Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Budget

fatty

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Of they did str, of lube is to be able to fall them, and just import some cheaper ones from the Philippines and places like that. The Government of course wouldn't have the balls to do that sadly.

Is this a 'the sun's over the yardarm somewhere in The Empire...' post or has e2e4 hacked your account?

There already are shitloads of Filipinos working in the NHS, unfortunately they're not 'Robonurse' either and are just as prone to burn-out, disillusionment etc.

Is this a Dadaist wind-up? It goes very much against your usual grain.

If it is, stoppit, around 52% of posters will take it seriously and support you.

8 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I believe a lot of them are underpaid for balance but it’s a career choice.

This. I remember going out to sunnier climates in 2003 on the back of governments orders, for years the British Military were in Iraq with what incorrect equipment (PPE) not once was the word strike mentioned. If you didn’t like it you put your notice in and left, it’s that simple.

• Site Supporter
On 06/03/2021 at 10:48, Traf said:

It'll be interesting to see what rise MPs get next month. Will it be the usual 3.1%?

In April 2014, MPs were paid £67k, in April 2020 they were given £82k, a 22% pay rise over 6 years.

Iirc, the pm said they shouldn't get one.

Could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Iirc, the pm said they shouldn't get one.

Could be wrong.

They don't decide their own salaries

• Site Supporter
On 06/03/2021 at 12:14, Sweep said:

Yes, if course it does. You ensure you can provide for your children, if not, then sorry they die. I'm not sure why I or somebidy else should have to pay vast amounts of money to help somebody elses children, that should be down to the parents.

Can't decide if this is a wind up or not.

You could be the best of parents, and provide adequately, and a child develop a rare disease that requires expensive treatment.

We all pay NI to provide for this.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

They don't decide their own salaries

I know; its perhaps a valid point when folk are criticising them for getting a rise though.

I suppose some will say its easy for an mp to claim they shouldn't get a rise, when they know they're likely to get one though.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I know; its perhaps a valid point when folk are criticising them for getting a rise though.

I suppose some will say its easy for an mp to claim they shouldn't get a rise, when they know they're likely to get one though.

Still some fancy expense claims, I noticed

35 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Perhaps Mr Johnson should set up a charity to pay the nurses on these lines

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/02/johnson-trying-to-set-up-charity-that-could-fund-downing-street-flat-revamp

The donors to Johnson's new kitchen and bathrooms will be JCB, Serco, Jockey Club and the rest. They won't want to donate to nurses

Poor

If they pay taxes, they pay for nurses

Perhaps we should all now set up a charity to give every front line NHS nurse, cleaner and driver £1,000 each for a holiday. Beats standing at the front door banging a saucepan.

Fuck the government, they are reverting to type and do not represent the population.

Just now, Offshore said:

Surely the £350 million a week we get after brexit for the NHS can pay for a decent  NHS worker's payrise ?

It was written on a bus, so we must be getting it...............................

Why don't we hold them to it?

Some people have conveniently short memories

Just now, Dimron said:

You two should be reporters for Sky, quizzing the PM

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Offshore said:

Surely the £350 million a week we get after brexit for the NHS can pay for a decent  NHS worker's payrise ?

It was written on a bus, so we must be getting it...............................

nhs-foxjohnson-1536x864.jpg

2 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Perhaps we should all now set up a charity to give every front line NHS nurse, cleaner and driver £1,000 each for a holiday. Beats standing at the front door banging a saucepan.

Fuck the government, they are reverting to type and do not represent the population.

Really?

13 points ahead in the latest polls suggests you and your like are off beam.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Dimron said:

They don’t have short memories. They remember that it was proven to be all bollocks and they also remember it isn’t worth regurgitating every few weeks.

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Really?

13 points ahead in the latest polls suggests you and your like are off beam.

Vaccination bounce effect. How the fuck people can forget almost 130,000 mainly unavoidable deaths is beyond comprehension.