Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Credit Crunch

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully not yours, mate.

Oh yes, as of today I'm officially on 90 days consultancy

Which is rather bizarre as our sales are up over 20% on TY/LY but the problem is that 60% of our sales are now on line therefore you don't need as many Contact Centres to take calls therefore, less Contact Centres, less need for BA's

I'm not in the least bit worried, I've been on 90 days consultancy 5 times in the last 7 years, in fact I've volunteered twice to take redundancy, the buggers won't let me go. The package is excellent at the moment so ideally I'd like to get out before the tw?thooks change the T+C's

Then I shall contract in the winter and live in Greece in the Summer

Piece of p?ss, my plans have been brought forward slightly

Watch this now, they'll tell me I have to stay again

Also, our site in Crosby is shutting completely so they told the scoucers yesterday that if they we're too upset they could go home, so a thousand scoucers all f?cked off to the pub (paid for by the press)

Only in Liverpool

There was no programme at the Conference fixture between Crawley Town and Woking on New Years Day.The printers,Queensway of Edmonton were owed around ?16,000 from Crawley and refused to print until some of this credit was paid.

• 3 weeks later...
if oil is at 33, and theres no demand, why is the price at the pumps sneaking back up?

If I recall correctly - it is because oil is traded in dollars and the pound's value against the dollar as dropped.

There is a short time delay between the purchase of the crude oil and it being sold at the pumps - so the price rise probably reflects the drop in the pound against the dollar three or four weeks ago - hence the increase at the pumps in only the last several days.

If I recall correctly - it is because oil is traded in dollars and the pound's value against the dollar as dropped.

There is a short time delay between the purchase of the crude oil and it being sold at the pumps - so the price rise probably reflects the drop in the pound against the dollar three or four weeks ago - hence the increase at the pumps in only the last several days.

That what they would like you to think, it gone up here too ,when I got back after Chirstmas it was $1.45 its now $1-80,so someone, somewhere is telling porkies

lack of refineing capacity driving the wholesale price of petrol up?

In general that would be a contributing factor - but I don't think that is the issue in this case.

Without any real knowledge of the USA home economy I would guess that it would be more likely that its major suppliers of oil are reducing its supply to try and force up prices.

I do know that Venezuela was intending to do something along the same lines very recently - as its economy which is largely based on oil exports - was suffering due to the recent fall in oil prices.

I'm not sure however if that is the whole explanation for petrol price increases in Houston and the surrounding area!

lack of refineing capacity driving the wholesale price of petrol up?

Now that could be a explaination except that the Amercans are now driving a lot less miles then 12 months ago, the mileage as been going done month on month for the last 9 or 10 months. so refineing capacity is not the answer ( but it is the main reason for the price of diesel).

Now that could be a explaination except that the Amercans are now driving a lot less miles then 12 months ago, the mileage as been going done month on month for the last 9 or 10 months. so refineing capacity is not the answer ( but it is the main reason for the price of diesel).

It's a supply crunch, in anticipation of demand picking up in 2010, apparently.

proof unions don't live in the real world

Local government pay goes to ACAS

(10/02/09) UNISON and other council unions put their case for a larger 2008-9 pay award in England, Wales and Northern Ireland to ACAS today.

The joint unions, and the employers, had both already submitted written evidence on the pay deal, which both sides referred to arbitration late last year.

The trade union presented their submission and supporting evidence in an oral hearing today, followed by the employers.

The unions argued that local government has treated workers on National Joint Council terms and condit6ions as ?poor relations? for a long time.

Employers have failed to invest in pay, training and good conditions, while making over-the-odds efficiency savings and putting ever-larger off sums of money into reserves. UNISON and other unions also pointed out that the money available to local authorities from central government for the next three years will far exceed inflation if economic predictions are correct.

The employers argued that pay offers had been constrained by government pay policy, the cost of the local government pension scheme and Single Status.

Each side asked the other questions and the arbitration panel asked questions too. They were particularly interested in unallocated reserves - which have increased significantly in the last few years, and whether they can be used for pay purposes.

The joint unions agreed to provide them with further information on unallocated reserves as a proportion of revenue for 2007/8 and 2008/9. That information has been obtained and he unions are now waiting for the employers to agree it so that it can be sent to the ACAS panel.

There is no indication yet of when the ACAS panel will respond to the submissions.

The country is in recession but our members jobs are largely safe, give us more money. :blink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7891913.stm

Same as this lot , they are agency so therefore are on one weeks notice that what working for an agency means ... tossers

Another agency worker told the BBC that he felt like a "second class" employee compared to the permanent staff.

"It's a disgrace," he said.

"I've worked here for three-and-a-half years and now I'm being sacked for no reason. I've been used."

and for those 3 and a half years you've probably been paid more than the permanent staff doing the same job

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.