Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Are we going up?

boltondiver

Out of our remaing 7 games, I'd say Harrogate this Saturday and Crawley last game are the only two games that we play who have fuck all to play for. 

Grimsby away, battling for their lives and taking points off the top teams, Carlisle & Exeter at home are battling for the play-offs, Salford have hit form and are looking at play-offs, Morecambe tough away game.

W4 D2 at least, 80 points should get us over the line, and beating Morecambe in those 4 wins is crucial.

Cambridge need to win 3 out of 6

Cheltenham need to win 4 out of 7

Tranmere like us and in shit form.

Morecambe need to beat us and win another 4

Newport & Forest Green at least 5 out of their 7

I've actually been surprised at the standard of football in this league, it's much better than i thought it would be, there's not much hoofball - everybody at least tries to get the ball down & play.Even the teams at the bottom - Sarfend, Grimsby etc aren't that much different to the teams at the top, they are maybe a 15-20 goal striker and a decent defender away from being up there themselves.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

I am convinced it will be less than 80 points for third spot. Us and Tranmere would have to average 2.3 points a game to get there, more for the others. Currently we average 1.64. 
It will come down to very fine margins and as mentioned hopefully experience helps us get there. The disallowed goal v Colchester and Lee's misses v Newport have dragged us back into the pack but even with those 2 results our form has us ahead of the others going for 3rd.

Personally think Cheltenham and Cambridge have done enough and would need to blow up for 2 teams to catch them. It looks like us Tranmere or Morecambe, with Newport and FGR as outsiders. 

It is there for the taking we are favourites with the bookies. 

What a journey this season has been! The way Sharon, IE and the squad have turned this around is unbelievable. To even put us in a position of promotion is an achievement from where we were in December. Yes it will only be a success now if we go up. But calm heads, together with our quality and experience will see us over the line,

COYFWM 👏

11 hours ago, desperado said:

What a journey this season has been! The way Sharon, IE and the squad have turned this around is unbelievable. To even put us in a position of promotion is an achievement from where we were in December. Yes it will only be a success now if we go up. But calm heads, together with our quality and experience will see us over the line,

COYFWM 👏

You have to give the owners credit in backing evatt in January would have been very easy to accept our fate being 19th and keep powder dry until next season. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members
8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You have to give the owners credit in backing evatt in January would have been very easy to accept our fate being 19th and keep powder dry until next season. 

They’ve been superb every step of the way. A lot of trust went and faith has gone in IE time to get us over the line now 

15 minutes ago, Rudy said:

They’ve been superb every step of the way. A lot of trust went and faith has gone in IE time to get us over the line now 

They have and if we get promoted credit shared equally between management team, players and owners.  

9 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

The supporters have done their bit

I don't think IE would have survived if the supporters were allowed in the ground.

Maybe Covid has done it's bit

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Morecambe away is massive.

Pub beer gardens open too 👀

Rule of 250......

Yes officer,  we're only 6 and nothing at all to do with these other 24 sixes

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

:lol:

I was just walking past Sir and wondered if this was an Adidas collectors fayre

It's almost like it was a master plan

First third of the season- Bed a new team and manager in

Second third- Get into the play off zone

Final third- Promotion

We're just embarking on the final third, my prayer if part of the team would be "Our Father, Who art in heaven, don't let me fuck it up, Amen"

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Dimron said:

It's almost like it was a master plan

First third of the season- Bed a new team and manager in

Second third- Get into the play off zone

Final third- Promotion

We're just embarking on the final third, my prayer if part of the team would be "Our Father, Who art in heaven, don't let me fuck it up, Amen"

The master plan was conning the bookies we were shit enough to give decent odds for promotion.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Ratwhite said:

Morecambe away is massive.

Pub beer gardens open too 👀

Rule of 250......

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Thing is, you’d miss the game itself unless you watch it on your phone.

Tempting as it is, I think I’d rather watch it on one of them modern colour tellys.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Thing is, you’d miss the game itself unless you watch it on your phone.

Tempting as it is, I think I’d rather watch it on one of them modern colour tellys.

Have you seen the size of these new Iphones..

1 minute ago, Ratwhite said:

Steejay is a little old technology has moved on 

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

19 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

17 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Steejay is a little old technology has moved on 

What’s an iphone?

Edited by Steejay

51 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Looks like he uses the same barber as George Thommo

Did you see Gilks referring to him as a Centurion because of his helmet shaped hair. 😂

Edited by desperado

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, desperado said:

Did you see Gilks referring to him as a Centurion because of his helmet shaped hair. 😂

Even without the daft haircut, Thomason just doesn't "look" like a footballer. Everything he does looks awkward, but it works. I fucking love him. Especially when he was kicking fuck out of that pile of Newport players, trying to force the ball over the line. 😂

12 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Even without the daft haircut, Thomason just doesn't "look" like a footballer. Everything he does looks awkward, but it works. I fucking love him. Especially when he was kicking fuck out of that pile of Newport players, trying to force the ball over the line. 😂

Thommo plays with his head down and has an awkward gait for a footballer. I like him though but i wish he'd get his head up before attempting to ping it around - he might find his target a bit more.