Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tommy Robinson

royal white

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, leigh white said:

It's a lesson to learn that you don't step on the big brother's foot of the establishment, being a swivel eyed right wing loony, or a rabid left wing fanatic, it does not make any difference in this country now.

It's a lesson that you shouldn't go livestreaming defendants outside court whilst giving a full commentary, during a trial on which you know there are reporting restrictions. Simple as that. 

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It's a lesson that you shouldn't go livestreaming defendants outside court whilst giving a full commentary, during a trial on which you know there are reporting restrictions. Simple as that. 

I fully agree, if those grooming gangs would've got away with it through some dimwit messing the trial up.

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

A professor living in Cowpe  ?  It was the most inbred place i ever worked at , and it was up against some pretty tough opposition in Rossendale.:)

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Yes. He didn't stand outside the court accosting defendants while broadcasting it all live on the Internet, knowing that there were reporting restrictions. There are massive differences, that aren't hard to see. 

Edited by Cheese

34 minutes ago, leigh white said:

A professor living in Cowpe  ?  It was the most inbred place i ever worked at , and it was up against some pretty tough opposition in Rossendale.:)

I thought it said Cowpie at first, expected Desperate Dan to turn up :D

• Members
12 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Seems like a fair punishment to me

I doubt it will stop him hate preaching long term but should shut him up for a while

All 'the establishment' really wanted. Desperately trying to save face after turning a blind eye to atrocities in the name of political correctness.

• Members
9 hours ago, kent_white said:

I agree there are a hell of a lot worse walking the streets. They're not on telly every day though or sticking themselves in the limelight. TR is - so we talk about him.

He's also a useful reference point for the lens you view the world through. He's divisive - so he's interesting to talk about. It doesn't mean anybody thinks he's more deserving of prison time than a nonce though.

And I'm not happy or sad that TR has been jailed. I'm certainly not gloating about it. I'm pleased that justice has taken its course and we've not been cowed by populism. Which would be just as dangerous as being cowed by political correctness has proved to be. In my eyes anyway!

Fair play. A voice of reason as usual (well, most of the time!).

• Moderators
3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

All 'the establishment' really wanted. Desperately trying to save face after turning a blind eye to atrocities in the name of political correctness.

I'm amazed you didn't know any of this was going on until TR showed up, it was all over the news over here 

TR knew there was a good chance he'd be arrested when he turned up "reporting" the case at court.

He also knew he most likely get banged up if found guilty.

That makes him a bit of a thick cunt imo.

Anyone know where he's serving his time? I seem to recall him being moved to Leicester last time he was incarcerated, which was highly dangerous for him considering the amount of fundamentalists locked up there.

There's a fair chance TR could come to some serious harm if he is in Leicester, but i guess that's the reason the government put him there - they want him quietening....permanently.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

TR knew there was a good chance he'd be arrested when he turned up "reporting" the case at court.

He asked where the court boundaries where.  He was told he was fine where he was.  He was then arrested for contempt of court for recording within the court boundaries (he was actually arrested for breach of the peace but hey ho).

He might be a bit of a fuckwit but the entire thing stinks.

Edited by barryk32

8 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

He asked where the court boundaries where.  He was told he was fine where he was.  He was then arrested for contempt of court for recording within the court boundaries (he was actually arrested for breach of the peace but hey ho).

He might be a bit of a fuckwit but the entire thing stinks.

Contempt of court has nothing to do with the building. He could have live streamed the names and addresses of the accused from the comfort of his own paid for by gullible fuckwits shitter and still be in contempt of court

14 minutes ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

Belmarsh.  There's a lot of misinfornation on here as to what offences TR was charged

No cushy Forest Bank type gaff for TR then!

Belmarsh will be a tough gig for him, there will be folk who'd love to get their hands on him in there.

Mr Big in the showers will be the least of his worries.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

Belmarsh.  There's a lot of misinfornation on here as to what offences TR was charged

aye, from May:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tommy-robinson-jailed-contempt-court-facebook-live-video-stephen-yaxley-lennon-a8374121.html

"A judge initially banned media reports of contempt proceedings against Robinson over fears it could affect the ongoing trial, but lifted the order on Tuesday after hearing submissions that members of the public and foreign media outlets were publishing inaccurate information."

43 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

part of the reason he was found guilty was his account of what happened kept changing, though I'm not sure it matters where you report from when there is a reporting restriction in place

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tommy-robinson-court-case-facebook-live-video-judge-latest-a8996626.html

They noted Robinson had stated “there is a reporting restriction on this case” during his Facebook live video, but later claimed to be unaware of the terms as his account “developed and changed” through successive court hearings.

Judges said he did not claim to have asked court staff about the ban until a witness statement on 22 October – five months after being jailed – forcing the Old Bailey judge who had been due to hear the case to refer it to the attorney general for evidential investigation.

“The version of events the respondent [Robinson] has now put before us is more elaborate still, adding significant details that were not mentioned before,” the High Court judgement said, detailing new claims that Robinson’s assistant checked the court door and screens for a reporting restriction notice.

But judges said there was “no opportunity for the respondent’s colleague to do these things before the livestreaming began” at 8.32am because the court building was not open to the public. “The account he now gives is not credible,” the judgment said. “We are entirely satisfied that the respondent had actual knowledge that there was an order in force restricting reporting of the trial.”

Judges criticised Leeds Crown Court staff for failing to display the order on a court noticeboard, door or screens, but said Robinson was “reckless” for not following a security guard’s advice to check with clerks.

and that article demonstrates why he shouldn't be there in the first place:

Tommy Robinson caused a Huddersfield grooming gang member to appeal his rape conviction, it has been revealed.

Faisal Nadeem, nicknamed “Chiller”, argued his trial had been prejudiced by Robinson’s Facebook live video outside Leeds Crown Court and the protests that followed his imprisonment.

Nadeem, 32, had been jailed for 12 years for rape and supplying class A drugs in the second of three linked trials covered by a blanket reporting restriction. 

A Court of Appeal judge refused Nadeem permission to appeal in November after his lawyer attempted to have the jury discharged over Robinson’s video.

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Anyone know where he's serving his time? I seem to recall him being moved to Leicester last time he was incarcerated, which was highly dangerous for him considering the amount of fundamentalists locked up there.

There's a fair chance TR could come to some serious harm if he is in Leicester, but i guess that's the reason the government put him there - they want him quietening....permanently.

BOGOF on 20m rolls of Bacofoil at Morrisons this weekend, if you're in a generous mood you could give the 'free' one to Barry...

On 12/07/2019 at 09:02, Burndens Bogs said:

I’d guess that the last thing they’d want is TR hurt permanently as it would cause a shit storm?

If TR ran in court swinging a pool ball round his head in a sock shouting 'You filthy muslim rapists you know you did it' then he cound have collapsed the trial

However, 4 of the defendants solicitors asked for a retrial, Judge Marson reviewed the full footage of TR's video outside Leeds Crown Court with the CPS and both decided that nothing TR said or did could have predudiced the trial.

Faisal Nadeemed nicknamed 'The Chiller' appealed to the high court claiming his trial had been prejudiced by Robinson’s Facebook live video outside Leeds Crown Court and the protests that followed his imprisonment. He was jailed for 12 years for rape and supplying class A drugs.

The high court ruled there was no prejudice from TR's video and threw the appeal out

So lets stop this cudda/wudda/shudda made up stories, two judges have already ruled the TR's actions coundn't have caused the trial to collapse.

I think it was the Social Worker's headlines on Friday that said 'Far Right Fascist Tommy Robinson Jailed for Nearly Causing Grooming Gang Trail to Collapse' utter horseshit and they know it but it doesn't stop them from printing lies

Edited by Widnes Two Hats