Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

12 minutes ago, Rudy said:

😂 The premier league alone makes the government £3billion The government need football more than the other way around 

I’m sure they’ll be gutted

No doubt they won’t give a fuck, same as I won’t give a fuck about them. 

42 minutes ago, DazBob said:

If Bolton players continue to kneel before the game will you be finished with BWFC too?

I can either boo, avoid it or pack in, who knows. One things for sure further politicisation in sport is turning me off the game at the higher level, might just go watch the game at grass roots.  

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

Misunderstanding democracy?! I refer you to the period 2017-19 when various people in this country sought to undermine the result of a nationwide referendum on June 23, 2016. It was the most startling and glaring example of "misunderstanding democracy" in the modern history of this country. 

When it comes to misunderstanding democracy - this is the standout event by some considerable margin (Adonis, Grieve, Gauke, Swinson). 

Any debate about "misunderstanding democracy" will use this appalling period in our history as its yardstick both now and for many years to come.

You could have just said you agreed with my post and saved your energy.

Its good that you agree with me.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I can either boo, avoid it or pack in, who knows. One things for sure further politicisation in sport is turning me off the game at the higher level, might just go watch the game at grass roots.  

It’s quite amusing watching you and Hanley lose your shit over some kids trying to stop racism.

Just go to your seat 3 seconds later than normal and I promise you they’ll play football.

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

It’s quite amusing watching you and Hanley lose your shit over some kids trying to stop racism.

Just go to your seat 3 seconds later than normal and I promise you they’ll play football.

Sadly it’s having no effect on racism, racists will always be racists, taking the knee makes absolutely no difference to them, as for losing my shit 🤣😂🤣 just expressing my opinion isn’t losing my shit. I’m not ginger so I’m fine. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Sadly it’s having no effect on racism, racists will always be racists, taking the knee makes absolutely no difference to them, as for losing my shit 🤣😂🤣 just expressing my opinion isn’t losing my shit. I’m not ginger so I’m fine. 

Can you explain how a 3 second taking of the knee has materially affected the football you watch?

Has it made the standard better or worse, for example? Has it left you feeling that the sporting contest has in some way been stripped of all its thrust, vim and vigour?

Just trying to understand why you feel the need to have a big fat sulk. I may be missing something as I find the football I’ve watched to be much the same as before.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, stevieb said:

Yeah not at you personally. 

I used to use twitter for similar stuff to you but pied it off all together because it's just bobbins. 

If you're not with us you are against us is bang on. Seems to be the way of the world, not just on twitter either. 

People see allowed different views on politics. There is room for reasoned debate but not sure which room it is anymore! 

You can’t reason with the unreasonable. It’ll just frustrate you.

22 minutes ago, L/H White said:

it's their choice, they arent sheep, great to see imo

Maybe they aren’t sheep but what they are is employees. If their employer says they’re going to Downing Street they have two choices; go as instructed or resign from the international set up.

18 minutes ago, MickyD said:

You can’t reason with the unreasonable. It’ll just frustrate you.

Maybe they aren’t sheep but what they are is employees. If their employer says they’re going to Downing Street they have two choices; go as instructed or resign from the international set up.

who's said they have to go?

Surely it's your choice if you want to go round bojos for tea and biscuits?

• Moderators

one good thing about taking the knee and the booing, in a round about way, is that it's certainly brought more of the closest racists out

it was happening before, but I doubt the penalty missers would've got half the amount of abuse they would have had if taking the knee had never happened, likewise, I really don't think anyone woudl've done graffiti on the Rashford murel in Withington

draw the cunts out, catch them, and show them up for the twats they are

like this one who's been suspended from his job pending enquiry:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/england-players-racist-tweets-savills-b1882558.html

though he claims his account was taken over by a third party

course he would

4 minutes ago, Zico said:

one good thing about taking the knee and the booing, in a round about way, is that it's certainly brought more of the closest racists out

it was happening before, but I doubt the penalty missers would've got half the amount of abuse they would have had if taking the knee had never happened, likewise, I really don't think anyone woudl've done graffiti on the Rashford murel in Withington

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/england-players-racist-tweets-savills-b1882558.html

course he would

Of all the racist tweets I read just 4 tweets were from UK, most were from Africa and Middle East, based on that number if true then the the problem isn’t here in the UK. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Of all the racist tweets I read just 4 tweets were from UK, most were from Africa and Middle East, based on that number if true then the the problem isn’t here in the UK. 

I don't think that's enough to base it on to be honest

how many did you read?

pretty sure the ones who defaced his mural were "local"

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Zico said:

course he would

Not sure if they post on here.

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You read every single racist tweet about the England lads, and managed to ascertain their country of origin??

You need a better hobby.

Funny that Steve Baker is now slagging off Boris and Pritti for criticising taking the knee. 

was nt he the leading visionary ? 

it is a sad state of affairs when the inane ramblings of idiots on Twitter gets classed as representing anything other than the inane ramblings of idiots. But at least we can now see there is a problem with these idiots that needs addressing.