Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Lots of clubs in the Championship have wealthy owners, no guarantees of success, but success at the moment for us, is a period of stability and re-building with a new manager in charge. BurndenWays on Twitter was going on about parading the championship trophy at the end of next season, I'm hoping that was tongue & cheek.

I'm also hoping it lifts the mood and bring some feel good factor back to our club, no matter what league we are in next season.

As for crowds, we ain't going to get 26k anytime soon, keeping this season's ST holders would be a priority at this stage.

Good point Mr g, yesterday was the best I've felt about the club for a long time and hopefully other people felt the same. I just hope that the consortium has a bit of money available and that we can maybe spend a bit of money on good young players that can improve with us and then sold on for good money which can be reinvested into the playing squad. First job should be removing parky and get back to playing some decent football, also tieing connell down to a deal would be a good move. 

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Stability costs money though. I'm not sure our fans would be happy with a new manager bumming around league one mid table mediocrity for a few seasons whilst we break even financially. 

Lots of people pretend that's what they want but the reality is different. 

Another good point the Anderson years will soon be forgotten, bumming around in league one while paying the tax bill on time won't go down well with most wanderers fans 

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UKCloud 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/growth-fund/bgf-helps-cloud-company-expand/

even throwaway stuff like "i worked as a sound engineer" in thomas's interview seem funny when you look at basrans investments on his own companies website 

https://www.thisismetropolis.com . 

the eidur thing on the Ten10 website , https://10tentalent.com/clients/legends/eidur-gudjohnsen .

funny if this gets us out the shite .. 

its like a series of "ballers"

It would be great if the takeover becomes some sort of watershed for the club and the supporters, a bit like it was for Portsmouth.

Let the manager manage and larger numbers turn out and get behind the side home and away. It may need a new manager, a new style of play and the pricing structure to be looked at but after the last 12 months it would be great if the takeover galvanised supporters old and new 

25 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The manager is very relevant. Watch out for the ST figures next season

If we are mid table in league one next season, stable financially, with a new manager, but losing as many as we win - do you think anyone will be happy? If you do then you are deluded. People want a new manager cos we lose most weeks. They don't dislike Parky - in fact I'd say as a manager, considering the results, he's easily the most popular here since Big Sam. 

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Stability costs money though. I'm not sure our fans would be happy with a new manager bumming around league one mid table mediocrity for a few seasons whilst we break even financially. 

Lots of people pretend that's what they want but the reality is different. 

Aye, they are much happier when we are the worst team in the championship with the lowest goals scored in all the leagues whilst still not managing to break even 

Fingers crossed breaking even won’t be an issue under the new owners 

12 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If we are mid table in league one next season, stable financially, with a new manager, but losing as many as we win - do you think anyone will be happy? If you do then you are deluded. People want a new manager cos we lose most weeks. They don't dislike Parky - in fact I'd say as a manager, considering the results, he's easily the most popular here since Big Sam. 

What ???

People do not dislike Parky ? have you read some of the comments on here ?

1 minute ago, Ani said:

What ???

People do not dislike Parky ? have you read some of the comments on here ?

Online minority. People in the ground - they may dislike his football or the results - but they don't dislike him as a bloke. He's no Megson. I think most appreciate what he's done for us. I've not once at any home game heard anyone calling for his head......telling him to "sort it out" perhaps. 

27 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The competition since fat Sam isn't great

Tallest dwarf and all that 

Disliked maybe not but don't confuse that with popular 

Short memories.

We had people running towards him at burton away.

I’m more likely to buy a season ticket with a new manager bumming around in league 1 than I am with Parkinson in the championship.

Maybe that makes me a mentalist.

But I cannot take another season of Parkinson. Absolutely cannot watch this shite week in week out.

28 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

Short memories.

We had people running towards him at burton away.

I’m more likely to buy a season ticket with a new manager bumming around in league 1 than I am with Parkinson in the championship.

Maybe that makes me a mentalist.

But I cannot take another season of Parkinson. Absolutely cannot watch this shite week in week out.

I'm not doubting that - you buy a ST with a new manager in hope. But after a poor season in league one, with seeing us beat by shit sides sometimes and a lack of quality (because that's what mid table in league one amounts to) would you be more likely to buy another?

What I'm saying is that it isn't a simple case of new owners coming in and keeping us "stable" will suddenly fix everything. It will provide stability, but stability costs money still nowadays and I don't think after a few months our fans will be any happier. If the new owners are able to go beyond stability even just a bit - then we're talking something very different - and that is the hope.

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I dont dislike Parky as a person in fact i have met him once when we got promoted and he came across as a really nice bloke. But i hate the hopeless football so much ive stopped going. I can honestly say if he is here next season no way am i renewing my ST. He goes (along with shady as thats the only way it is happening) then i will renew whatever league we are in.

And im not the only one. These are diehards im talking about as well not tje any excuse not to come brigade.

Ps its not coz we.lose every week either its the way we lose.

12 minutes ago, snowball said:

I dont dislike Parky as a person in fact i have met him once when we got promoted and he came across as a really nice bloke. But i hate the hopeless football so much ive stopped going. I can honestly say if he is here next season no way am i renewing my ST. He goes (along with shady as thats the only way it is happening) then i will renew whatever league we are in.

And im not the only one. These are diehards im talking about as well not tje any excuse not to come brigade.

Ps its not coz we.lose every week either its the way we lose.

I'm not doubting that - I'm saying that if we're midtable in league one with a new manager there will be the same people or the same percentage of fans refusing to come...

Fans have said the same about every manager we've had since Sam - "I'm not coming back till he's gone". I'd bet given the drop in attendances towards the end of Sam's time that some were saying the same even then.

The idea that being a mediocre league one side will attract more fans just because Parkinson isn't here is a joke IMO. It absolutely won't. 

No one can like or dislike him as no fucker knows him on a personal level

has he handled himself well over his tenure? showed character, kept his counsel, not publicised his frustrations, kept the players on side etc? Course he has. It’s all very commendable. In a similar way Coyle acted during the Muamba situation. Albeit very different circumstances. No one can argue that 

on the other hand, we want to see a successful football team. However you gauge success changes but overall has he delivered that? No not really. That’s what people don’t like. 

I’d rather have a cunt who kept us safe than a fella you could go for a pint with who took us down any day of the week. I’m not after a good guy im after a good team 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I'm not doubting that - I'm saying that if we're midtable in league one with a new manager there will be the same people or the same percentage of fans refusing to come...

Fans have said the same about every manager we've had since Sam - "I'm not coming back till he's gone". I'd bet given the drop in attendances towards the end of Sam's time that some were saying the same even then.

The idea that being a mediocre league one side will attract more fans just because Parkinson isn't here is a joke IMO. It absolutely won't. 

It people with season tickets might actually start attending again though.

7 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

No one can like or dislike him as no fucker knows him on a personal level

has he handled himself well over his tenure? showed character, kept his counsel, not publicised his frustrations, kept the players on side etc? Course he has. It’s all very commendable. In a similar way Coyle acted during the Muamba situation. Albeit very different circumstances. No one can argue that 

on the other hand, we want to see a successful football team. However you gauge success changes but overall has he delivered that? No not really. That’s what people don’t like. 

I’d rather have a cunt who kept us safe than a fella you could go for a pint with who took us down any day of the week. I’m not after a good guy im after a good team 

People didn't like Megson , just saying.

And lets face it since those days we've been leaping from one disaster to the next, manager wise and with the cash flow issues it really is a fucking mess

7 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

It people with season tickets might actually start attending again though.

Exactly. Proper fans who dont just moan about anything are pissed off. The club is dying on its feet. We will always have the moaners but our season ticket sales will only hold up if parkinson and anderson go. Stop the rot then look at boosting the attendance. I dread to think what the numbers will be next season if takeover doesnt happen 

15 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

People didn't like Megson , just saying.

And lets face it since those days we've been leaping from one disaster to the next, manager wise and with the cash flow issues it really is a fucking mess

I think it's been far from a disaster with PP in charge. A disaster would have been finishing bottom half of league 1 and then getting relegated the season after.

It's not been the prettiest - but I've been celebrating on the pitch at the end of two consecutive seasons.