chatting the bloke up for example.

Stupid bitch needs to buy a fuckin fistmaster.

Personally I've never done it. Doubt many wold if they weren't in a pack of other blokes.

Interesting that in that article the woman says it should be illegal for a bloke to follow a lady to chat her up if she doesn't want him to.

How completely stupid; how is she supposed to convey her willingness to be chatted up? By making overtures in some way; flirting or chatting the bloke up for example.

I said about this, or similar, happening on the HW thread.

It's why folk need to be reasonable and not so quick to become offended and outraged all the time.

As a lady said a while back; part of the idea behind women's rights etc is that they become strong and independent.   I'm sure telling a fella that his advances are welcomed but to no avail isn't that hard for a big girl to do?

Also, would it then be illegal for a gay man, woman?  If not there's clearly a sexual/gender rights/inequality violation in the offing . . .

A gay hotel owner cups my balls on weekly basis and tries to stick his tongue in my ear.

All for £7.

Again, the problem with this is there are circumstances when that can be used to intimidate women. But you can't make all chatting up illegal. Its a contextual thing.

I think to acknowledge both sides of this there are genuinely women who have their lives made a misery by this sort of behaviour and do feel genuinely intimidated. I used to work with a young woman who was a real looker. But she had agoraphobia and therefore didn't have the confidence or social skills to deal with unwanted advances by blokes, especially if she was out walking home on her own etc...there was even a time where she ended up in A&E because she'd had a panic attack when some bloke had tried it on. He'd not done anything wrong, but hadn't read the signs and kept persisting and following her.

That's an extreme example, but not everyone has the confidence or character to deal with it equally, and you can see how it would be intimidating for someone like that to be shouted at by a group of 5/6 blokes as she walked by on her own.

Course it shouldn't be a crime but socially such things are becoming unacceptable and personally whilst I'm not all that bothered either way, its probably fair enough. 

• Members

Its ridiculous to lump something like "wolf-whistling" in with upskirting. I mean upskirting is absolutely something that should be a crime or hate crime or whatever. It is disgusting.

Wolf-whistling is harmless and whilst I imagine it does intimidate some women, its all about context, simply doing it, cannot be a crime - though doing it and other things may be. 

:rofl:  Fuck me - we have found the mainstay of WWays version of the Righteous Brothers.

Fuck knows how you would have handled the stuff on here before 2011. You'd have been apoplectic son.

The comment that 'upskirting' is disgusting ('hate crime' FFS!) makes me wonder if you weren't the oddball who couldn't bring himself to partake in a little cunnilingus but expected to receive the female to male equivalent from your partner? Maybe you are one of them male to male types?

• Site Supporter

How on earth can anyone know any advance is consensual before its made?

If your first advance is rejected then what- do nowt? How many relationships were started after a bit of a period of "wooing" for want of a better term.

Just removal of common sense this, yes if someone's advances are over the top and intimidating then the law is there to do something about it. If in that regard it needs strengthening then fine.

No law will ever stop people from making an approach to someone else.

How on earth can anyone know any advance is consensual before its made?

If your first advance is rejected then what- do nowt? How many relationships were started after a bit of a period of "wooing" for want of a better term.

Just removal of common sense this, yes if someone's advances are over the top and intimidating then the law is there to do something about it. If in that regard it needs strengthening then fine.

No law will ever stop people from making an approach to someone else.

I don’t know, but maybe taking a pic up a woman’s dress for your own pleasure without her knowledge isn’t a two way thing? Just guessing, but perhaps you could enlighten me as to why it is and why it’s ok?

• Site Supporter

I don’t know, but maybe taking a pic up a woman’s dress for your own pleasure without her knowledge isn’t a two way thing? Just guessing, but perhaps you could enlighten me as to why it is and why it’s ok?

No one said it was acceptable nob head.

We're talking about chatting folk up etc. Not such shit as that. Get a fucking grip.