Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

The fact we’ve got to Friday with still nothing further doesn’t sit well in my view.

Something just doesn’t quite feel right now. FV were said to be able to complete quickly because they knew the score and had clearance. At the same time these things do take time. But what slightly worries me is the word on Friday being ‘hold up just solicitors’. Now a week later there is some as yet unnamed reason as to why it hasn’t progressed. When people start saying ‘don’t worry it’s just legal delays’ then it morphs into something else that’s the point at which I just start to worry slightly. 

Pre season starts week after next. By that point we need a manager and coaching team and major work on squad and various other critical things like pitch and training ground development. It feels like a really serious bidder would want their feet under the door early next week because if it drags beyond that the risk is we are at point of no return for next seasons chances. 

Sick of the whole thing now. 

Wish they’d hurry up so we could become a normal football club that isn’t linked with stupid takeovers by that fucking donkey Dirk Kuyt. 

10 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The fact we’ve got to Friday with still nothing further doesn’t sit well in my view.

Something just doesn’t quite feel right now. FV were said to be able to complete quickly because they knew the score and had clearance. At the same time these things do take time. But what slightly worries me is the word on Friday being ‘hold up just solicitors’. Now a week later there is some as yet unnamed reason as to why it hasn’t progressed. When people start saying ‘don’t worry it’s just legal delays’ then it morphs into something else that’s the point at which I just start to worry slightly. 

Pre season starts week after next. By that point we need a manager and coaching team and major work on squad and various other critical things like pitch and training ground development. It feels like a really serious bidder would want their feet under the door early next week because if it drags beyond that the risk is we are at point of no return for next seasons chances. 

Add to that the fact FV have been in a similar position before and couldn't finalise the deal. Which we don't know the actual reason for. 

Any legal reasons you feel would be announced as the delay now though.

There's nothing we can do and it's all still speculation. Just hope it's cleared up soon, as you say we've got to throw a squad and preseason together.

12 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

FV never had the cash last time....the admins have possibly 'wrongly' fell for some glossy bid proposal from FV promising the earth - but it appears that its the same as their previous bid they simply don't have the cash when it comes down to it.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Jeebster said:

FV never had the cash last time....the admins have possibly 'wrongly' fell for some glossy bid proposal from FV promising the earth - but it appears that its the same as their previous bid they simply don't have the cash when it comes down to it.

What a load of fucking shit some people come out with. You don’t know, I don’t know.

Go and enjoy your Friday evening, have a drink, have two.

9 minutes ago, Steejay said:

What a load of fucking shit some people come out with. You don’t know, I don’t know.

Go and enjoy your Friday evening, have a drink, have two.

Is it really ?....lets wait & see

BTW I'll have several, thanks for the advice

Edited by Jeebster

23 minutes ago, Jeebster said:

Bit of a stretch to say they never had the cash. If it was as simple as that the administrators could move to the next on the list. 

21 minutes ago, Jeebster said:

Tit..

you may turn out to be right but at the moment you don’t know a thing just like the rest of us. So there is no point whatsoever in posting a statement like that when it is purely speculation on your part! 🤯

3 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

Tit..

you may turn out to be right but at the moment you don’t know a thing just like the rest of us. So there is no point whatsoever in posting a statement like that when it is purely speculation on your part! 🤯

Thanks Sarg….