Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

Ten points from our last six and I think it'll be enough. Four from the next two would be excellent. A draw on Tuesday and the win at Grimsby. Saturday will be a battle because they aren't actually losing many any more and those sides at the bottom are scrapping like hell. Let's hope that by this time next week we are in the 70s.

i think we are better off playing promotion chasing teams. Yesterday's results mean its not just one play off place realistically up for grabs - Exeter, Bradford, Carlisle, Orient even Port Vale, Crawley & Stevenage wont give up yet. 

Worst opponents for us (and our rivals) at this stage of season are those with 'nothing to play for' like Harrogate and then the park the bus types who can settle for a draw if needbe

We can beat any team that needs to get a result against us I'm confident ! COYW we can do this

4 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Yep, too many on here panic about others

totally in our hands now yes I was frustrated yesterday but again we ground another win when not playing well

Nowt we can do about the others, as you say it's still in our hands and we've got to keep on chalking up points

After a poor Easter I think we need to be taking maximum from the next 2 games and not looking for a draw .

That would give us breathing space to get 2 wins from the remaining games to take us up .

Can’t see tranmere getting a further 15 points especially if we can get back to back wins 

this time next week we will be virtually up 👍

The more I think about Saturday’s win, the more important it seems. Teams tend to go on streaks in this league and once Easter finished off our good streak, another loss, or even a draw, could have seen the start of a poor streak of form. With the win though, regardless of how it came about, we’re back on the up again building the next winning streak. It was all about stopping the poor form as quickly as possible.

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

We should get at least 3 wins and a draw, 10 points = 80 and overall that will be enough.

Just gonna check my bets and the cash out status 🤓

3 wins, 2 draws now achievable = 70+11 pts = 81 points 

That should definitely get us over the line

25 minutes ago, green genie said:

Dusted. Should be looking at the top spot now.

Can you all bring your own @Rudybranded patio furniture next season? Bugger to get a table on Barbican 

Plymouth will be the away weekend for us. They’ll probably make it a midweek game.

I have been to Home Park, but not to watch Bolton, saw Plymouth beat Leeds 6-3 way back around 1988.

Never been to Northampton, hope they stay up.

• Members
2 hours ago, green genie said:

Dusted. Should be looking at the top spot now.

Can you all bring your own @Rudybranded patio furniture next season? Bugger to get a table on Barbican 

Gonna be releasing a Stig Tofting range