Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

King of Crisps

Rudy

The case was Pringles basically saying 'we're shitbags, our product has hardly seen a spud' to wiggle out of a higher applied tax. Lawlords saw differently.

40% of ingredients was spud derived and this was enough for lawlords. Ruling - Pringles are crisps so pay up you Yank twats.

I expect this applies to other reconstituted Potato snacks i.e. Square Crisps, Spirals, Roysters.

The corn and maize and biscuit etc. based are not, including; Doritos, Wotsits, Cheese Moments, Frazzles, Chipsticks, Quavers...

Need I go on?

Did you actually read the case notes? It's all in there...

Anything cheaper than potatos (in Pringles) comprise the ingredients, other than the 40% potato.

I bet palm oil and guar gum feature.

They still sell 10p snacks at my corner shop, though they're more like 5p snacks of the 70s and 80s in size and contents.

Maize/corn snacks usually are cheaper.

Chipsticks say are 39p, Walkers 65p..?

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter

Reading this thread I thought I’d go down to the go op today and grab a packet of crisps to brighten my dinner up  , it’s Friday after all, living on the edge and all that. 
 A single , ie one, packet of McCoy’s  salt and vinegar , 95 fucking  p , 95p for one packet of crisps . Jesus 

• Members
3 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Reading this thread I thought I’d go down to the go op today and grab a packet of crisps to brighten my dinner up  , it’s Friday after all, living on the edge and all that. 
 A single , ie one, packet of McCoy’s  salt and vinegar , 95 fucking  p , 95p for one packet of crisps . Jesus 

6 bags £1 or thereabouts in Tesco

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Rudy said:

6 bags £1 or thereabouts in Tesco

Exactly, it’s why it was such a shock, usually a multipack arrives with the shopping and I’d have a bag out of that occasionally. 
Genuinely thought crisps were about 30p a packet 😁

• Members
7 minutes ago, Spider said:

NINETY FIVE NEW PENCE for a bag of crisps??

I’d set fire to the shop as a point of principle 

At the cricket club the other week and the little un asks for a bag of crisps. Goes to the bar and hands over a £1. Got crisps and stand their like a lemon waiting for my change. Guess who never got any change? 

Asked the girl if the owner wore a stripy jumper and mask. It was at this point that I realised I'm turning into my Dad. 

Edited by bolton_blondie

• Site Supporter

A bag of crisps probably contains a quarter of a medium sized spuds-worth of crisps.

For Walkers, that’s a landed cost of about 1pence. Add in 2-3pence for flavourings and packaging, 1-2pence for transport, 1pence towards advertising and Linekers fees, and that it. And I’m being generous.

Retailers selling at a pound are making a minimum of 75pence. For that kind of profit, they should expect several smacks in the face and be willing to get several more.

2 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

At the cricket club the other week and the little un asks for a bag of crisps. Goes to the bar and hands over a £1. Got crisps and stand their like a lemon waiting for my change. Guess who never got any change? 

Asked the girl if the owner wore a stripy jumper and mask. It was at this point that I realised I'm turning into my Dad. 

You're growing a cock?

2 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Already got one. Surgery got put back because of bloody covid. 

@royal whitelikes this. Throw in a take away from nam ploy and some chang (not Chan although that’s wouldn’t go amiss) and he would be up you (or vice versa) like a rat up a drain pipe 

call the cops he’s off his chops 😎

• Members
6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

@royal whitelikes this. Throw in a take away from nam ploy and some chang (not Chan although that’s wouldn’t go amiss) and he would be up you (or vice versa) like a rat up a drain pipe 

call the cops he’s off his chops 😎

Oi get in line 

I’ve been wording this girl with a gift up for time