Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

He left because the system was going to be extended to team selection.

Warburton insisted that the manager must pick the team, a point on hich I fully concur.

That's not what he said when he left

Heyho, it's not that important

Ps he's not from Cheshire, is he?

2 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Surely if you're actually a venture capitalist then the only value in the deal is to buy it all, keep the hotel running, knock the rest down and sell it for development or car parking?

I fucking hope so. Then I can go watch Alty. Life would be so much simpler. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Surely if you're actually a venture capitalist then the only value in the deal is to buy it all, keep the hotel running, knock the rest down and sell it for development or car parking?

Well I’m glad someone has said it.

a few people need to understand the modus operandi of a venture capitalist before getting too carried away.

As for the people thinking Facebook are going to buy us a trophy, well I’m way past the point of being surprised.

Which is why some are glad there is a football side to it seemingly with Warburton's involvement. Who knows what they intend? But seeing as we clearly cant go on like we are with Anderson & Parky im hopeful otherwise like mr brown said might as well knock.it all down

Ken bought for a quid to flip it which he’s just about managed made commercial sense he took advantage of v dicy situation to make a couple quid - the new guys buying for £27m tells me they in it for longer term and therefore must have a 2-3 year plan at least with the cash to back it up - you can’t asset strip a football club nothing to strip that’s got any value to anything other than a football club

• Site Supporter
Just now, ErnestTurnip said:

Do you honestly think there's no value in the training ground and the ground and car parks

How much of the infrastructure isn't protected by the Supporters Trust?

17 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

I wouldn't. He may be wrong to comment (I don't think so) but he is a legend and he scored the last ever goal at Burnden Park god bless him

Maybe. But there come a point where your daftness outweighs your ‘legendness’. (Made up word I realise)