Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, onlyoneawalker said:

To a football club yea - it’s like someone buying Boeing and then saying right I want to make baked goods

In fairness I'm sure a training ground might make for plenty of housing, and car park for a commercial venture.

I don't think it would happen though- maybe they would never get planning permission to do anything else with it.

Our fan base. Fuck me. Every fucker wanted KA out. It’s happening 

now it is happening people are now flapping about them either selling the ground from under us or Facebook turning us into the new Man City and if they don’t they’re cunts with motives that should be questioned 

honestly, fuck. My. Arse. What a rabble 

We seem to be in a better position than we were yesterday. Where everyone wanted us to be. Now fucking chill out 

Edited by barrycowdrill

1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

Our fan base. Fuck me. Every fucker wanted KA out. It’s happening 

now it is happening people are now flapping about them either selling the ground from under us or Facebook turning us into the new Man City and of they don’t they’re cunts

honestly, fuck. My. Arse. What a rabble 

We seem to be in a better position than we were yesterday. Where everyone wanted us to be. Now fucking chill out 

Spot on

But it is the hope that kills you and im quietly hopeful because yesterday i was despondent 

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

In fairness I'm sure a training ground might make for plenty of housing, and car park for a commercial venture.

I don't think it would happen though- maybe they would never get planning permission to do anything else with it.

£27m worth? I get the land thing but I’m sure when business people buy football clubs it’s MO will remain football 

3 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Not every fucker wanted KA out so don't claim that for people, what a lot of people want is an owner who has an unlimited amount of funds to spunk on a team in the hope of ending up in the PL.

I’m pretty sure everyone wanted a chairman who as a bare minimum could run the club with financial stability assured. That clearly isn’t Ken. So by default..

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, MickyD said:

How much of the infrastructure isn't protected by the Supporters Trust?

44 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

None of it is protected, they just get a chance to bid. If some proper cunt came in with good money we would have no ground. 

40 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Question was asked, no point hiding from the truthful answer.

So the ACV wasn't put in place to protect any sellable asset being cashed in? I must've misunderstood their reasoning then.

4 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

My mistake, forgot our previous chairman ran the club that way.

Well no he didn’t did he but that’s a different conversation.

And where we are today is totally different to that situation 

personally I wasn’t arsed about Ken. Whether he or anyone else was doing it. As long as the club was safeguarded as much as possible. Forgive me for speaking on behalf of the people again but I would assume that’s the case for the majority of supporters? As it became more obvious by the day KA wasn’t able to provide that we wanted someone in who could. No more no less 

Edited by barrycowdrill

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

So the ACV wasn't put in place to protect any sellable asset being cashed in? I must've misunderstood their reasoning then.

The acv only covers the ground and doesn't prevent it being sold for housing