Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pne Away

burnden

Anyone calling parky today must be mental.

We were behind because of a dodgy wildshut pass and a wonderful goal.

Great spirit to come back from that .

I do have an issue with only some players wanting to push for a winner and others settling for a point though.

Easy to say that now.

If ameobi doesn’t score from 30 yards your point ends immediately.

If our plan is rely on wonder goals then carry on

How good us was the Everton lad, superb, take a bow son.

Thought the pole was a different class and oneill considering he is 35 was immense.

On balance, could have won as a mistake and a worldly was all they had.

Second half we dominated, but could we have pressed for the winner?

2-0 down though, and to draw - great effort all round.

Yawn

You know the point stands. You know it. But the current ‘cool’ thing is to support Parkinson.

The pissed up lot call Parkinson. So it’s easy to be an opponent to that. And be the educated one.

The problem is we can’t compare our current set against a manager with a clue.

Would we be better with some one who stops centre backs launching it for no reason? Who knows ?

Maybe wheater and beevers wouldn’t throw themselves infront of a goal bound shot for someone else?

We’ll never know as we somehow drag through playing crap football

Edited by Eavesy

• Moderators

You know the point stands. You know it. But the current ‘cool’ thing is to support Parkinson.

The pissed up lot call Parkinson. So it’s easy to be an opponent to that. And be the educated one.

Would we be better with some one who stops centre backs launching it for no reason? Who knows ?

Maybe wheater and beevers wouldn’t throw themselves infront of a goal bound shot for someone else?

Some deep stuff, tbere

Lots of it's and maybes

Parky is the best thing about our club.

Those who continually moan and whinge in my view aren’t Bolton Wanderers. Just cunts who want us to fail.

We can compare how ‘football types’ Owen Coyle and Neil Lennon did here. Sack Parky and we could go through another 5 or 6 to find someone as good.

Also anyone who thinks we don’t play football clearly hasn’t been today.

I’m pissed up (still in Wigan Central, in fact) and will back Parky to the hilt if we’re setting up to come back from 2-0 down away from a play off side. COYWM

Parky is the best thing about our club.

Those who continually moan and whinge in my view aren’t Bolton Wanderers. Just cunts who want us to fail.

We can compare how ‘football types’ Owen Coyle and Neil Lennon did here. Sack Parky and we could go through another 5 or 6 to find someone as good.

Also anyone who thinks we don’t play football clearly hasn’t been today.

ha ha you fool those cunts probably been to more games than you have had hot dinners don’t chat

ha ha you fool those cunts probably been to more games than you have had hot dinners don’t chat

Have they fuck. Probably the ones who leave when we go 2 down. Bunch of worthless, clueless whiners.

Exemplified perfectly by the posts on here mid game. Rest of us are enjoying a great day out and a superb start to the season. They are miserable because they can’t say ‘told you so’.

Have they fuck. Probably the ones who leave when we go 2 down. Bunch of worthless, clueless whiners.

Exemplified perfectly by the posts on here mid game. Rest of us are enjoying a great day out and a superb start to the season. They are miserable because they can’t say ‘told you so’.

do you go away games, been told you don’t put miles in

Parky knows like we all do that it's a results business and he's entitled to employ whichever methods and style of play he reckons will get him the results that will keep him in a job in what is such a precarious form of employment.

It still isn't pretty at times but it's becoming more effective and there have been flashes and little spells of better quality in possession. Steady evolution.

Parky had a very limited squad last year and worked under extremely difficult conditions. KA has tried to back him within sensible and reasonable bounds this season and we have a stronger squad, with some genuine options from the bench rather than just fillers.

11 points at this stage is a great return. If, say, we had 15 from 10, 30 from 20, second half of season might see us having the confidence to keep hold of the ball a bit more and play our way through to making chances. If we do, we might get a bit less fatigued than we were last 10 games or so last season and have a more comfortable run-in.

What I'd like to see is our supporters at home having a bit more patience. It wasn't great last week but some of the negative reaction I heard when we were two down was well over the top, as if they were watching a team who hadn't won a game all season and were in a terrible rut.

Are we a better team than last year ?

Was that team better than the one the year before ?

Was the team that promoted better than the one that got relegated?

Has this been done for a pocketful of marbles whilst cutting running costs.

The job Parky has done has been incredible that is why people support him.

I know those who do not support are genuine fans and want what is best for the club, just not sure what their expectations are. I did not go today but we seem to have a team pulling in same direction and showing some pride in the club. If you had say the day we got relegated we would be back to where we are despite selling our ‘star’ players and having virtually no transfer I would have taken it.

I know those who do not support are genuine fans and want what is best for the club, just not sure what their expectations are. I did not go today but we seem to have a team pulling in same direction and showing some pride in the club. If you had say the day we got relegated we would be back to where we are despite selling our ‘star’ players and having virtually no transfer I would have taken it.

Great post

Absolutely spot on

In the last 10 or so years we have seen much better football than this week in week out. However under whichever manager and with whoever players the spirit had been ripped out of the club.

They were embarrassing, we were embarrassed. The club was dead.

Now Parkinson can be criticised at times for his style of play but what he cannot be criticised for is since walking through the door he has somehow managed to get these waifs and strays he has picked up to fight for the cause, battle but most of all show pride for the shirt

Yes there are times when there will be a poor Performance or be on the end of a bit of a spanking because if these players are even 5% off top performance they get found out but overall the manager and these players are giving us the fight, the passion, the will to grind out results. Ultimately making us proud of the team again

There is definite improvement in the way we are trying to play compared to last year and there is clearly an improvement on results because of that

Long may it continue

• Site Supporter

So 5 lucky games and 1 where we got what we deserved?

You utter plum