Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Scots.

leigh white

10 hours ago, Morizio said:

Queen of the South are based in Dumfries. Wasn’t it Queens Park we played, who used to play at Hampden Park?

Yes thanks for the correction.  Dont know why I said QOS as I went to watch them in Dumfries about 10 years ago v Kilmarnock, first time I watched Stephen Dobbie!

22 hours ago, leigh white said:

I think the game against Partick Thistle in 76 was the first i can recall, the trips to Perth and Dunfermline in the mid 90s were brilliant.

Isn't that the game that we were about to sign their centre half who ran the game? Only to find out that Liverpool had beaten us to a young Alan Hansen. Also didn't we get dicked 1-5 and it rained in biblical proportion?

11 hours ago, Offshore said:

Isn't that the game that we were about to sign their centre half who ran the game? Only to find out that Liverpool had beaten us to a young Alan Hansen. Also didn't we get dicked 1-5 and it rained in biblical proportion?

0-0 at Bolton and lost 1-0 in Glasgow.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Booted off with Hibs at the Jussi testimonial, sure I heard someone ended up through a shop window on the Middlebrook.

Didn't those Hibs lot end up somewhere down Stoneclough seem to remember some skirmishes down there,they may be a tough bunch and also tactically astute avoiding Farnworth. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Booted off with Hibs at the Jussi testimonial, sure I heard someone ended up through a shop window on the Middlebrook.

You’re memory is spot on mate. I know a fair few of the hibs lads and they turned out that day. But they did so with pretty much a free rein. It’s easy to turn up places when there is no opposition. Same as Wigan in the town centre in recent years. 

Hibs have a decent set of lads but nothing like they used to have in years gone by. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

You’re memory is spot on mate. I know a fair few of the hibs lads and they turned out that day. But they did so with pretty much a free rein. It’s easy to turn up places when there is no opposition. Same as Wigan in the town centre in recent years. 

Hibs have a decent set of lads but nothing like they used to have in years gone by. 

With assistance from oldham 

17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Correct on that day it was oldham they were with. Not sure where that comes from tbh as it’s not the first time they’ve done that. Any idea?

Goes back to the late 80s they also had a good connection with Newcastle lads

oldham joined them for the fa cup game at burnden, I wasn’t present myself for the friendly game but a good mate was in stoneclough that day and jocks/oldham got mullered a few was found hiding in gardens taking cover 😀

6 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Correct on that day it was oldham they were with. Not sure where that comes from tbh as it’s not the first time they’ve done that. Any idea?

Hibs connection stems from KJ who actually has followed United for years with their main faces, they have the Oldham link as he has a soft spot for them and a few go there too with him.

21 hours ago, Offshore said:

Cheers LW. Where T F did I get 1-5 from? Maybe mixing it up with Carlisle, that's near jockland