Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Manchester Airport

gonzo

• Site Supporter

Supposed to be going away on Friday. 
11:10 the flight is, baggage drop says it’s open from 3 hrs before the flight and average security time is 4.5..

If that happens like that then I’ll surely miss the flight , hopefully won’t 

is it the same in all Terminals? 

1 hour ago, Spider said:

We were supposed to be going to Mallorca on Saturday but aren’t because my lad has tested positive for Covid.

Id happily tut and whine my way through the airport if it meant I could fucking travel

I told you to leave him at home.

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Elvis said:

We are flying back on Thursday night. Only hand luggage so only Immigration to navigate 

Flew out last Sunday (27th March, I think) on an 08.30 flight. Got there at about 05.00 because it was reported the M56 was shut all weekend. It was, but after the exit to airport. Entered T1 as advised. Baggage and check-in didn’t even open until 06.00 so we cleared that, went to security and queued for 7 minutes and were then sent on a route-march through corridors and ended up in T3. 
Plane set off on time.

When we returned, straight off the plane, bus to T3, security was an armed cop and a Border Force chap who asked if I had a passport. Showed him the front cover and he waved me through. I thought it was like a pre-inspection but it turned out that was it. Baggage carrousel then outside.

No bother in either direction.

3 hours ago, Big E said:

mental they are down on staff given the furlough scheme etc. 

Surely there are 2000 doorman badge bods who would love the gig now its kicking off 

They all work for GMP now going by Saturday's evidence.

Just had an email from Easy Jet that our flight to Berlin next Monday is now flying on Tuesday instead. Beltin.

37 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

They all work for GMP now going by Saturday's evidence.

Just had an email from Easy Jet that our flight to Berlin next Monday is now flying on Tuesday instead. Beltin.

Still go to check-in on Monday, though.
That way you might clear security before the flight leaves.

5 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

Mum and Dad going away in a couple of weeks and he's already doing my Mums head in about it. Stressing. Miserable sod hates going away and leaving dog as it is. 

Who's going to mind your kids when you're out on the piss?

6 hours ago, Zico said:

They just need to adopt a security policy along the lines of what that ryanair bloke suggested a few years back 

Fast track everyone through except for those who look likely to be carrying a bomb

Otherwise known as ‘profiling’

To most folk it’s just common sense.

I can’t see them using this method to speed things up though, it would upset too many people - mainly those who are being regularly targeted for extra attention obvs.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Otherwise known as ‘profiling’

To most folk it’s just common sense.

I can’t see them using this method to speed things up though, it would upset too many people - mainly those who are being regularly targeted for extra attention obvs.

I will never forget sitting in Dresden Airport in 1991, waiting to come home from a business trip.

There was a Muslim guy; beard, garb, the lot. Briefcase by his side looking agitated/nervous.

No fucker sat near him and he stood out like a sore thumb. 

Relaxed when I could board and fuck off. :)

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I will never forget sitting in Dresden Airport in 1991, waiting to come home from a business trip.

There was a Muslim guy; beard, garb, the lot. Briefcase by his side looking agitated/nervous.

No fucker sat near him and he stood out like a sore thumb. 

Relaxed when I could board and fuck off. :)

Aye that extra few seats distance would've saved you from 20kgs of semtex :)