Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mental Health/Depression

MancWanderer

5 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Thanks all for the best wishes.

Sore body- calves like you're cramping up after 30 minutes of extra time. 

Neck and shoulders, and a badly bitten tongue making swallowing difficult. 

Mainly knackered, but quite pleased with how well I'm recovering. Couple of days and should be fine, except for driving of course.

Whether it was due (at least in part) to stress etc, who knows.

Stress and lack of sleep are known triggers for latent seizures so highly possible 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

That astonishes me

Me too, but they did do blood tests to check for any infection They were clear. He said my kidney function was excellent, so whether that influenced his decision, I don't know.

Half three in the morning, so.meybs he'd had enough!

On 08/08/2023 at 09:00, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Had s pretty severe seizure last night.

Out of the blue.

A&E doc pretty much sent me home and said there was no real need to have gone in- just told to monitor them and if they get worse, then they will revisit.

Certainly a mixed bag of approaches.

Hope you're ok, they are really grim to witness. 

Since my partner had that abscess on her brain last year, she's developed epilepsy off the back of it 

She's had 3 seizures since she got out of hospital, 2 in the last 3 weeks, one whilst on holiday at sea last week 

We think over tiredness is bringing hers on, always on the back of being up all night with the little one 

She's on a fair whack of tablets to prevent them to

• Site Supporter

I was just about to post about this, and just seen yours.

Tiredness definitely contributes, I know I felt utterly shite when the lad was new born and sleep was affected.

Been more of a struggle to recover from this last one- may have caused some sort of nerve damage to my tongue, been more knackered and pressure/headaches.

Improving slowly though.

A kick in the teeth though having been fine since I've been settled on medication. 

Dunno if anyone has any info via friends or relatives as to whether diet can be used to help control them.

Lost weight recently too which should help, but that's life I guess.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, L/H White said:

Hope you're ok, they are really grim to witness. 

Since my partner had that abscess on her brain last year, she's developed epilepsy off the back of it 

She's had 3 seizures since she got out of hospital, 2 in the last 3 weeks, one whilst on holiday at sea last week 

We think over tiredness is bringing hers on, always on the back of being up all night with the little one 

She's on a fair whack of tablets to prevent them to

Sorry to hear your missus and TMGJ are struggling. 

Can you do a night feed for her to give her a rest? 

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Sorry to hear your missus and TMGJ are struggling. 

Can you do a night feed for her to give her a rest? 

Winning away helps 😁

Biggest issue is once again having to work out how to manage my business. Surrendered my licence, so now having to work out a plan of getting equipment onto site. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Winning away helps 😁

Biggest issue is once again having to work out how to manage my business. Surrendered my licence, so now having to work out a plan of getting equipment onto site. 

Shit, that is a biggie with you needing a van too.

Hope you can find a way to sort it, life can really kick you in the stones.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Tiredness definitely contributes, I know I felt utterly shite when the lad was new born and sleep was affected.

Been more of a struggle to recover from this last one- may have caused some sort of nerve damage to my tongue, been more knackered and pressure/headaches.

Improving slowly though.

A kick in the teeth though having been fine since I've been settled on medication. 

Dunno if anyone has any info via friends or relatives as to whether diet can be used to help control them.

What tablets are you on / dosage?

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, L/H White said:

What tablets are you on / dosage?

Pregabalin.

Not the standard treatment by any means, but seems to suit me. Was sorted by Psychiatry dept.

Tried epilim which was meh to say the least, then was put on topiramate, which was disastrous. Came off immediately.

Pregabalin usually used for nerve pain and as a top up for epilepsy meds, but seems to work for me.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Improving slowly though.

There’s a fair bit of research that shows the ketogenic diet to help but as the article says you should take advice from an epilepsy bod

https://epilepsysociety.org.uk/about-epilepsy/treatment/ketogenic-diet

On 12/08/2023 at 16:09, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Improving slowly though.

She's 3 days in since the seizure now. Said she feels really ill, light headed and like she feels like she could pass out at anytime 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, L/H White said:

She's 3 days in since the seizure now. Said she feels really ill, light headed and like she feels like she could pass out at anytime 

Aye, they seem to bugger about with hormones, brain performance etc.

Mood and confidence can be affected. 

I feel wobbly/dizzy, tired and lethargic. Low mood in the morning, easing a bit as the day goes on.

Tight shoulders and neck, with "pressure" on the bonce, and "bouncing" behind the eyes. Twitching muscles too.

Does get better but it's a twat.

Keep well clear of alcohol.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bolton_blondie said:

So after starting my Uni course, I thought what the fucking hell have I signed myself up for? Had tears, sleepless nights and lots of stress. I just got my first results back for my module and I’ve passed! 6 months in and I can fucking do this 🥳

sounds like my stint at uni apart from the tears and stress

just wait till you discover drugs

1 hour ago, bolton_blondie said:

So after starting my Uni course, I thought what the fucking hell have I signed myself up for? Had tears, sleepless nights and lots of stress. I just got my first results back for my module and I’ve passed! 6 months in and I can fucking do this 🥳

Is @Rudystill coaching/advising you?

• Moderators
3 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

I’m sure Rudy is living his best life with his imaginary house, car, job, life 😬 deffo not stacking shelves in Aldi

Are you getting ChatGPT to do all your coursework?