Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

3 hours ago, Boby Brno said:

It goes without saying that we have a huge problem here in Bolton. The work carried out by our council, local councillors, Bolton CCG and Dr. Helen Wall in particular to get the tests and vaccinations into the problem areas (her constituents) has been tremendous and I’m convinced it will be noted when the accolades are handed out.

She has been conspicuous by her absence.

She has used every interview to deflect from the real problem.

I doubt she’s ever been in most of her constituency. 2-3 buses to travel a mile? Utterly useless.

I don't know enough about her as an MP, as she's not my local one - it seems people don't seem to rate her very highly.

12 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I don't know enough about her as an MP, as she's not my local one - it seems people don't seem to rate her very highly.

My criticism is based on her reaction to this outbreak here in Bolton. I know councillors who have given up their last two weekends helping the targeted testing and vaccination programme in the affected areas.

She could have done a lot to help if she had been more visible on the ground and supported the volunteers trying their best to stem the spread instead of using it as a political stick.

6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

The bus quote did seem a bit odd, considering you can walk in town from most of those areas she was discussing.

It didn’t help and just like Hancock’s 10’s of thousands quote, it undermines  the message. 
Interestingly, I heard a London MP use the exact same quote on London Regional News last week. Maybe it’s relevant to London but obviously not here.

8 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

It didn’t help and just like Hancock’s 10’s of thousands quote, it undermines  the message. 
Interestingly, I heard a London MP use the exact same quote on London Regional News last week. Maybe it’s relevant to London but obviously not here.

The one good thing about London is it's ace for public transport, the bus network is brilliant, you'd never be waiting long at most times of the day, or night for that matter. Plus its easier to get most places by bus. 

Just now, boltondiver said:

A good update from Bolton this morning, sounds positive.

fingers crossed 🤞 

Jabs seem to be working in Indian variant hotspot - vaccine expert

Vaccines seem to be working in an area of the UK hardest hit by the Indian coronavirus variant, a vaccine expert has said.

Dr Helen Wall, senior responsible officer for the Covid vaccine programme in Bolton, tells BBC Radio 4's Today programme patients in hospital in the area are not as sick as previous patients with Covid-19 and "vaccines seem to be working".

She says there are "significant numbers of 30 and 40-year-olds" going into hospital in Bolton, adding there are "tens of thousands of young people" who have only just become eligible for the vaccine "that we need to get vaccinated really rapidly now".

But she says there are not as many people as sick as there would have been pre-vaccine.

She says there i only a "handful" of patients in hospital who have had two doses of a coronavirus vaccine, and some of those who have been double-vaccinated have only had the second dose recently.

6 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Jabs seem to be working in Indian variant hotspot - vaccine expert

Vaccines seem to be working in an area of the UK hardest hit by the Indian coronavirus variant, a vaccine expert has said.

Dr Helen Wall, senior responsible officer for the Covid vaccine programme in Bolton, tells BBC Radio 4's Today programme patients in hospital in the area are not as sick as previous patients with Covid-19 and "vaccines seem to be working".

She says there are "significant numbers of 30 and 40-year-olds" going into hospital in Bolton, adding there are "tens of thousands of young people" who have only just become eligible for the vaccine "that we need to get vaccinated really rapidly now".

But she says there are not as many people as sick as there would have been pre-vaccine.

She says there i only a "handful" of patients in hospital who have had two doses of a coronavirus vaccine, and some of those who have been double-vaccinated have only had the second dose recently.

👍

#teambolton

Edinburgh busy with lots of weegies this afternoon and suspect it will be this way all weekend with them remaining locked down.

lukcily the scummy ones can’t afford the train fare through so it’s the more well heeled ones currently. 

localised lockdowns do not work. They just kill off businesses. 

We've had an organised group of people disrupting the vaccination centres over the past couple of days. Group of about 15 plastering antivax stickers everywhere, abusing the nurses and the army who are supporting, and taking down signs so that people can't find the centre. 

Utter, utter cunts!

44 minutes ago, kent_white said:

We've had an organised group of people disrupting the vaccination centres over the past couple of days. Group of about 15 plastering antivax stickers everywhere, abusing the nurses and the army who are supporting, and taking down signs so that people can't find the centre. 

Utter, utter cunts!

They need a good SHOEING 

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

Utter, utter cunts!

Army?? Can they not just shoot-to-kill the fuckers - they wont have to worry about jabs then