Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F1 is back

MancWanderer

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Jenson Button, Nigel Mansell, Jackie Stewart, all adored, all British and Lewis has won more than all of them combined and still gets stick. 

He just needs a massive moustache then.

Cant believe he didn’t figure it out sooner the silly bollocks

Coulthard was on BBC breakfast this morning, I thought he explained things very well and he offered his opinion on the likelihood of the success of a Mercedes appeal.  

He said that there is a rule where the race referee can basically do what he wants.

Mercedes are now considering court.

I remember watching him win his first word title pre match in the Bromilow. He lost the place he needed in the final lap, quite a few in there were cheering, then gutted when he got it back to win the championship

Remember my dad  asking why they didn't want him to win.

I just said, 'why do you think?'

We beat City 2-0 by the way. (just checked)

Edited by mickbrown

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Maybe you don't. It seems obvious to me, just from personal experience. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Do I believe some folk who don’t like him will be because they are racist? Absolutely. 

do I agree with yet another sweeping generalization/accusation. Not at all

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

I remember watching MVG player Phil Taylor, thousands of Brits wanted MVG to win, it’s happened on numerous occasions in many sports. There will always be the few throbbers that want to attach the race card to anything they can. I suppose that’s why they’re throbbers 

Phil Taylor is a right cunt though

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

I remember watching MVG player Phil Taylor, thousands of Brits wanted MVG to win, it’s happened on numerous occasions in many sports. There will always be the few throbbers that want to attach the race card to anything they can. I suppose that’s why they’re throbbers 

If the result of a contest is pretty much a fore gone conclusion then folk wanting MVG to win against the bloke who had won the last lots of times isn’t race or isn’t disliking Taylor for cuntishness it is our love of an underdog.

Why do some folk not like Lewis?

In descending order imo….

1. Classic British thing of building someone up and then knocking them down because they’ve been “too successful”. It’s someone else’s turn to win 

2. He has strong opinions about things and sticks to his guns and they are most often things that get some folk in a right lather - Black Lives Matter, LGBT, etc 

3. He’s black. A minority but they are there 

28 minutes ago, Spider said:

Can we please keep darts off the sports threads, by the way.

Im sure there’s a thread for “Stuff to do in between swills of beer and gobfuls of pork scratching” elsewhere.

thanks

After this weekend I've come to the conclusion that darts has more sporting integrity than this shite. Who says you can't change your mind. 

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

After this weekend I've come to the conclusion that darts has more sporting integrity than this shite. Who says you can't change your mind. 

Not on here you can’t.

boooooooooo

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

And much as I initially thought Spider’s Netflix comments were a bit silly I really do now wonder if it was done for the drama factor?

Trust me, they’ve been crawling all over the paddock for years now and Drive to Survive is making both Netflix and F1 a lot of money.

Theres no way they weren’t a factor in that bizarre decision.

29 minutes ago, Spider said:

Trust me, they’ve been crawling all over the paddock for years now and Drive to Survive is making both Netflix and F1 a lot of money.

Theres no way they weren’t a factor in that bizarre decision.

It’s a great show. Read a few months ago that Max wouldn’t be appearing in the next one because it created false rivalries. Hhhmmm!!!!

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Spider said:

I will say that Lewis has behaved like a real pro.

He was fully entitled to windmill his way through the entire paddock and then shit all over the FIA offices.

Max would have.

Fair play to him.

I agree, and it wouldn't surprise me if he's had a word with his team. I'm not sure he would want to "win" it this way. Even he has a legitimate point.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Do I believe some folk who don’t like him will be because they are racist? Absolutely. 

do I agree with yet another sweeping generalization/accusation. Not at all

It's the law remember. 

No gray area whatsoever. 

If you don't support him, you're a racist. Simples.

That of course includes many F1 fans who have their favoured teams and drivers from all over the world.

Boogs went down this line the other day, and I didn't want to go down this road in this thread, but it's happened now sadly. Routine.

• Members
1 hour ago, deane koontz said:

Well one requires athletes, because exercise is involved and they need to be super fit the other is darts. Which is basically a remedial lesson in counting backwards.