Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jo Brand

deane koontz

Fuckin ell where does it all stop?

shes a comedienne ffs. Shit one albeit but it’s their job to shock. 

Franky Boyle or Jimmy Carr says it and nobody bats an eyelid.

Weve turned in to a nation of soft bastards outraged by everything on everyone else behalf.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Carlos said:

As if Farage is actually a snowflake himself.

The same man who told a crowd of his worshippers that he'd "don khaki, pick up a rifle, and head for the front line" if we don't leave the EU on his preferred terms. 

Obviously a load of nonsense, but frankly pointing out that what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander is probably the only hope to make people of a different political persuasion trying to get the police involved when people say things they disagree with

Normally i'd say it was a crap joke from a crap comedienne non-story.....but Brand is the one who made the complaint about Carol Thatcher making a "hair like a golliwog" comment in a private conversation, which resulted in CT losing her BBC job.

I'd hope that she would be dealt with in the same way but  , unsurprisingly, the BBC already appear to be treating lefty, luvvie Brand more leniently than Thatcher or Baker.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Normally i'd say it was a crap joke from a crap comedienne non-story.....but Brand is the one who made the complaint about Carol Thatcher making a "hair like a golliwog" comment in a private conversation, which resulted in CT losing her BBC job.

I'd hope that she would be dealt with in the same way but  , unsurprisingly, the BBC already appear to be treating lefty, luvvie Brand more leniently than Thatcher or Baker.

Have you ever listened to 'Heresy' on Radio 4?

15 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Agree with the above.

I do wonder what Danny Baker is thinking though: the BBC flirted him for his joke and defended Brand.

I think this is why it’s become an issue, comparing the BBC inconsistency.  If the Danny Baker thing hadn’t happened then this would the non story it should be.

20 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Have you ever listened to 'Heresy' on Radio 4?

No, but i don't think her comments about throwing battery acid at someone are disputed.

To be clear, i'm not at all offended by her crap joke, (or Thatcher or Baker ), but i'm not impressed by Brand's hypocrysy in complaining about Thatcher's silly comment off air but thinking that she's entitled to broadcast any edgy/controversial comments & also, by the BBC's inconsistant reaction to the 3 non stories.

4 hours ago, bolton va va said:

No, but i don't think her comments about throwing battery acid at someone are disputed.

To be clear, i'm not at all offended by her crap joke, (or Thatcher or Baker ), but i'm not impressed by Brand's hypocrysy in complaining about Thatcher's silly comment off air but thinking that she's entitled to broadcast any edgy/controversial comments & also, by the BBC's inconsistant reaction to the 3 non stories.

I think the fact that Thatcher said something like that in private is an insight into the kind of person she is. Who seriously calls someone a 'golliwog' in this day and age? 

The Danny Baker thing was a bit different - I'm not having it that he was inferring any sort of racial slur. Bit daft but that was about it.

6 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Baker was employed as a presenter, Brand was a guest on someone else's show and is not employed by the BBC. That makes it difficult for them to sack her like they did to Baker. 

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Brand isn't a BBC employee. 

3 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Baker was employed as a presenter, Brand was a guest on someone else's show and is not employed by the BBC. That makes it difficult for them to sack her like they did to Baker. 

Brand is a regular on BBC programmes & is no doubt well paid by the BBC for her appearances. We'll see if that continues.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Brand is a regular on BBC programmes & is no doubt well paid by the BBC for her appearances. We'll see if that continues.

Surely it's easier to stop using her if she's not an employee?

I wholeheartedly agree with you- be very interesting to see if she continues to appear. So far they've protected her.

The comment itself was fuck all, like the rest of the simpletons who celebrate milkshakes being thrown at people, somebody threw an egg at Corbyn and was imprisioned, the problem is that when you start to normalise attacks on public figures it escalates, Pim Fortuyn a dutch right wing politician had a cake thrown at him and the dutch media run jokey headlines in the same way the british media have done with the milkshake attacks, he was then shot and killed. Some halfwit will carry out an acid attack as the likes of the fat cunt brand have made light of it, we'll she how popular she is when it happens