Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

I actually think there is something fishy going on, I'm not at all convinced we're at the beginning of a new dawn and I'm back to worrying that we're going to be left without a chair when the music stops.

To be finding fault with Marc Iles as a result of that though is just pointless, for me. He's said he's spoke to Bassini briefly a couple of times already, is very difficult to pin down at the moment and hopes to speak to him by the end of the week. I don't believe Iles, Dearden or anyone else is hiding some big secret - other than perhaps the same major doubts as everyone else has, which he's alluded to in his latest tweet.

Who knows, maybe Iles has learned not to nail his colours to the mast prematurely from now on. Might endear himself to a few on here, that?

27 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I actually think there is something fishy going on, I'm not at all convinced we're at the beginning of a new dawn and I'm back to worrying that we're going to be left without a chair when the music stops.

To be finding fault with Marc Iles as a result of that though is just pointless, for me. He's said he's spoke to Bassini briefly a couple of times already, is very difficult to pin down at the moment and hopes to speak to him by the end of the week. I don't believe Iles, Dearden or anyone else is hiding some big secret - other than perhaps the same major doubts as everyone else has, which he's alluded to in his latest tweet.

Who knows, maybe Iles has learned not to nail his colours to the mast prematurely from now on. Might endear himself to a few on here, that?

I guess you must have missed the forty-eight times I've mention already that I wasn't finding fault with Iles.

But don't you think it is strange?

I mean do you know of any other reporter at any other team not doing their utmost to get a few words with the new club owner?

Would any other reporter wait over a week to do so - whilst a whole shed full of other reporters at Talk Sport, Sky, The Telegraph and even our own Supporters Trust manage to chat with him, seemingly without bother (and in respect of the ST, at Mr Bassini's expressed invite!).

I know if I were in Iles shoes I'd be wanting to get a quote from him for the local paper of the team he's just bought - you know like "Howard, I know you're really busy but can you give us a few words for the fans of the club" - and I'd certainly expect my boss to be asking me where my 'copy' on Bassini was, and why is it still outstanding as it is now over a week since the takeover?

As I keep saying, it seems very odd to me - almost an unwillingness to even acknowledge a take over has even happened?

Is his apparent reluctance to speak indicative of him knowing far more than he's letting on, or a complete indifference to what has supposedly happened?

You'd think he be in his element - 'Hated club owner finally gone', 'Is new owner here to redeem himself or will it be more of the same', type thing -rather than him hanging back in the shadows letting the days pass him by.

There must be some reason to explain this, surely?

8 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Has a deal been done though?  What does it even mean?

To 'own' a limited company you need to have bought/control of, the majority of the shares in it, however Ken's 94.5% share ownership has a charge of £5m against it.

Surely no one can 'buy' these shares until that charge has been dealt with.

Are we saying/accepting that someone (Anderson/Bassini/Shanina Twain/other?) has paid this debt to 'release' the shares to be sold freely?

Seems unlikely that someone would just 'lend' Anderson £5m to do that and tell him, 'just pay me back when you've got it' - are they?  So if someone is fronting the money then presumably they want to secure it somehow or other, so the don't lose it?

So for a deal to be done I assume someone has given KA £5m to settle the charge on the shares and maybe (I'm just guessing) has come to an agreement that he releases his secured charge on the club assets in return?  At least that would allow the shares to then be done and for the new purchaser have £5m less creditors on the books (although obviously he has paid the same amount up front).  It could be I guess a deal where the £5m for the share ownership is wiped off - and in return KA's £5m secured charge is turned into equity and written off too - so no money up front was required?

Are the enough assets left to even pay him the £5m if the club went into liquidation anyway?).

If no one has paid the money to remove the charge on the shares then I don't understand how a deal could be done - you can't sell something you don't fully own - and the shares are in hock for £5m.

I'm wondering if there is perhaps some sort of stand-off going on behind the scenes, possibly revolving around who will pay the March wages (and very soon the April ones too).  Maybe the potential buyers want Ken to do it and he's calling their bluff banking on them not wanting to take a hit with Administration and 12 points penalty?  And once that stand-off is resolved the deal will go through or alternatively the club is put into receivership?

I can't believe Bassini is more than a puppet in all of this, someone's behind him pulling the strings but who - is he on Team Anderson buying him some more time and leverage, or is he the frontman for some genuine buyer - maybe one of the so called tyre kickers like Gaspard?

I doubt that a deal has been finalised yet no matter what we are being told and I mystified why our esteemed journalist hasn't been tweeting away joyfully listing all the shit that's been hitting the fan as yet another day rolls by.  In fact he's been remarkably unbothered since before the first winder court action.  Is there only me that thinks that's unusual behaviour by him? Does he know something and keeping it quiet or hasn't a clue and not arsed to find out?  Even the ST's been invited for a chat with our new 'owner' yet the local press hasn't even been thrown a bone of being given a few words interview with him (by phone even!) - despite Bassini being at the club and at the last two games - so easily available/contactable if he had wanted to be?

I'm not having a pop at Iles, I just find it odd that he's neither active on twitter like he has been all the while Holdsworth/Anderson had been here - and remember he did many one to one interviews with Holdsworth both during and after Dean's takeover - but he's not done anything at all yet with Bassini - even though Sky Sports, Talk Radio, The Telegraph, etc have?

I don't get why he hasn't?

What is his reason for not doing so - is there one?

(Jack Dearden and BBC Radio Manchester haven't interviewed him either? - I wonder why?).

I'm not a lawyer but I think this is somewhat wide of the mark. 

The solicitors would disburse the funds as part of the sale and purchase transaction. 

LB pays £Xm, the lawyers pay £5m to ED trust, everything else and then the remaining £Y to KA. 

When you sell your house you don't borrow money off your mates to pay off the mortgage (which is a charge in the same way) first. 

Perhaps your reading a bit too much into it 

Hes not passed FPP yet so does he technically own the club?  I’m sure once he does / if he does, we will see an interview in the BEN 

It would mean last week’s statement is a bit previous mind but then again nothing seems to have changed 

Edited by birch-chorley

If Iles interviews him he would have to put some kind of slant/narrative on the story, the whole ‘Bassini thing’ looks dodgy, so perhaps he’s  in no hurry to print something that turns out to be bollocks

Which ever way he slants the story he wil get a kicking off quite a few on here, once bitten twice shy

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Is where I'm at. 

Totally fucked off with it all, and even stopped visiting WWs as frequently because of this. 

1 hour ago, Moon boy said:

If Iles interviews him he would have to put some kind of slant/narrative on the story, the whole ‘Bassini thing’ looks dodgy, so perhaps he’s  in no hurry to print something that turns out to be bollocks

Which ever way he slants the story he wil get a kicking off quite a few on here, once bitten twice shy

He loves writing false shit though

It's inevitable this it's going to May the 8th when we're back in court again, I really do think Anderson has used Bassini to buy time & make it look to the authorities he's done his best in selling the club. The statement what concerns me the most is him saying he doesn't know the level debt the club is in & hasn't done any due diligence. He seems gullible Bassini & in his past been scammed a few times.. The club should be administration now & that was the best option we had, think that chance has gone now.

Edited by Okocha10

4 hours ago, Flannel Truscott said:

I'm not a lawyer but I think this is somewhat wide of the mark. 

The solicitors would disburse the funds as part of the sale and purchase transaction. 

LB pays £Xm, the lawyers pay £5m to ED trust, everything else and then the remaining £Y to KA. 

When you sell your house you don't borrow money off your mates to pay off the mortgage (which is a charge in the same way) first. 

Thanks for the reply, you're probably right, it's just that I'm pretty sure Howard said it couldn't be done in that manner much earlier on in the thread.

There was even a similar reply to yours at the time, which he poo poohed.

I know everything that Howard said wasn't necessarily true but I did tend to believe his technical information on A&M to be more factual than not.

Maybe in this instance that wasn't the case?

• Site Supporter

It’s been 4 working days since anything was announced,  with a pretty clear statement that patience may be required for a week or 2.

4 working days around Easter when - and let’s all be honest - the work rate drops.

Things like this simply don’t happen in a day.

Be patient, it’ll be reet.

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

It’s been 4 working days since anything was announced,  with a pretty clear statement that patience may be required for a week or 2.

4 working days around Easter when - and let’s all be honest - the work rate drops.

This. Apart from the last bit - I'm unconvinced it'll be reet.

But the rest absolutely. The twitter mob frothing at the mouth - spurred on by Iles and Nixon "Its very worrying".....4 working days....to sort out a huge mess...lets be realistic, nobody with any sense is rushing in to do anything until they know the full story.

Also sorting out wages is likely to be a little more tricky than just "clicking your fingers".

If by middle of next week nothing has progressed and there is still silence - I'd start getting a little concerned. 

34 minutes ago, Spider said:

eggzakerley!  It's getting as bad as who shot JFK, did we land on the moon and are UFO's real

(Sluffy should write a blog on conspiracy theories)

I’m now of the opinion... 

meh

if it happens it happens, I’ll believe it when I see it. Too many false dawns to get worked up either way.

Am sure I’m not the only one who found themselves so fed up they began to reevaluate their life?

14 minutes ago, TroySwoosh said:

(Sluffy should write a blog on conspiracy theories)

Talking of which,, does anyone know if there is a scenario in which Anderson - apart from getting away from all the flac, having a reason not to be asked to pay the bills whilst this plays out and getting the credit for "trying his best" when it's all over - could get a better personal  financial outcome if he slipped a stooge say 500k for playing the role of potential buyer for a few weeks?

1 minute ago, Hoppy510 said:

Talking of which,, does anyone know if there is a scenario in which Anderson - apart from getting away from all the flac, having a reason not to be asked to pay the bills whilst this plays out and getting the credit for "trying his best" when it's all over - could get a better personal  financial outcome if he slipped a stooge say 500k for playing the role of potential buyer for a few weeks?

Please don't bring this sort of twitter nonsense on here! 

1 hour ago, Hoppy510 said:

No idea but it wouldn’t be that unbelievable 

3 minutes ago, tomski said:

No idea but it wouldn’t be that unbelievable 

Apparently conspiracy theories aren't allowed, believable or otherwise, even though they are just speculation so I'm keeping that one - and my other one about Anderson to myself henceforth. Have to say that football chat rooms could get a bit sterile if we're not permitted to speculate though.

I’m not sure why he would need to pay £500k for a stooge 

If what is being insinuated is that he will get a better deal from liquidation then surely he would have been better letting the high court grant the liquidation order rather than fight it based on a buyer coming in? That way he would have saved himself the Stooge £500k fee 

He could have stood up in court and said “we don’t have a buyer” and it would have been all wrapped up by now 

4 hours ago, Ratwhite said:

Time to rename the thread to.

"CLUB FOR SALE - A FEW GOOD OWNERS" 

More like " CLUB FOR SALE - SEVERAL CARELESS OWNERS"

This thread is bringing out the Wanderer in me (cynical by default) + i'm starting to smell a rat with this deal.

Obviously i hope i'm wrong and 3 years from now we're sat in the upper half of the Premier league, with lots of good players and pots of money.

It ain't happening.

32 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Apparently conspiracy theories aren't allowed, believable or otherwise, even though they are just speculation so I'm keeping that one - and my other one about Anderson to myself henceforth. Have to say that football chat rooms could get a bit sterile if we're not permitted to speculate though.

KA is a popular man on here. My main worry is it is such a mess that no one will save us. I’d love to be wrong