Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Just been into the local shop, put my mask on before I went in. 

Four others shopping in there. Three without masks, one with a mask over her mouth and her big nose dangling over the top of it.

This is never going away.

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Four others shopping in there. Three without masks, one with a mask over her mouth and her big nose dangling over the top of it.

HBWT ?

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Same in a chicken shop in town today.  2 scousers off a building site with them on their heads 🤣

1 hour ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I agree with you both, I've not thrown a racist card in or anything like that and maybe I came across like a cunt with the initial comment about the photo.

I'd like more openness and honesty with it, if we have stats to say the infection rate is biggest in the Muslim community in Deane then people in charge should just say so. It's not about finger pointing it gives those folk the chance to alter their behaviour.

If the folk facing where the Rocket was and on johnny fold near me are upping the figures then for fucks sake let's get em told, highlighting a certain section of society are behaving badly isn't always an ism for folk to protest about.

That’s where we are unfortunately..the fear of offending people trumps everything. 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

That’s where we are unfortunately..the fear of offending people trumps everything. 

Does it fuck. What can you not say because it might offend someone?

• Site Supporter
Just now, Cheese said:

Does it fuck. What can you not say because it might offend someone?

Well I pointed out that asian communities are having spikes in covid the other day and was subsequently accused of being the WWays equivalent of the ShultzStaffen

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Spider said:

Well I pointed out that asian communities are having spikes in covid the other day and was subsequently accused of being the WWays equivalent of the ShultzStaffen

Yeah, but you are. And nobody stopped you saying it.

1 hour ago, royal white said:

I’m more concerned that there’s a Royal Marine flag hanging from one of the houses. 
No former soldier should have to live in such squalor 😉

It’s a wannabe. Guaranteed. No proper ex marine would hang a flag outside their window surely?

• Moderators

Was meant to do a bbq tomorrow

3 households, 6 adults, 5 kids

Garden is big enough for us to distance and side gate means no one has to come in through the house

Not allowed, fair enough

But we can all go to the pub over the road, sit in the beer garden with everyone else, use the same toilets etc

I think this is plan B, to keep the economy going

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

Was meant to do a bbq tomorrow

3 households, 6 adults, 5 kids

Garden is big enough for us to distance and side gate means no one has to come in through the house

Not allowed, fair enough

But we can all go to the pub over the road, sit in the beer garden with everyone else, use the same toilets etc

I think this is plan B, to keep the economy going

Could be wrong - and absolutely don’t agree that private gardens are treated differently to beer gardens - but I think only two of the three households would be allowed to meet (socially distanced) in the beer garden and indeed that might have previously been the case in your garden as well?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Could be wrong - and absolutely don’t agree that private gardens are treated differently to beer gardens - but I think only two of the three households would be allowed to meet (socially distanced) in the beer garden and indeed that might have previously been the case in your garden as well?

Don't think so

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/north-west-of-england-local-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do

You can continue to meet in public outdoor spaces including outdoor seating or beer gardens in groups of no more than 6 people, unless the group includes only people from 2 households. You cannot meet people you do not live with in a private garden.

Ok, it doesn't mention if that means adults and kids, though the latter seem to be exempt in general

in any case, the same six adults can meet up

or two of them with two kids 

and other groups doing the same

Beer gardens can accommodate loads of people

doesn't make sense

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

Don't think so

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/north-west-of-england-local-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do

You can continue to meet in public outdoor spaces including outdoor seating or beer gardens in groups of no more than 6 people, unless the group includes only people from 2 households. You cannot meet people you do not live with in a private garden.

Ok, it doesn't mention if that means adults and kids, though the latter seem to be exempt in general

in any case, the same six adults can meet up

or two of them with two kids 

and other groups doing the same

Beer gardens can accommodate loads of people

doesn't make sense

I read it as a group of up to six which can only come from a maximum of two households. The bit about more than six people refers to if you had two households comprising of two adults and four kids apiece so would be more than the six but still two households. I think. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I read it as a group of up to six which can only come from a maximum of two households. The bit about more than six people refers to if you had two households comprising of two adults and four kids apiece so would be more than the six but still two households. I think. 

I read it that no more than six people can meet

But if there's eight of you from two houses, eg four each, or five and three, that's ok, because you're only from two houses

Six people from six different houses can meet

All in a beer garden

That's how I interpret it anyway

However, none of the above is allowed in a secluded garden attached to a house

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Yeah if you say so. 

Thing is, you hate everything i post on here, and that is brilliant 😁

I honestly don't give the slightest toss what you post on here. The fact you think I do is brilliantly ironic.

4 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I read it that no more than six people can meet

But if there's eight of you from two houses, eg four each, or five and three, that's ok, because you're only from two houses

Six people from six different houses can meet

All in a beer garden

That's how I interpret it anyway

However, none of the above is allowed in a secluded garden attached to a house

Hadn’t looked at it like that. Fair shout. The confusion proves the point, I suppose.

The approval of beer gardens but ruling out private gardens is just a crock of shit. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Hadn’t looked at it like that. Fair shout. The confusion proves the point, I suppose.

The approval of beer gardens but ruling out private gardens is just a crock of shit. 

Weird on the face of it.

But if there is concern over the likely behaviour of certain folk during eid, then a carpet ban perhaps removes the need to start aiming restrictions at selective groups which really would let the cat out of the bag.

Plus, I suppose they would expect publicans to police a beer garden perhaps more stringently that private residents might. Doesn't mean the will of course.