Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

King of Crisps

Rudy

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

😇bob balaban ilana wexler GIF

It's when two bowls are almost equidistant from the jack, so that it is impossible to ascertain the winner without measuring. The number of times I've heard pensioners veterans on public parks shouting "Pegs, pegs please".

Hope this clears it up.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Spider said:

A bag of crisps probably contains a quarter of a medium sized spuds-worth of crisps.

For Walkers, that’s a landed cost of about 1pence. Add in 2-3pence for flavourings and packaging, 1-2pence for transport, 1pence towards advertising and Linekers fees, and that it. And I’m being generous.

Retailers selling at a pound are making a minimum of 75pence. For that kind of profit, they should expect several smacks in the face and be willing to get several more.

And get their millionaire advertising pundit to accept his share of the smacks too.

On a more general crisp topic, someone used to do 'hedgehog' flavour crisp I think.

And M&S did or do apple flavour and beetroot flavour.

By adding the word flavour they don't actually have to include anything but additives.

Crisps are one of two things that have massively changed for me during COVID 

Firstly, could never drink tea first thing. Had to be coffee. Total reversal now. Can’t have coffee unless I’ve had a tea when I wake up

Secondly, salt and vinegar were pretty much all I ever bought in the UK, be they crisps, a corn starch based snack or a piece of carpet. Middle of last year it suddenly changed and had to be cheese and onion. Now it’s Aldi multipack plain crisps. Nowt else other than Tayto’s cheese and onion. Weird

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Never heard of Tayto. Ever.

A quick look says they're a rather large snack company!

Massive in Ireland . Was the only crisps available when on holidays there as kids, and only cheese and onion available too. 
expanded massively since then and I started noticing them here a few years ago, other than in Irish clubs, in Tesco “ food from around the world “ aisle 

they have theme park too 

https://taytopark.ie

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Never heard of Tayto. Ever.

A quick look says they're a rather large snack company!

Aye used to be stupidly difficult to get hold of. I only knew of them cos late MiL was Irish. Kimberley biscuits are another ace Irish snack. Lovely with a brew. Only ever seen them in the Asda opposite the Etihad though

6 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Aye used to be stupidly difficult to get hold of. I only knew of them cos late MiL was Irish. Kimberley biscuits are another ace Irish snack. Lovely with a brew. Only ever seen them in the Asda opposite the Etihad though

Mate of mine went living in Ireland for a few years, he used to bring Taytos, Barry's tea and Silvermints for us whenever he came back home. He now lives in France and calls the favour back in whenever any of us go over there by requesting as much Vimto as you can carry. 

• Members
On 04/10/2021 at 17:20, MancWanderer said:

My wife is family and Kimberley’s are lovely. Cadburys chocolate in Ireland for some reason as well tastes creamier

On 04/10/2021 at 14:53, bolton_blondie said:

Well done whoever suggested these. I stink now though. 

IMG_20211004_145131.jpg

Tayto are big in Ireland. 

Lived with Irish folk at uni who got us on these and club orange. 

It's like tango but a million times better. 

Both were dear as fuck in the world food aisle of Asda back in the day but might be more mainstream now. 

• Members
18 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Tayto are big in Ireland. 

Lived with Irish folk at uni who got us on these and club orange. 

It's like tango but a million times better. 

Both were dear as fuck in the world food aisle of Asda back in the day but might be more mainstream now. 

99p for 6. Pushed boat out.