Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Black Sabbath Sunday

embankment

I saw Sabbath in their final ever UK show at the NEC last time they did a final tour.

What year was that, i saw them the last time they played Download. Its was ok but not amazing ( poor sound ). Then 2 years ago at The Arena. I can honestly say it was one of the best gigs i have seen.

Hopefully Sunday will match it.

The other problem is getting Sputnik and Ashburner Street out of their pits on Sunday because they are at Southend on Saturday.

What year was that, i saw them the last time they played Download. Its was ok but not amazing ( poor sound ). Then 2 years ago at The Arena. I can honestly say it was one of the best gigs i have seen.

Hopefully Sunday will match it.

The other problem is getting Sputnik and Ashburner Street out of their pits on Sunday because they are at Southend on Saturday.

I've seen em 2 or 3 times since the final show myself.

Turns out it was the show recorded for the live album Reunion

Edited by frank_spencer

I am by no means a Black Sabbath fan but when we did such things I had the opening riff of Paranoid as my mobile ring tone.

It had to get changed after rocker types kept siddling up and starting conversations about the band.

I had the black pussy, white pussy, apple pie pussy , pussy pussy pussy thingy off dusk till dawn.

Felt a right cunt went it went off during my English exam at 6th form.

Like a bit of Sabbath. But nah. Bands reforming never have the same magic. Kiss and Rainbow are doing the rounds soon. Only Richie Blackmore and his mandolin are original.

Kiss were brilliant at the Nynex but a bit meh when I've seen em at festivals.

The only 'iconic' band I'm gutted about never seeing is AC/DC somehow been to one of their gigs or festival appearances.

Kiss were brilliant at the Nynex but a bit meh when I've seen em at festivals.

The only 'iconic' band I'm gutted about never seeing is AC/DC somehow been to one of their gigs or festival appearances.

I was at the NYNEX for that Kiss concert. I'm not a big Kiss fan but that was one of the best concerts I've been too.

They were superb at the last download they did in 2010. They brought their own stage c/w giant inflatable Rosie and also their own sound system, that blew the main stage out of the water. They were loud, almost as loud as Korn at the apollo!

They were superb at the last download they did in 2010. They brought their own stage c/w giant inflatable Rosie and also their own sound system, that blew the main stage out of the water. They were loud, almost as loud as Korn at the apollo!

That's sooo Spinal Tap, amps going up to 11 cock waving.

No gig ive been to has ever been as loud as Motorhead at the Apollo.

My ears were ringing for 2 days afterwards, and singing (well shouting really) along to all the songs fucked up my voice for a week.

I lost my big toenail in the pit after some fat sweaty mosher stamped on it. It took about 8 months to finally drop off before I could put my 'korntoe' on my Mrs pillow. I can still hear her shrill scream now :D

As for pit wounds I got punched in the bollocks crowd surfing at Ozfest at the Milton Keynes bowl way back when.

Fair few black eyes, busted nose and lips.

Saw a guy dislocate his shoulder in the pit, his mate popped it back in and they bounced off back into the pit. No idea whether that was a regular occurrence for him but he didn't seem overly phased.

Edited by frank_spencer