Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Just been on a bus to the pub. 25 ish people total. 8 in age range 12-20 I would say. No masks. Only one other person outside of that who wasn’t wearing one (wouldn’t of looked out of place at the rocket to give you an idea). 

right there is the problem coupled with our ASIAN Brethren. They just do not give a fuck and now different seas are paying. 

Cold beer, nice beer garden packed with birds with tits on show everywhere. This is actually heaven. First bit of happiness in a while! 

58 minutes ago, boogs said:

I've been in ma mums all morning, ripping the fireplace out ready to have a new one fitted tomorrow. Should I not have done that but a lad she barely knows can come in and fit the new one tomorrow?? He can hardly work from home on that. 

Genuine question by the way, it fries my brain all this. 

If you and your mum are in a bubble then it's fine for you to be there. If not then you shouldn't be there according to the rules.

It's okay for the workman to be there because he's there to do a job ... and unlikely to give her a hug and a kiss.

45 minutes ago, DazBob said:

If you and your mum are in a bubble then it's fine for you to be there. If not then you shouldn't be there according to the rules.

It's okay for the workman to be there because he's there to do a job ... and unlikely to give her a hug and a kiss.

Fair enough nice one. 

The amount of people that I know that were happy and willing to not go to other households and stick to guidelines in the first instance but now are just thinking fuck it is pretty high, from what I can tell. The msgs from the top have just been so muddled or none existent that I don't really blame them tbh. There's a lot of overlapping bubbles 

8 minutes ago, boogs said:

Fair enough nice one. 

The amount of people that I know that were happy and willing to not go to other households and stick to guidelines in the first instance but now are just thinking fuck it is pretty high, from what I can tell. The msgs from the top have just been so muddled or none existent that I don't really blame them tbh. There's a lot of overlapping bubbles 

The original lockdown assumed a 90% observance. It was nearer to 99.5%. Now it might be 50%.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53605863

Clinical passports being mentioned - letting people do stuff if they've tested positive in the past - seems sensible but will cause some shit no doubt

Yet a link elsewhere reckons only 3 months immunity if you've had it. A can of worms?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, peelyfeet said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53605863

Clinical passports being mentioned - letting people do stuff if they've tested positive in the past - seems sensible but will cause some shit no doubt

I reckon there's money to be made if you can get a setup going where people pay you to infect them

Blackpool was as busy as I’ve seen it today. Every hotel jam packed. Actually queuing to get out of the train station.

South shore prom etc was full of Muslims obviously making a day out of it for eid. 

• Members
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Blackpool was as busy as I’ve seen it today. Every hotel jam packed. Actually queuing to get out of the train station.

South shore prom etc was full of Muslims obviously making a day out of it for eid. 

Hope the women had face coverings 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

No. When will you learn?

South shore prom was full of people of indeterminate heritage, background and religious persuasion simply having a day at the seaside.

Get your act together you daft racist.

20 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

How is that different to people queueing to get in Tesco or IKEA?

A peak in the virus hasn’t been traced to people queuing up for Tesco and ikea. 

They’ve been carrying on like throughout the whole thing. 

That's not good enough really, the picture shows a queue of socially distanced people the same as a queue outside any retail outlet in recent times.

I've no worries saying a problem exists with people living a certain way if we have data to back that up but that image is not showing that and the person posting it up wasn't arsed about accuracy they just wanted to say something else.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

That's not good enough really, the picture shows a queue of socially distanced people the same as a queue outside any retail outlet in recent times.

I've no worries saying a problem exists with people living a certain way if we have data to back that up but that image is not showing that and the person posting it up wasn't arsed about accuracy they just wanted to say something else.

I'd like to see this "data" too. And if it does exist, I hope it includes people like this as well, broken down into Ethnicity of course, because that's really important for some reason.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/residents-panic-over-second-lockdown-18696890

Edited by Cheese