Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Portsmouth H pizza cup

radcliffe white

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, L/H White said:

anyone going that hasn't been to previous rounds?

i honestly don't think i'd go to wembley should we make it

Yeah but it's just for something to do in January to break up the sober monotony of doing nowt else 

Anybody who went to the Freight Rover finals V Bristol City and Torquay that are now ridiculing this competition need to give their heads a wobble, can you imagine the players saying "it's a shit cup at Wembley, I don't want to play", if we get there I will be there with the grandkids

4 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Anybody who went to the Freight Rover finals V Bristol City and Torquay that are now ridiculing this competition need to give their heads a wobble, can you imagine the players saying "it's a shit cup at Wembley, I don't want to play", if we get there I will be there with the grandkids

Take the premier league U21 teams out and it gets more respect, until then it’s a no from me. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Take the premier league B teams out and it gets more respect, until then it’s a no from me. 

Exactly where I'm at. 

Although if we were to get there, no doubt I'd buckle and go. Club deserves to be backed especially with all the shite we've had over the last few years. 

43 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Take the premier league U21 teams out and it gets more respect, until then it’s a no from me. 

They’re all out now so at least the possibility of having to boycott the final is thankfully off the agenda.

I’ve been in favour of the approach of going to the other games and just boycotting the U21 ones, if nothing else to try and make it more of a stark comparison in gates.

Would much prefer the top half dozen Conference teams enter instead of the U21 teams as used to be the case but the EFL are so desperate to keep the Premier League clubs onside for the solidarity payments   

13 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

They’re all out now so at least the possibility of having to boycott the final is thankfully off the agenda.

I’ve been in favour of the approach of going to the other games and just boycotting the U21 ones, if nothing else to try and make it more of a stark comparison in gates.

Would much prefer the top half dozen Conference teams enter instead of the U21 teams as used to be the case but the EFL are so desperate to keep the Premier League clubs onside for the solidarity payments   

If rather show my displeasure that premier league u21s are involved by boycotting it…. We’re BWFC and playing U21 teams is tinpot. 

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, L/H White said:

reading 95 will never be topped

i'd have been 8

Missed that one because MrsD was just about to pup with our first sprog and "we" decided it was perhaps best to stay home and watch on telly. 

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

reading 95 will never be topped

i'd have been 8

8 as well, but Reading is an odd one. Yes, the end result was astonishing and will live forever in fans memories. But looking objectively, we did basically fuck it up - if you're 2 down and facing a penalty then 9 time out of 10 it's curtains (especially when you wait until the last 15 mins to get your first and then the last minute to squeeze in the equalizer). Torquay was obviously great to win summat and also show we could muster a good few going that far after years of averaging less than 5k at home. Liverpool was a good effort and good day (from what we encountered anyhow it seemed a mither-free atmosphere around it). But the rest...apart from Villa I guess until that moment.