Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Are we going up?

boltondiver

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Even without the daft haircut, Thomason just doesn't "look" like a footballer. Everything he does looks awkward, but it works. I fucking love him. Especially when he was kicking fuck out of that pile of Newport players, trying to force the ball over the line. 😂

He’s a real throwback.

Bet he still lives with his Mum, who’ll pack him a Fruit Shoot and Club biscuit when he’s off to training every day.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Thommo plays with his head down and has an awkward gait for a footballer. I like him though but i wish he'd get his head up before attempting to ping it around - he might find his target a bit more.

Exactly what I meant. I'm more than happy if he keeps on playing the way he does. He gets it right more often than he gets it wrong.

36 minutes ago, Steejay said:

He’s a real throwback.

Bet he still lives with his Mum, who’ll pack him a Fruit Shoot and Club biscuit when he’s off to training every day.

And puts little notes with his butties.

29 minutes ago, Steejay said:

And specializes in centurion hair cuts.

Yeh it has got that "home made haircut" look about it - mum cutting his fringe, concentrating hard on trying to keep it straight, with her tongue sticking out of the corner of her mouth.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

57 minutes ago, Paul Morgan said:

Thommo has the same “ head stooped” demeanour as a great Bolton legend Freddie Hill. If he turns out half as good as Freddie we’ll have some player on our hands

Good first post, Paul.
Welcome to WW.

I think George's posture etc will develop as he relaxes into the role more. He's probably still as nervous as fuck every time he goes out there. It's still only 6 months or so since he was playing Division Eleventy hoof ball near Preston.

1 hour ago, Whitestar said:

Going up?,   Are we F***.

Fuck off. We’ve just won. It’s in our own hands. It’s the one fucking bright spot in this shit storm of a last 12 months (or last decade if we’re talking BWFC in general). Get a smile on your face and enjoy the ride FFS. 

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)

Anyone thinking we're going to play Cityesque football and win the last 6 games easily needs a chill pill.

We've got 6 almighty battles, none will be pretty and I doubt we'll come out the right side of them all.

Hopefully, we come out of enough of them them though with the right result

Edited by Biggish Dave

9 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Anyone thinking we're going to play Cityesque football and win the last 6 games easily needs a chill pill.

We've got 6 almighty battles, none will be pretty and I doubt we'll come out the right side of them all.

Hopefully, we come out of enough of them them though with the right result

Correct - its not going to be a walk in the park. Not sure of a play off place yet. 

Lads lads lads, been around SO long and been SO disappointed.

Can remember us playing Everton in a league cup semi in the mid 70s

Was so disappointed that i was on the verge of tears, my auld fella clocks and his and sez, eh lad, if thaz gonna folla this lot thaz best get used to this.

Best words I've ever heard.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Was so disappointed that i was on the verge of tears, my auld fella clocks and his and sez, eh lad, if thaz gonna folla this lot thaz best get used to this.

I nearly got banned by mum for crying when Wrexham beat us in the FA cup about 82 or 83 time. From then onwards I've known I've never followed a glory hunting team

3 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

I think we are in a very strong position now there’s clear daylight between us and 4th. I’m the most confident I’ve ever been of going up automatically tonight 

Looking good, for sure

3 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

I think we are in a very strong position now there’s clear daylight between us and 4th. I’m the most confident I’ve ever been of going up automatically tonight 

Clear daylight 2 points ? 

2 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Well, yes. Not there on GD

Not clear daylight for me

lose & they win we slip out 

50 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Your auld fella had some wise words there. But I don't see how that logic translates into "Are we going up? Are we F***". Sounds like you're just scared to believe in the team so you don't get hurt. If that makes life easier for you then go for it.

I suppose if you aim low then you have less chance to be disappointed but that's not what football's about for me. It's the hope that kills you for sure but also what makes it worth watching.

Edited by Mantra