Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Looks like we do what we want....

tomski

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Our favourite grief monger Nixon suggested the decision was made Friday but isn't being publicly announced until Wednesday.

That would suggest the actual decision is already known within the club but I don't know why it hasn't been announced yet. What's another few days when you've been waiting 7 months, I suppose.

Surely even the EFL aren't so inept that they'd risk the embarrassment of the decision leaking out.

Actually, wait, hang on a minute, I think I spotted my own mistake

13 minutes ago, Traf said:

Surely even the EFL aren't so inept that they'd risk the embarrassment of the decision leaking out.

Actually, wait, hang on a minute, I think I spotted my own mistake

Could understand rest of the day, maybe 24 hours for the club and staff to get it's head around it but what purpose a delay like this serves I don't know. Everything points to ineptitude from start to finish with all this.

3 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Our favourite grief monger Nixon suggested the decision was made Friday but isn't being publicly announced until Wednesday.

That would suggest the actual decision is already known within the club but I don't know why it hasn't been announced yet. What's another few days when you've been waiting 7 months, I suppose.

I'm not sure that would happen would it? - what's the point in delaying the announcement if the decision has already been made?

As for Nixon, has he actually got anything right in the last 3 years?

1 hour ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Decision will be being gone over by (lots of) lawyers before announcement.

Its not a legal issue. 

The idea that a load of lawyers will pour over a points deduction is just laughable. It would only become a legal issue IF BWFC or someone on their behalf made it one - and its hard to see good grounds for any case - there is no football league precedent for this. Nor no written punishment - so they decide as regulators of the league. And I don't see any court legitimately getting involved.

Edited by bwfcfan5

12 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Its not a legal issue. 

The idea that a load of lawyers will pour over a points deduction is just laughable. It would only become a legal issue IF BWFC or someone on their behalf made it one - and its hard to see good grounds for any case - there is no football league precedent for this. Nor no written punishment - so they decide as regulators of the league. And I don't see any court legitimately getting involved.

You assume it would be Bolton lawyers poring over the verdict, as opposed to Donny, Coventry or even EFL ones ?

36 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

You assume it would be Bolton lawyers poring over the verdict, as opposed to Donny, Coventry or even EFL ones ?

No I assumed they meant EFL ones. There isn't anything to check - not unless they seriously expect a legal challenge from either Bolton or other clubs. In this case its hard to imagine what grounds one would have either way. 

3 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Its not a legal issue. 

There are hundreds of thousands (if not millions)of £s at stake for potentially promoted or relegated clubs.  Everyone will have lawyers pouring over this.