Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

How To Track A Twitter Scammer

Breightmet Boy

got scammed Wednesday night by a well known lad by Adidas lads on Twitter. I paid for two pairs of trainers, £245 and since found out 5 others were scammed too.  We know he lives in Exeter, because he sent some trainers from there in the past, weve then found a James Andrews lives a few streets away from the Post Office he sent them from. His Twitter account is disabled, but his Paypal is still open, ive been onto them and my bank to try and stop the payments transferring but was too late.  Hes obviously not answering his email.  What do the sleuths of Wanderers ways think of the best way forward?  Its not just the bank balance, its my trust in folk thats been damaged. 

51 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

got scammed Wednesday night by a well known lad by Adidas lads on Twitter. I paid for two pairs of trainers, £245 and since found out 5 others were scammed too.  We know he lives in Exeter, because he sent some trainers from there in the past, weve then found a James Andrews lives a few streets away from the Post Office he sent them from. His Twitter account is disabled, but his Paypal is still open, ive been onto them and my bank to try and stop the payments transferring but was too late.  Hes obviously not answering his email.  What do the sleuths of Wanderers ways think of the best way forward?  Its not just the bank balance, its my trust in folk thats been damaged. 

As Sean Ryder once said, call the cops. 

1 minute ago, peelyfeet said:

https://www.192.com/

If he is born in 1981, he's 39 now, you can search using above website, electoral roll data,  you have to pay for full records, can see who else lives there see if any other names pop up.

hes only lived in the house since May so might not be on the roll, thats if hes our man