Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gartside On Twitter

little whitt

Big Sam could have have had quite a bit of extra cash, however he wanted it in the January transfer window back in 2007, we didnt have a pot to piss in until we got the next lot of Sky Money, Garty told Sam you can have all the sky money come summer, but Sam spat his dummy out as at that moment we were 4th in the league, at this point he figured rightly or wrongly that our ambitions didnt match his

NB, best getvdusting those pitchforks off, you're going the make a killing at the next home natch....

I'm already on it. I think Spider's been weeing in the shed though on his night stalking sessions, as it smells a bit funny in there.

If any of them are rusty, you know who to blame.

Personally - I just want to be proud of my club. Whatever division we find ourselves in. I'd prefer that we put our energy into developing young talent, preferably British, and schooled them not only in how to play, but educated them as individals too.

That's the best way in my opinion. Might not be the quickest or he easiest.

The club are spending big money on the youth system I have no problem with that, I also think that the people we have in place for the academy are the right people, now we need to get the right team into manage the first team, it's time for Eddie and Gartside to make a big and bold decision get Coyle out and the hangers on and spend real money on getting the best manager and back up staff we can afford. This season is still going to be the best opportunity to go back up the coming years our budget will half again and then we will really be on a slippery slope.

as coyle seems to have a brass neck & wont do the honourable thing and walk away - he was quoted a while a ago he would only stay as long as the fans want him , well Owen your time has come & take the rest of your mates with you !

Eddie Davies is a Bolton lad ,surly he cant be happy with the situation ? sooner or later he has to tell Gartside - enough is enough - get shut !

Inflatable plastic pitchforks for disgruntled football fans. £3 a pop.

Get us on Dragon's Den.

Imagine 16,000 of them waving in unison as we all wailed our displeasure!

Could we Laos invent some sort of vuvuzela to use during the match for the "hounding" that then can double as a flaming torch after the match when we are chasing Coyle and his cronies to their cars?

Naturally it would have to be some fire resistant plastic, and the torches could only be lit by responsible adults outside of the stadium for safety reason (we could do smaller versions with LED lights for kids so they don't feel left out, a sort of symbolic flaming torch)

Big Sam could have have had quite a bit of extra cash, however he wanted it in the January transfer window back in 2007, we didnt have a pot to piss in until we got the next lot of Sky Money, Garty told Sam you can have all the sky money come summer, but Sam spat his dummy out as at that moment we were 4th in the league, at this point he figured rightly or wrongly that our ambitions didnt match his

And this was also being driven by the fans expectations soin a way we are all to blame a wee bit, Sam was only doing what he thought was what we wanted, and he was right.

At least he had the balls to walk away from a club he loved.

And this was also being driven by the fans expectations soin a way we are all to blame a wee bit, Sam was only doing what he thought was what we wanted, and he was right.

And take most of the backroom too. A big thanks to him for that.

I think Gartsides first mistake was appointing little Sam so quickly. It looked like a fit of pique, especially when he came out with something to the effect that if both Sams came for the job, little Sam would get it on the strength of his qualifications. After that it just looked like he was doing it on the cheap stumbling from one crisis to the next, and eventually OC got the job more in hope than expectation. Perhaps we are to blame for chanting OCs name.

And tell everybody it was because he needed a break from football, before almost immediately taking another job.

Could we Laos invent some sort of vuvuzela to use during the match for the "hounding" that then can double as a flaming torch after the match when we are chasing Coyle and his cronies to their cars?

Naturally it would have to be some fire resistant plastic, and the torches could only be lit by responsible adults outside of the stadium for safety reason (we could do smaller versions with LED lights for kids so they don't feel left out, a sort of symbolic flaming torch)

All great ideas. But where do Laos fit into it? Are we having them made there for the cheap labour costs? ;-)

it wouldnt work

there are no responsible adults at the reebok

NB, I know it was annoying when BSA took his backroom staff but thats no different to every other manager now, and i can only *presume that they were offered more money etc.

*No factual information

I am aware of that, you know I am. But the whole Allardyce loved/s about the club blah blah, that tells me he is no different to many other managers.

He isn't Saint Allardyce of Middlebrook as some would have you believe.

The kind of situation we're currently in has arisen twice before in my times watching Bolton.

* Early 1980s - when we got it wrong. Ian Greaves was sacked and we spent three years in the old Division Two making poor signings, drifting further and further in to debt, making managerial changes at the end of every season (Stan Anderson and George Mulhall sacked) and ending up in Div 3 for the start of 83/84

* Late 1990s - Colin Todd had a great squad after relegation but could not get the team to defend properly. Watford play off final. Club drifts further and further in to debt .... and then Sam Allardyce was appointed and did more with less.

Conclusion? We need to follow the latter path by bringing in a street fighting manager who has been, seen and done it at this level and will deliver comparitive success within budget - starting with getting the team to learn the basics of decent defending.

Names? Billy Davis, Mick McCarthy.

Sadly, the ideal person for the job is currently making a success of managing West Ham.

The kind of situation we're currently in has arisen twice before in my times watching Bolton.

* Early 1980s - when we got it wrong. Ian Greaves was sacked and we spent three years in the old Division Two making poor signings, drifting further and further in to debt, making managerial changes at the end of every season (Stan Anderson and George Mulhall sacked) and ending up in Div 3 for the start of 83/84

* Late 1990s - Colin Todd had a great squad after relegation but could not get the team to defend properly. Watford play off final. Club drifts further and further in to debt .... and then Sam Allardyce was appointed and did more with less.

Conclusion? We need to follow the latter path by bringing in a street fighting manager who has been, seen and done it at this level and will deliver comparitive success within budget - starting with getting the team to learn the basics of decent defending.

Names? Billy Davis, Mick McCarthy.

Sadly, the ideal person for the job is currently making a success of managing West Ham.

Fuck him

And tell everybody it was because he needed a break from football, before almost immediately taking another job.

He was no doubt hit with a keep quiet order so the fans didn't find the truth quite so quickly, so needing a rest or gardening leave was most likely an excuse written by the club.

He was no doubt hit with a keep quiet order so the fans didn't find the truth quite so quickly, so needing a rest or gardening leave was most likely an excuse written by the club.

Right. One of them there keep quiet orders that you are at liberty to hand out to one of your ex employees.