Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Portsmouth H pizza cup

radcliffe white

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

I bet the Portsmouth fans hate him. Imagine if he was sat next to you.

It would annoy the fuck out of me, but I think they accept him. He’s like part of their identity 🤔and they like how it annoys opposing fans 

2 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

Trafs kicking has been woeful tonight 

It always is. It’s a complete myth that he’s got good distribution - he’s a great sweeper keeper and good with short passes to either side, but he can’t kick long for shit.

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Jayjay23 said:

Thing is, you're not allowed to call off games because you think it might damage the pitch for another day. It's only a question of the pitch being dangerous to use. 

I get that, but wad talking in wishful terms. Would have rather had it postponed tonight through wet weather, rather than make it rough with loads more rain to come and unplayable Saturday. 

Irrelevant now, and it's a hell of an attack minded line up.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not overly bothered about his long kicking accuracy. Does the keeping pretty well, and the short stuff decent too.

Doesn't help if your lads up top aren't aerial beasts.

He very nearly cost us a few mins ago 

Will definitely trip us up at some point 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, L/H White said:

He very nearly cost us a few mins ago 

Will definitely trip us up at some point 

Probably will. That's why he's currently playing in League 1. Always find it mental how people expect L1 players to be perfect all rounders.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Probably will. That's why he's currently playing in League 1. Always find it mental how people expect L1 players to be perfect all rounders.

Don't expect him to be perfect. Just highlighting his poor kicking ability. Fantastic shot stopper.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

A lot of stupid fouls giving them possession and position. We need to get a grip of the midfield.

We only have two midfielders, and one of them is an attacking player, and could barely tackle a good dinner.

Bound to come under pressure at times.

First change for me would be Santos off and Aimson back in the middle. We’d got away from this slowly slowly crap whilst he was out but as soon as he’s back it starts again. Trafford rolls it to him in plenty space and he just stands there with it until the attackers close us down then has to lump it forward to nobody. Williams likewise it’s just all too pedestrian now with these two.