Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe

Horwich

Due to COVID watched the game on ifollow.

takes the emotion out of it really , Christ we are shite at times.

even when we were on top first half & then a short purple patch in the second

(when their shithousery was at its apex) didn’t really look like scoring.

Bako is useless played wide.Our midfield is non functional in that it has no shape & we continually lose second ball.

Dixon should save the first one & the second one is lack of defensive nous dealing with a punt up field. Aimson did ok Santos was below par & John can’t defend for toffee.

Fossey & Jones should be first names on Sat. team sheet.

positives , erm Charles plus the two above.

Just back 1st half played quite well in spells,2nd half absolute dog shit

Baka should never play out wide again,John needs dropping he was shite and fozzie mom.Santos needs to go back to basics and stop thinking he's got all the time in the world and speed his fucking passes up.Mj was OK but thought he was part at fault for the 1st,just close the man down

Anyone else notice Aimson moaning to Santos with about 5 minutes to go. Looked like he was saying '2 down with 5 minutes to go and we've got one up front'

I might have the wrong end of the stick though if Ian Evatt is reading! 😁

Was poor tonight overall. Fossey looked likely second half and it's good to have Jones back - but that midfield needs some energy. I can see why he's looking there to strengthen.

Was a decent enough performance, few slight alterations I don’t see why this team can’t be attacking the lower echelons of the playoffs. Wycombe did a number on us. Keep the faith in Evatt.
Echo the sentiments of thomosson not being good enough which is a shame to be honest with you.

mutley  

3 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Same old, look really lively for 25 minutes with nothing to show for it then conceed a soft goal. Rinse and repeat every week

Relegation battle now, not sure of this lot have the fight in them to get out of it 

Fossy and Charles the only positives 

Few people said last week we won’t go down but I’m not sure this lot don’t have any fight just so weak

charles yes fossy reminds of mark little ok going forward but can’t defend 

2 minutes ago, Mutley said:

Was a decent enough performance, few slight alterations I don’t see why this team can’t be attacking the lower echelons of the playoffs. Wycombe did a number on us. Keep the faith in Evatt.
Echo the sentiments of thomosson not being good enough which is a shame to be honest with you.

mutley  

Kinnel  are you on the wacky baccy ?

Bakayoko’s five minute spell just before he went off was one of the worst I’ve ever seen. Twice beaten to headers by players a foot shorter than him, fell over the ball, gave it away and then that whole charade where, as a professional football on thousands of pounds a week, he literally ran around the ball like an U7s player rather than use his right foot.

Felt for Dixon suddenly being expected to make 50 yard pinpoint passes after a season of playing 10 yard easy balls. Thought he could have done better on the first goal but credit to him for the one-on-one save in the first half.

First 25 minutes was really positive, but after that was just utterly awful. All of a sudden some of these upcoming games look like real six pointers. 

1 minute ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

He's got to find the personnel/system to go 2 up top. Charles has excellent movement but was totally isolated. 

We need an experienced keeper, a no nonsense centre half & a midfield ratter. We have to stop being such a pushover. 

I agree been saying it for a while now ! Charles needs somebody to play off unfortunately Baka isn’t that player .

7 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Few people said last week we won’t go down but I’m not sure this lot don’t have any fight just so weak

charles yes fossy reminds of mark little ok going forward but can’t defend 

I think he'll play further forward now Jones is back, he look very lovely and direct 

1 minute ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

He's got to find the personnel/system to go 2 up top. Charles has excellent movement but was totally isolated. 

We need an experienced keeper, a no nonsense centre half & a midfield ratter. We have to stop being such a pushover. 

I agree with you but can’t see him bringing in another CB hope I’m wrong.

19 minutes ago, captainmed said:

You are 100% correct.

Leadership is too much for many people.

He is one of those.

Nobody on that team talks at all.

MJ appears more captaincy material to me.

I wonder if it's a decision Evatt regrets, probably didn't see many other options at the time but MJ was surely the stand out? Stripping him of the captaincy before summer would possibly affect him even more so not worth the risk now.

Another thing on Santos, said it before but how has he not got a goal to his name for us, not even after a full season a promotion winning L2 side? Terrible indictment on him and our set pieces that he hasn't even bagged a header from a corner or free kick.

35 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Our bench was so light today

Politic > Delf

One might not be getting regular game time at Port Vale but when he does invariably creates something. 

The other doesn't get regular game time for us... And doesn't. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Bakayoko’s five minute spell just before he went off was one of the worst I’ve ever seen. Twice beaten to headers by players a foot shorter than him, fell over the ball, gave it away and then that whole charade where, as a professional football on thousands of pounds a week, he literally ran around the ball like an U7s player rather than use his right foot.

Felt for Dixon suddenly being expected to make 50 yard pinpoint passes after a season of playing 10 yard easy balls. Thought he could have done better on the first goal but credit to him for the one-on-one save in the first half.

First 25 minutes was really positive, but after that was just utterly awful. All of a sudden some of these upcoming games look like real six pointers. 

Did you miss the one where Delf ducked under a pass when he saw the defender coming in behind him? Absolutely shit out. 

3 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Did you miss the one where Delf ducked under a pass when he saw the defender coming in behind him? Absolutely shit out. 

Was that the one that Fossy crossed in? From NSL it looked like the defender got a touch to it - possibly with his hand - to divert the ball off path, though I do think Delfouneso should have just thrown himself at the ball and surely he’d have scored. 

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Very frustrating to watch, but reminds me of this time last year, waiting for things to click again. Confident it'll come.

I sort of agree with you in an optimistic way but I have one massive problem

Things might click but all an opposing team needs to do is put the ball out of play. Corner, throw in or a shithousery free kick. They know that we’ll do fuck all with it and give them possession. We can’t clear the first man at a corner. We can’t put a free kick or a cross into a decent space in the box. We can’t even do anything positive with a throw in. It’s not even worth discussing formation, tactics, player selection or anything else when we do nowt with the basics that the other team should be worrying about