Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Back int ground

stevieb

3 minutes ago, Bradford lad said:

So if crowds could be allowed back at Bolton what do you think crowds would be like.

With our current form I'd except 16 - 18,000 at Bradford 

Are tickets still £1?

14 hours ago, embankment said:

When fans are allowed back , will attendances be on a par with Pre - Pandemic. 

Or will they all be rammed out. 

I think there will be an initial increase but it will soon reverse back to normal. 

I hope I'm wrong but I think crowds will be quite a bit lower when we return.

There will be those that have just got out of the habit - realised they don't have to spend their Saturdays in the cold, they may have other hobbies or just lost interest (not difficult when you watch the soulless TV football).  And then there's the change in  society, do we have to wear masks etc, will the bars be operating as normal, have the bars even survived the pandemic?  Then those that have lost jobs etc and simply can't afford it.  People just more cautious generally about being out and about in crowds.

If there's 80% of previous crowds (outside the Prem) I think the EFL clubs will have got off lightly, I expect all forms of live entertainment to suffer.  But we'll see, chance would be a good thing. 

5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I hope I'm wrong but I think crowds will be quite a bit lower when we return.

There will be those that have just got out of the habit - realised they don't have to spend their Saturdays in the cold, they may have other hobbies or just lost interest (not difficult when you watch the soulless TV football).  And then there's the change in  society, do we have to wear masks etc, will the bars be operating as normal, have the bars even survived the pandemic?  Then those that have lost jobs etc and simply can't afford it.  People just more cautious generally about being out and about in crowds.

If there's 80% of previous crowds (outside the Prem) I think the EFL clubs will have got off lightly, I expect all forms of live entertainment to suffer.  But we'll see, chance would be a good thing. 

More the reason why promotion is a must 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If I've read it right its on Saturday 28th May

It’s that weekend, yes.

Traditionally it was L2, L1, then championship on the Monday but the order was changed for some reason a couple of years ago.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Steejay said:

It’s that weekend, yes.

Traditionally it was L2, L1, then championship on the Monday but the order was changed for some reason a couple of years ago.

“Some reason” was why was the order 4th div, 3rd div, 2nd div (in old money) where you’re churning up the pitch prior to the showpiece game.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, MickyD said:

“Some reason” was why was the order 4th div, 3rd div, 2nd div (in old money) where you’re churning up the pitch prior to the showpiece game.

Ah but Micky, ours will be the showpiece game if we’re in it.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Ah but Micky, ours will be the showpiece game if we’re in it.

Good point, well made.

6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Don’t need play offs where we’re going 

even better point.

• 3 weeks later...

Dont often go near middlebrook apart from matchdays but was just passing so grabbed a coffee and just drinking that whilst looking at the Reebok (sorry youri).

Fuck me I miss it. Just wanna get back in there with our kid and my nephew after a couple beers in the boozer, laughing, cheering, shouting and even miss having a little whinge when it ain't going our way. 

Let us in Boris you bastard. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We need the Euros games in England to go well fan-wise and then hopefully we're all back in August.

I'm not expecting away fans to be allowed initially, I'm thinking it will be season ticket holders only, but that will do for starters.

As it stands, Super League grounds are admitting fans from May 17th with restricted capacities and then supposedly fully open (including away fans) from June 21st. I expect the dates and/or the limitations to change between now and then, but it will give us an idea at the very least.

17 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

As it stands, Super League grounds are admitting fans from May 17th with restricted capacities and then supposedly fully open (including away fans) from June 21st. I expect the dates and/or the limitations to change between now and then, but it will give us an idea at the very least.

Yes good point, rugby (and cricket to a lesser extent) will be a bit of a "trial" before EFL starts 7th August.  If it does come down to only being allowed 50% or whatever initially, at least we are one of the few clubs who's circumstances mean its no big issue for home games.

There are no covid rules from June 21st, why would there be any restriction on anything thereafter?

I’m planning a completely normal season watching our promotion push in League 1 all over the country next season.

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

There are no covid rules from June 21st, why would there be any restriction on anything thereafter?

I’m planning a completely normal season watching our promotion push in League 1 all over the country next season.

Fingers crossed that's how it will be.  But June 21st is the earliest, not a definite date.  All this talk of vaccine passports to go to the pub etc makes me think it might not all be restriction-free straight away, and with the season being over 4 months away we've got to hope covid cases don't continue to rise.  Will be interesting to see how the rugby goes.