Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Raheem Sterling

bolty58

They may be on to something.

The lad is brilliant, proved all the time.

He wasnt even bad at the world cup, and anyone who thinks he was I really doubt they really know football.

I think there is a witch hunt out for him. Racist or not I don't know?

He gets a lot of stick off the journos though which in my opinion is out of order.

He got hammered one week for a lavish holiday then the next for being a 120k footballer shopping in primark.

I also thought he had a decent World Cup and is a player that will get better in time

I also thought he had a decent World Cup and is a player that will get better in time

His pace reminds me of you in your pomp mate, clearly you finish 95% of the time, and he doesn't though, that's the big difference

• Moderators

thing about the Kick It Out campaign is that unless they point out there is racism in football, they are redundant

they call it "shameful silence", but it's probably that most people didn't think it was racist or merited discussion

Sterling has said he's not bothered by the tabloid coverage he gets

so why do they suggest it's a racist campaign that will drive him out the country? because if they don't, they don't have a "job"

It’s nowt to do with sterling’s race it’s his all round demeanour - comes across like a pampered mard arse with a fanny boys run and forced his move to city for the till ....... it’s just easy to dislike him like it is Ramos Panto villain who happens to be black.

And trophies....

But why was he not hated when he was playing for Liverpool ??/ after all...he pushed for a move to them from QPR ???

I think there is a witch hunt out for him. Racist or not I don't know?

He gets a lot of stick off the journos though which in my opinion is out of order.

He got hammered one week for a lavish holiday then the next for being a 120k footballer shopping in primark.

Agree with all of that

Only time I’ve had an issue with him was him and his agent’s behaviour at the end of his Liverpool spell. He was very badly advised and came across like a cock

Found myself defending him over and again during the WC to those once every 4 years football fans who saw him miss a chance and were too thick to appreciate all he did for us.

Not a fan of Hamilton as I’m not a fan of F1 because it’s dogshit. If I say it’s white dogshit I assume that makes it a nob-racist feeling

thing about the Kick It Out campaign is that unless they point out there is racism in football, they are redundant

they call it "shameful silence", but it's probably that most people didn't think it was racist or merited discussion

Sterling has said he's not bothered by the tabloid coverage he gets

so why do they suggest it's a racist campaign that will drive him out the country? because if they don't, they don't have a "job"

There are two people who have suggested the hatred is racist (at least publicly) - Ian Wright and the head of "Kick It Out"... and both of them are black.

I've always maintained that racism will just go away if you stop talking about it. If people keep bringing it up, then it will continue to be a thing.

There are certainly other areas that need far more attention than Sterling's press coverage.

• Members

Sterling gets a hard time. Thought he played well at the world cup although he was frustrating at times. I can't stand Hamilton though, seems an obnoxious arrogant twat. Does that qualify me as racist?

No.

I like both of them. Decent human beings from what I have seen.

Hamilton is a driving genius who delivers. Sterling IMO is a potential footballing genius who delivers for his club but not for his country on what I have seen so far.

If he does start to produce club form for country, I would be absolutely delighted for him.

There are two people who have suggested the hatred is racist (at least publicly) - Ian Wright and the head of "Kick It Out"... and both of them are black.

I've always maintained that racism will just go away if you stop talking about it. If people keep bringing it up, then it will continue to be a thing.

There are certainly other areas that need far more attention than Sterling's press coverage.

Remarkable : :lol::

Edited by deane koontz