Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Surely no-one is actually surprised at how people are behaving?

We're a country full of spoiled, entitled fuckers who put themselves before the whole - why would people behave any differently to how they are now.

I am to be honest. Expected some resistance obviously, but I thought we now had a more inclusive society where we respect other people for who they etc.

Seems you're right though, a lot of faux acceptance, as long as they can still do what they want.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Surely no-one is actually surprised at how people are behaving?

We're a country full of spoiled, entitled fuckers who put themselves before the whole - why would people behave any differently to how they are now.

iiiiiiiiinn one!!! 👋

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

Would policing the 2m rule not be easier than policing a full lock down? If so get the police out to parks, beaches, etc and fine the cunts who aren’t complying 

Which police would that be? We don't currently have enough police to do what they're supposed to do.

3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Which police would that be? We don't currently have enough police to do what they're supposed to do.

So why do we think people would adhere to a full lock down then if they won’t comply with the 2m rule now?

Also there will be plenty of police not manning sporting events, town centres etc so many police I'm sure will be available 

Edited by royal white

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I am to be honest. Expected some resistance obviously, but I thought we now had a more inclusive society where we respect other people for who they etc.

Seems you're right though, a lot of faux acceptance, as long as they can still do what they want.

The kind of people that do what they want with no consideration for others but are outraged when they feel they aren't getting the respect the imagine they deserve for being obnoxious twats. 

• Moderators
Just now, royal white said:

So how why do we think people would adhere to a full lock down then if they won’t comply with the 2m rule now?

Also there will be plenty of police not manning sporting events, town centres so may police I’m sure will be available 

Cos no police are self isolating?

Just lock the place down

Its crazy to think it can carry on like this

1 minute ago, royal white said:

Would policing the 2m rule not be easier than policing a full lock down? If so get the police out to parks, beaches, etc and fine the cunts who aren’t complying 

You'd have to monitor everyone in the country to do that effectively.

Much less resource required to close premises,  patrol areas and  blockades to stop people travelling.

I'll be surprised if it's not in force to some extent the day after the coronavirus bill is passed

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Supposed to carry on until symptoms appear, unless they live in the same house

Ok, cheers

We have about 30 people who can't do their work at home

I now have 6 self isolating

I can't carry on very much longer

If we drop below 15 or 20 if it's the wrong folk, we will need to shut the doors

This is why I favour a lockdown

Italy growth in death rate % (+12%)  and new cases  (+10%) 

Big drop in both,  for the first time in ages - hope this is a trend and not a blip.

either the lockdown is working or Lombardy is getting herd immunity, or both

either way it appears that its working 🙏

Edited by peelyfeet