Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, L/H White said:

My sister works in a care home 

No covid deaths first wave 

2nd wave has seen nearly half the home

New varient more destructive than the first?

• Replies 44.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobarp

• Spider

• Tonge moor green jacket

• boltondiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My uncle lost his battle to this in Royal Bolton this morning, so he will be one of today’s numbers.  last rites over the phone held by a nurse with no family there. made an exception yester

That was one of the loveliest things to ever happen. Stood in my garden sobbing like a baby! Proud to work for the NHS 👏👏👏👏❤️

I’ve sat with my mum who is slipping away, literally breathing her last today. She idolises the Queen, and whilst she didn’t in all likelihood hear that, I know she would have loved every single

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Morizio said:

Couple of mummerings I got told yesterday. 

Schools to stay closed until after Easter. 

The way we are living currently, will be it for 12 to 18 months. 

That dude the other day said tier systems coming back in march?

Kids need to be in school. Soon as the numbers drop enough they need to go back and we will have to deal with the numbers rising again.

The guardian headline today:

Schools Covid chaos deepens as ministers halt daily mass testing

Of course they are delayed, there aren't any Pupil/Students in schools and colleges!! Absolute bell-ends are the Guardian!

The testing wasn't mandatory, Students are to be offered a test, so it was more a case of test as many as you can. Same with staff.

Staff in education who are going in during lockdown are being tested, as will be some of the vulnerable Students who are allowed in.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Of course they are delayed, there aren't any Pupil/Students in schools and colleges!! Absolute bell-ends are the Guardian!

The testing wasn't mandatory, Students are to be offered a test, so it was more a case of test as many as you can. Same with staff.

Staff in education who are going in during lockdown are being tested, as will be some of the vulnerable Students who are allowed in.

How can you mass test a mass that isn't present?

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

No matter whether the virus was started accidentally or something more sinister, the Chinese have a fucking lot to answer for - that’s the biggest thing i took from that doc.

True, the cover up highlighted was shocking , doctors getting threatened and told they were spreading lies along with those citizen journalists 

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Watch the film Songbird. :)

id prefer not to

you cant keep dangling a treat forever, even a dog works out when youre taking the piss

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Did you actually read the article? 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/20/planned-daily-covid-testing-in-english-schools-put-on-pause

You appear to be angry that a newspaper has reported some news.

13 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Did you actually read the article? 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/20/planned-daily-covid-testing-in-english-schools-put-on-pause

You appear to be angry that a newspaper has reported some news.

I'm not angry at all, and yes I did read the article and it's somewhat misleading headline.

What is written in newspapers and reported in the media is different to what is happening within the education sector, I work in it and my wife has currently taken up a lead administrator role in the rollout of the mass testing to be given to staff and students at the same place. 

If you want to read and believe everything the Guardian says that's your prerogative.

...and stop the petty point scoring you woke prick!

Edited by Mr Grey
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm not angry at all, and yes I did read the article and it's somewhat misleading headline.

What is written in newspapers and reported in the media is different to what is happening within the education sector, I work in it and my wife has currently taken up a lead administrator role in the rollout of the mass testing to be given to staff and students at the same place. 

If you want to read and believe everything the Guardian says that's you prerogative.

Mass bollocks》mass testing.

The same with with everything. 

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If you want to read and believe everything the Guardian says that's your prerogative.

Which bit of the article is misleading?

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The headline for a start.

Stop being a prick.... you prick!

Which part of this is misleading?

"Daily Covid testing plans 'paused' in English schools"

Israeli scientists suggesting protection after one dose of the Pfizer vaccine is nowhere near the 89% cited by UK scientists after clinical trials. They think it could be as little as 33% based on what they are seeing “in the real world” - whatever that means. Really hope they are wrong as that would obviously mean delays in any relaxations.