Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe

Horwich

2 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I didn’t think Wycombe looked a good side. Workmanlike & experts in shithousery maybe, but football wise i thought they were fairly mediocre.

'Do just enough' was how commentator described it, a great trait to have as opposed to whatever we 'do'?

• Members
Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

Yeh thats all it takes to beat us at the moment - a bit of muscle and determination and we roll over to have our bellies tickled.

We’re too much of a soft touch.

The amount of challenges Thomason half went into did my Fuckin head in, leave a foot hanging for a 50-50. 

To be fair to him he goes and shows for every ball doesn’t go missing but I wouldn’t back him for winning any 50-50s

Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

Yeh thats all it takes to beat us at the moment - a bit of muscle and determination and we roll over to have our bellies tickled.

That was an issue last season too, where we weren't even sticking up for ourselves after fouls, or even attempting game management/time wasting like Wycombe did tonight etc. Then it all changed second half of the season.

I don't know how or why but we've reverted to looking small and weak again. We lack leaders, big time. Making Santos captain looks to have been a huge error to me, he's shrunk in the role, not grown.

They looked very strong and physical,   reminded me of rotherham at our place but not as organised.

Jones will make a big difference and fossey in front of him looked promising, raw pace that no full back likes.

For me, Santos slows the game to much,  fine when we are leading but tonight he just seems to lumber about when urgency is needed and he is not a captain.

Mj seems off the pace yet but that will come back .

Oh and anybody know of a decent keeper coming to the end of his contract 

Seriously Fossey when he got moved forward is the only one who comes out with any credit there. Absolutely soft as shit & fearful all the rest. A midfield three that don't create nor win any duals, a defense that can't deal with a simple long punt, pathetic goalkeeping a position what we haven't properly addressed in years. Morley will be an assett but surely we need to use funds to invest in some leaders & experience who can keep us up. Charles too... Great signing on paper but all his 20 goals came in a partnership of two up top of him & Colby Bishop has Dion ever played up top on his own? 

7 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

We also have some height and muscle with baka, but he is may as well have not played for all he uses it

He's a centre forward and nothing else, for me. And one with a streaky goal scoring record at that, but that's a different story. Playing him on the wing is an absolute waste of time, may as well stick Fossey there now Jones is back. Or try Dapo on the right to shake it up because he's another one who's gone missing.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

You are making a lot of excuses for some reason . It was utter shit especially second half if you had to sit through it . Might look different on ifollow 

Not making excuses. That’s not an excuse. I didn’t watch on ifollow 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I thought that when I saw the pre match video of the players arriving. It looked like the game was taking place in Russia.

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

I don't know how or why but we've reverted to looking small and weak again. We lack leaders, big time. Making Santos captain looks to have been a huge error to me, he's shrunk in the role, not grown.

You are 100% correct.

Leadership is too much for many people.

He is one of those.

Nobody on that team talks at all.

MJ appears more captaincy material to me.

19 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Change of system needed getting over run in midfield same old story go a goal down game over IE really needs to sort this out!

We play with 3 centre mids and are still getting over run. I think the personnel is the issue not the system. Kieran Lee is still not fit enough. Thomason is weak as piss and slow and Williams isnt quick. They are all too similar aswell. All equally as shit as each other tonight. 

1 minute ago, Arrested development said:

We play with 3 centre mids and are still getting over run. I think the personnel is the issue not the system. Kieran Lee is still not fit enough. Thomason is weak as piss and slow and Williams isnt quick. They are all too similar aswell. All equally as shit as each other tonight. 

Yes, when the midfield is as inadequate as it is it's a fundamental problem. The reason we conceded so few goals in the second half of last season was because we addressed the problems in midfield.

But it still shouldn't be as bad as it is.