Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rotherham (H)

L/H White

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I don't blame them, scandalous, I'm surprised our Shaz hasn't addressed the lack of lube on hot dogs, or is it a ploy to make kids get more soft drinks out of their parents, a bit like a bowl of peanuts on a bar 😁

If that is the case, I doff my cap to her.

To be fair, this all comes from.my dad, won't buy anything in the ground and never has. Cup of tea, nothing.

I almost fell over when be bought a bovril that boxing day we played Utd away. Think he was hungover and lost control of himself.

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Tbf, Same here, its overpriced crap and the beer is shite, got a coffee and a carrs pasty first game of the season as I was driving back from Northumberland and was pekish.

More worried about how we perform on the pitch, the hospitality can come later.

The new routine is Home Bargains for pop/water and a twix. That way support the club in some way!

I cannhandle a fizzy cold tasteless beer but only after a few, if I'm going in cold, fuck that.

Plus I get to so few home games and with my Dad pushing into his late 70s, it's more about watching the match and spending a bit of time together, and being men, this way we don't have to talk much either.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Great we have a big crowd on

downside will be long queuing at the kiosks unless they get it sorted 

They've reversed the ratio of cash/card serving points, which should help a lot.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/wanderers-increase-contactless-capacity-at-concourse-kiosks/

47 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I've fucked up and left it too late. Only place I could get 3 together was Upper Tiers. Couldn't even get 2 together in the Lowers. 🤦‍♂️

Only about 60 left in all lower tiers. Upper going quick too.

thought you would have been a season ticket holder Cheese or is that the cinema 

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

18 minutes ago, Adlington Trotter said:

Does anyone from Adlington/Chorley way know if the bus service is on this season? Can't see any sign of it on the clubs website.

My brother lives in Adlington and after the game had to get two buses to go about three miles.cos the service bus has been scrapped. He said that tmrw he's going to have a pint after the match and get the c6pm train back cos it was such a ballache 

• Site Supporter
Just now, radcliffe white said:

Tbh that’s not the problem it’s the incompetent staff 

I disagree, but I might be wrong. North Lower only has/had 1 card payment queue per kiosk, which is mental considering the prevelance of contactless these days. I haven't bothered at half time this season anyway. My kids would rather stay in their seats in the open air for 15 minutes than congregate with thousands in a semi-confined space. If they weren't with me, I'd be queuing for a pint on 40 minutes.

42 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Only about 60 left in all lower tiers. Upper going quick too.

thought you would have been a season ticket holder Cheese or is that the cinema 

Wahey! 🤣 

I've heard we've sold more than Man City this weekend. 

80k on. 

Don't trust the official capacity. Its a tax dodge 

This generations Blackburn away.... Int 80s or 70s or whenever the fuck it was. 

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I disagree, but I might be wrong. North Lower only has/had 1 card payment queue per kiosk, which is mental considering the prevelance of contactless these days. I haven't bothered at half time this season anyway. My kids would rather stay in their seats in the open air for 15 minutes than congregate with thousands in a semi-confined space. If they weren't with me, I'd be queuing for a pint on 40 minutes.

LL2 is bonkers queuing at 40 mins and you might just get your pint for second half, someone should be on pouring duty from 3.30 lining them up