Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Neighbours

embankment

House next door has a chequered 10yr history.

The builder never managed to sell it . So it has always been let out. 95% of the time to ok folk. Only had to tap one scroat from Droylesdon on his beak once. 15 months ago it was sold at auction. New owner immediately converted it . Put locks on all the doors and sublet it to a person of colour who fronted it as an air b&b.

Contary to all rules and regs on the estate( we pay a maintence fee).

After an eventfull new years eve . ( old bill involved). The air b&b is no more . It had been empty until yesterday. But she has now rented it out. I have no issue with that.

But !!!  Came home to a white van being unloaded.

Spoke to a very nice young girl who informed me her friends were moving in.

From Essex . Family of 6.( moved for work reasons)

Dad looks about 68.

Mum 70

4 kids the oldest looking 16 , 17 , 19 23 year olds i have ever seen .More like all late 20's.

Young girl then asked me , was it all right if they wanted anything over the weekend could they knock on my door when she left. As they are a bit confussed and none of them speak or understand much english.

Just checked the back garden , bloody sure there are some bloody life jackets !!

• Site Supporter

The neighbour I probably have most in common with is the one I’ve spoken to least in the four or so years since they moved next door but one.

They arrived during the summer and the first thing we saw of them was him hiding behind his wife as she tore me off a strip because her house was full of wasps and asking what I was going to do about it. I asked what it was she’d like me to do as I wasn’t normally asked to deal with other folks’ wasp issues. And in any case, what had her wasp issue to do with me? She told me that I had a wasp problem behind my fascia boards and she decided that her wasps were as a result of my wasps mistaking her house for mine. I may at this point have laughed loudly and asked her to piss off.

Never spoke to either of them since!

Speaking to my next door neighbour (the one between me and the wasp people) and it seems they don’t speak either. They’d been real neighbourly when they first came and loaned them some electric hedge trimmers. He returned them an our later all wrapped up and forgot to say he’d severed the cable.

Their house went up for sale a few weeks ago and sold almost immediately.

He is a Bolton fan but I’m not sure if he actually goes. Maybe he even posts or lurks on here in which case he’ll recognise himself. If so, when are you fucking off? 

38 minutes ago, embankment said:

The builder never managed to sell it . So it has always been let out. 95% of the time to ok folk. Only had to tap one scroat from Droylesdon on his beak once. 15 months ago it was sold at auction. New owner immediately converted it . Put locks on all the doors and sublet it to a person of colour who fronted it as an air b&b.

After an eventfull new years eve . ( old bill involved). The air b&b is no more . It had been empty until yesterday. But she has now rented it out. I have no issue with that.

Dad looks about 68.

Mum 70

4 kids the oldest looking 16 , 17 , 19 23 year olds i have ever seen .More like all late 20's.

Young girl then asked me , was it all right if they wanted anything over the weekend could they knock on my door when she left. As they are a bit confussed and none of them speak or understand much english.

Just checked the back garden , bloody sure there are some bloody life jackets !!

I live next door to a house that's rented out, it's got 4 bedrooms and usually gets large families of 6 or more. Had a family of Libyans about 2 years ago, all the kids looked about 25. They put tin foil on all the back windows, and my back garden smelt like skunk. Wonder what it was?

3 hours ago, embankment said:

Dad looks about 68.

Mum 70

Vietnamese?

• Members
On 12/09/2020 at 17:39, embankment said:

Dad looks about 68.

Mum 70

DMB alert!