Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

4 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I find it very hard to believe that you’re not aware of some of the alternatives. There are ways to reduce civilian casualties & ensure millions aren’t starving to death. 

Just look at some of the UN & allied state alternatives being suggested.

NiC also posted an article written by a military general with alternatives. You’ve had plenty answers being suggested. 

You can’t talk about any of this without also looking at the West Bank. Israel needs to stop taking land that isn’t theirs if peace is to be maintained.

👍

• Moderators
1 hour ago, royal white said:

Ah very good, I'd been led to believe 000s were starving and close to famine because it wasn't let through 

Maybe that was in one of the previous 23 weeks 

I did see Egypt being blamed on here for the lack of aid, whilst I know the US had to build a port so aid could get through 

But so long as Israel are letting it through we're all good, it's the least they can do

47 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’ve asked you many of times and you’ve not answered and this was before the aid problems. This was when they were being killed and injured via the fighting. Give me some alternatives, not NIC or a military gen, your goodself. 

Read until your hearts content 🙂

https://www.un.org/en/situation-in-occupied-palestine-and-israel#:~:text=The Security Council just approved,Failure would be unforgivable...

Pay particular attention to “The UN urges parties to….” section. 

There’s also videos if you get bored. 

I’ve said all this before though ….

Edited by London Wanderer

12 minutes ago, Zico said:

Ah very good, I'd been led to believe 000s were starving and close to famine because it wasn't let through 

Maybe that was in one of the previous 23 weeks 

I did see Egypt being blamed on here for the lack of aid, whilst I know the US had to build a port so aid could get through 

But so long as Israel are letting it through we're all good, it's the least they can do

Nah COGAT are telling us they’re  on it, so they must be right.

Blame Hamas

Or the BBC lies about malnourished kids

25 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Read until your hearts content 🙂

https://www.un.org/en/situation-in-occupied-palestine-and-israel#:~:text=The Security Council just approved,Failure would be unforgivable...

Pay particular attention to “The UN urges parties to….” section. 

There’s also videos if you get bored. 

I’ve said all this before though ….

So after weeks of me asking what’s the best way to go about this and prevent kids being killed, you’ve posted a link to a resolution passed yesterday 😂that’s genius. 

After weeks of people on here saying the yanks are distancing themselves from Israel the only country to abstain was……yes you guessed it the yanks. 

So the alternative revolves around the hostages being handed over…..how’s that going? 

another LW shocker. Who’d of thunk it. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, royal white said:

So after weeks of me asking what’s the best way to go about this and prevent kids being killed, you’ve posted a link to a resolution passed yesterday 😂that’s genius. 

After weeks of people on here saying the yanks are distancing themselves from Israel the only country to abstain was……yes you guessed it the yanks. 

So the alternative revolves around the hostages being handed over…..how’s that going? 

You've received loads of reasonable answers over the last few weeks/months, but you've instantly dismissed them - usually with the 😂 emoji, as though that's some sort of brilliant put down. As with every single issue ever discussed on here, it's blatantly obvious you're not interested in a nuanced discussion - you've already picked "your side", and you'll defend it regardless. Not that you're the only one.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

You've received loads of reasonable answers over the last few weeks/months, but you've instantly dismissed them - usually with the 😂 emoji, as though that's some sort of brilliant put down. As with every single issue ever discussed on here, it's blatantly obvious you're not interested in a nuanced discussion - you've already picked "your side", and you'll defend it regardless. Not that you're the only one.

Give me one then. 

54 minutes ago, royal white said:

Oh dear. Someone doesn’t seem to know how resolutions work. Please tell me you know that these have been months in the working? These alternatives have been suggested since the conflict began.

Did you think that they were just all thought up for the first time yesterday? 😂

If you’re going to start telling us all we’re having shockers, then you really have to be more on the ball yourself mate 😁

I’d also give you the memo that the US abstaining and not Vetoing was a huge policy shift & caused Israel to cancel its White House visit.

But maybe best to focus on how a resolution works first. Don’t want to overwhelm you x

Edited by London Wanderer

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Oh dear. Someone doesn’t seem to know how resolutions work. Please tell me you know that these have been months in the working? These alternatives have been suggested since the conflict began.

Did you think that they were just all thought up for the first time yesterday? 😂

If you’re going to start telling us all we’re having shockers, then you really have to be more on the ball yourself mate 😁

I’d also give you the memo that the US abstaining and not Vetoing was a huge policy shift & caused Israel to cancel its White House visit.

But maybe best to focus on how a resolution works first. Don’t want to overwhelm you x

Nonsense. The ONLY answer is to obliterate every single human being in Gaza, then invade every other nearby Palestinian population, even though they're not governed by Hamas. There is literally no other option.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Nonsense. The ONLY answer is to obliterate every single human being in Gaza, then invade every other nearby Palestinian population, even though they're not governed by Hamas. There is literally no other option.

Have you got any alternatives then? Because I’ve been asking for weeks & everyone’s ignoring me….

Solutions for UN resolutions being thought up on the spot 🙈 Some top level thinking going on tonight. 

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

I mean a cease fire and the handing over of hostages is genius. Why did no one think of that any earlier. 🤦🏻

But as you’re aware that’s not happening, hence all of these innocent people and kids being killed. The question I keep asking you is how could these deaths (and future ones) be avoided. If you don’t know just say, it will save me keep Asking. You can phone a friend if you like.

1 hour ago, royal white said:

I mean a cease fire and the handing over of hostages is genius. Why did no one think of that any earlier. 🤦🏻

But as you’re aware that’s not happening, hence all of these innocent people and kids being killed. The question I keep asking you is how could these deaths (and future ones) be avoided. If you don’t know just say, it will save me keep Asking. You can phone a friend if you like.

You want to know how to kill less kids in a war? 

I thought you were a military man? 🙉

By not using collective mass punishment tactics in Gaza for a start. By halting the occupation of more land and attacks in the West Bank. Not currently having a ceasefire doesn’t give Israel the right to massacre innocent people every day.

It’s all there in the UN recommendations. Just read it and stop wasting everyone’s time 😉

3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

You want to know how to kill less kids in a war? 

I thought you were a military man? 🙉

By not using collective mass punishment tactics in Gaza for a start. By halting the occupation of more land and attacks in the West Bank. Not currently having a ceasefire doesn’t give Israel the right to massacre innocent people every day.

It’s all there in the UN recommendations. Just read it and stop wasting everyone’s time 😉

Exactly the reason I’m asking, I have no idea how it’s achieved, I don’t think anyone does in similar past, present (and no doubt future) conflicts around the world.  Yet here we have a teacher on a football forum claiming to know yet wont share his ideas. 😂😂 brilliant .

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, royal white said:

Remarkable. 

The UN almost coalesces around an idea- one that says stop scrapping and release hostages.

Well buggerfucktwat, that's the sort of thing that Hamas themselves said bollocks to previously, so isn't likely to wash. The sort of thing also offered by Israel and rejected.

Decade upon decade of fighting, decade upon decade of word-smithing from many folk, invariably leading to more violence at a later point.

Little in history suggests that it is a solution.

Only one way will it all end, and that requires acceptance of Israel's right to exist.

That was almost sorted with Saudi etc, and may have been the start, but surprise surprise, the extremists scuppered it.

19 minutes ago, royal white said:

Exactly the reason I’m asking, I have no idea how it’s achieved, I don’t think anyone does in similar past, present (and no doubt future) conflicts around the world.  Yet here we have a teacher on a football forum claiming to know yet wont share his ideas. 😂😂 brilliant .

Claiming to know what? 😁 Do you think I’m some sort of peacekeeping superhero who has a whole list of completely original solutions up his sleeve? Nobody has all the answers, nobody is claiming to have. I’ve shown you a narrative I agree with plenty alternatives. You and a few others don’t agree, fair enough. But you’re more interested in laughing emojis & rating everyone’s performance on a footy forum than having a discussion.

It’s all a bit gay don’t you think ? ❤️

Just now, London Wanderer said:

Claiming to know what? 😁 Do you think I’m some sort of peacekeeping superhero who has a whole list of completely original solutions up his sleeve? Nobody has all the answers, nobody is claiming to have. I’ve shown you a narrative I agree with plenty alternatives. You and a few others don’t agree, fair enough. But you’re more interested in laughing emojis & rating everyone’s performance on a footy forum than having a discussion.

It’s all a bit gay don’t you think ? ❤️

You’re quick to knock how they’re going about their aim but offer no alternative. You seem to think, going off your posts anyway, that Israel shouldn’t retaliate. You seem Massively confused to how these conflicts usually pan out. 

In fact you just come across massively confused. 

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Only one way will it all end, and that requires acceptance of Israel's right to exist. 

Yes

One set of extremists has to accept Israel’s right to exist.

And the other set of extremists needs to accept Palestines right to exist & stop taking land.

The two go hand in hand.

32 minutes ago, royal white said:

All you’ve come up with is “not use collective mass punishment tactics” 

Can you elaborate, maybe a couple of examples? 

You don’t know what the alternative is to collective punishment? You definitely are on one then. Going by your GCSE style questioning 😁

More aid, less deaths, less land grabbing in the West Bank. Recognising Palestine as it’s own state. Etc. 

Fwiw Israel has every right to defend itself. This has (in my opinion) gone beyond that. A view shared by many in the international community. 

Just say you disagree rather than pretending nobody is giving you an alternative.

13 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

You don’t know what the alternative is to collective punishment? You definitely are on one then. Going by your GCSE style questioning 😁

More aid, less deaths, less land grabbing in the West Bank. Recognising Palestine as it’s own state. Etc. 

Fwiw Israel has every right to defend itself. This has (in my opinion) gone beyond that. A view shared by many in the international community. 

Just say you disagree rather than pretending nobody is giving you an alternative.

We are talking about the 1000s of deaths in Gaza before the aid problems. The deaths by bombs and bullets to put it in simple terms. 

On 26/03/2024 at 19:00, royal white said:

“We’ve” 😂

"We've" :thumbsup:

Picking sides ont jews v muslamic ray guns when your probably from a Bolton district that is mainly C of E or Catholic (back in the day) 

Let em all blow each other into oblivion and let us have nowt to do with it.