Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

29 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Sounding like an embargo is going to be in place next season to make matters worse

I'd be massively surprised unless Ken's still here come next season... I know the EFL are inept, but that'd be like committing corporate manslaughter on the club, slapping that on and putting of any possible buyers... 

12 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

To be fair the Times article was an ill researched hatchet job on Anderson typical  myopic journalism which is both lazy & uninformative with the bad guy an easy target.

Anderson could be guilty of most things highlighted in the article but the writer has'nt discovered any of them. 

Pleased someone else noticed. Well done THO, its contributions like this that make WW worth the visit

If KA has been guilty of serious wrongdoings at BWFC, as Howard has sought to infer, he'll deserve to be punished for it and will get no support from me.

I  wish I was nearly as bright as Eddie Davies was yet the evidence, some of which Howard has helped uncover, seems to point to Eddie supporting Ken Anderson from the day Hilary Stonefrost walked into Court three years ago right up to the day Eddie died.

Would Eddie have done that if he had thought  KA the waste of space Dean Holdsworth seemed to be? I rather doubt he would even though Eddie had been between a rock and a hard place.

I'm beginning to think that the failure to secure the £3m loan before the later £5m loan was secured in September 2018 may have been a condition or understanding on which Eddie made the loan rather than an oversight on Ken's part. In other words, if it all went pear-shaped it would be Ken that would be picking up the tab for the £3m. As its now over six months ago, I'm unconvinced that Howard's anti-Ken briefing on this would hold sway today.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

@DLH Supposedly it's stated in the EFL rules if you haven't paid football creditors (the players) over a total 30 day period sanctions on the club will be taken. So I've got a feeling we don't have a leg to stand on. They won't want other clubs to follow our example. Look at Blackpool with there point deduction EFL don't give a shit what position the club is in

The way i see it -

Basran didn't have the funds.

Gaspard also don't have sufficient funds to take us forward.

Bessini was just a stunt by Ken to try and attract buyers.

Howards mob (If genuine) just seemed to lose interest due to Kens demands.

Leaving KA with "little option but to liquidate"

I really hope i'm wrong and that a mystery buyer with pots of money comes from nowhere and buys us, but i just can't see it somehow. 

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

The way i see it -

I really hope i'm wrong and that a mystery buyer with pots of money comes from nowhere and buys us, but i just can't see it somehow. 

dont believe all you read

3 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

@DLH Supposedly it's stated in the EFL rules if you haven't paid football creditors (the players) over a total 30 day period sanctions on the club will be taken. So I've got a feeling we don't have a leg to stand on. They won't want other clubs to follow our example. Look at Blackpool with there point deduction EFL don't give a shit what position the club is in

What points deduction was deferred wasn't it because they know that Oyston was a cnut and purposely pushed them into that situation? Or do you mean Birmingham? Deducted just enough to have no effect... 

If its upheld even the EFL know that it'd have a massive impact on any proposed takeover - more so than a points deduction, hitting league one and splashing the cash (if whoever gets us has any) could easily negate a 12 point penalty... Transfer embargo, with how many players we have left after we lose half the team who are out of contract is a lot less palatable if you have plans for success. 

@DLH Didn't it get deferred to next season due to cut off time with Blackpool? But an embargo can be placed at any time. You might be right till someone buy's the club they won't put anything on the club, but it's still a threat for the future which can put any sale on the club off. I really don't trust the EFL either in the way of thinking we have. My thinking is the same as yours how can a club survive it is means when 80% of our players are 1 year contracts till end of the season, just not possible.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

The way i see it -

as I undetstood it, if genuine, they were never dealing with KA, and were just waiting for the share recall, which got delayed in court till this week. 

so if genuine, they are still in the game, and shouldn't have lost interest given no one else has, as yet, bought the club.. becauase nowt has changed as they were concerned, based on what Howard told us, if geniune.

3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

as I undetstood it, if genuine, they were never dealing with KA, and were just waiting for the share recall, which got delayed in court till this week. 

so if genuine, they are still in the game, and shouldn't have lost interest given no one else has, as yet, bought the club.. becauase nowt has changed as they were concerned, based on what Howard told us, if geniune.

Today, allegedly...

But it could be the prisoner paradox and it may wait until tomorrow, or until thursday, or until Friday,  or next week...

But then it'll happen today...

if its happens at all...

38 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

The way i see it -

Ken's demands according to Howard's mob.

If they were really offering him £2m to walk away with the £8m Moonshift debt settled (no strings attached) wouldn't Ken have  been mad not to take it at that stage?

But doesn' it also seem a bit holier-than-thou for a representative of Bahraini billionaires, trying to take advantage of BWFC's misfortune, to call the owner of BWFC a greedy so and so, even if he is?

Edited by Chris Custodiet

12 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

quis custodiet ipsos custodes = Chris Custodiet = hardly a big play on words is it Ken.  Are you liquidating us today or not?

Congratulations 50% correct. You might have moved up in the class if Road Runner Fan hadn't got their first. Copying other kid's homework usually gets spotted.

52 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

If there's one thing you can be sure of with the EFL it's that they'll take whatever is the path of least resistance for them. Even when we've been in embargo before we've been able to sign players (shit ones, mind) by meeting some mythical criteria.

They're enablers, they won't boot us out of the league, make any effort to stop crooks buying/selling the club or leave us in an embargo when we'd have no chance of putting together a team.

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, DLH said:

Today, allegedly...

But it could be the prisoner paradox and it may wait until tomorrow, or until thursday, or until Friday,  or next week...

But then it'll happen today...

if its happens at all...

Well, that's that cleared up then!

41 minutes ago, Razaldo9 said:

What's stopping them completing?

17 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Exactly

Ken. He still needs to accept the offer...

I maybe in the minority, but I don't think Bassini was a plant, I think he's always been "genuine", and he was probably offering KA the best deal (both financially and reputation wise as he'd be less likely to flag any shit up), so KA has always wanted him from the moment he doffed his hard hat at KA's door. 

If they're not moving on the offer, then they'll not be completing until KA realises Bassini is a fraud and accepts. 

Edited by DLH

18 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Congratulations 50% correct. You might have moved up in the class if Road Runner Fan hadn't got their first. Copying other kid's homework usually gets spotted.

Didn't see the post you refer to.  At least I know a homophone when I see one though.

4 minutes ago, DLH said:

Ken. He still needs to accept the offer...

I maybe in the minority, but I don't think Bassini was a plant, I think he's always been "genuine", and he was probably offering KA the best deal (both financially and reputation wise as he'd be less likely to flag any shit up), so KA has always wanted him from the moment he doffed his hard hat at KA's door. 

If they're not moving on the offer, then they'll not be completing until KA realises Bassini is a fraud and accepts. 

Is that speculation or something you've been told?

5 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

Didn't see the post you refer to.  At least I know a homophone when I see one though.

OK, explanation accepted. RRF wrapped it up in translated English based on his work experience at Currys. It doesn't do to be too subtle on WW

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

What difference does it make? This is Wanderersways, not The Old Bailey.

Because saying you want the club and actually being in negotiations/ making an offer are quite different. It may be pointless to ask as it's an anonymous forum, but I just wanted to know if there was genuine interest.

Maybe if it came out someone else was actually negotiating, the media could give up with the 'Bassini is the only alternative to liquidation' story they're rolling out too.

6 minutes ago, Razaldo9 said:

Is that speculation or something you've been told?

Complete speculation...  The only ITK I do know is Ken's a cunt... A City based Investment Director told me that... he's a Bolton fan though, so maybe he was biased... He did however tell me about the prospectus that Howard kept mentioning, and what a work of fiction it was, and that he knew of people who had spoken to  KA about a possible takeover, and that they had all said.... he's a cunt.

2 minutes ago, Razaldo9 said:

Because saying you want the club and actually being in negotiations/ making an offer are quite different. It may be pointless to ask as it's an anonymous forum, but I just wanted to know if there was genuine interest.

Maybe if it came out someone else was actually negotiating, the media could give up with the 'Bassini is the only alternative to liquidation' story they're rolling out too.

Gaspard said they made an offer.... Ken said he said no.... Sources Bolton Evening News and Chairman Ken's Propaganda weekly... admittedly neither are the most reliable and would be unlikely to hold up if we were infront of the Old Bailey